PDA

View Full Version : Let's guess who.....

Paulwny
04-07-2002, 04:46 PM
the Tigers defeat for their 1st win of the season. This is getting to be more depressing then last year.

doublem23
04-07-2002, 04:53 PM
:jon

Paulwny
04-07-2002, 04:58 PM
Are you sure Daver doesn't have that sig. copy written?

Chisox353014
04-07-2002, 05:00 PM
Last year we got swept by the Tigers at the start of the year. That can't happen again, or can it?

HawkDJ
04-07-2002, 05:02 PM
We have alot in common with last year so far. I wouldn't be surprised no matter what happens. Even if we lose the series 2-1, we would be 3-6 which still isn't terrible, but losing to the worst team in baseball would be tough to handle.

GASHWOUND
04-07-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Last year we got swept by the Tigers at the start of the year. That can't happen again, or can it?

Oh it can my friend...it can :whiner:

Procol Harum
04-07-2002, 05:50 PM
Even worse, the season is a week old and we've already managed to let both the Indians and the Twins get a three game lead on us--you remember the Twins and the Indians, right? They were the one's everybody was saying were terrible but who somehow managed to WIN their games against blowhole teams... Yeah, yeah, I know, the season's only a week old--that's just what I've heard all the Cubs fans saying....

RKMeibalane
04-07-2002, 06:02 PM
I think Glover and Osuna need to go. They aren't getting it done. Yes, the season is a week old, but with most players, one can see the "light at the end of the tunnel." As far as Glover and Osuna are concerned, I can't even see the tunner, let alone the light at the end- they're that bad.

Thomas should not play first for awhile. He was awful today after doing well yesterday. Two throwing erros by a first-baseball is not acceptable.

Losing to the Royals is not acceptable either. I don't care how eary it is. Losing to mediocre teams will ruin the season. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be for the Sox to rebound and make a run at the Twins and Indians.

GASHWOUND
04-07-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Even worse, the season is a week old and we've already managed to let both the Indians and the Twins get a three game lead on us--you remember the Twins and the Indians, right? They were the one's everybody was saying were terrible but who somehow managed to WIN their games against blowhole teams... Yeah, yeah, I know, the season's only a week old--that's just what I've heard all the Cubs fans saying....

Exactly, the Twinkies and "Toons are off to great starts while we've yet to win a series. Losing 2 of 3 to the damn Royals is not a good way to sustain confidence into your ballclub or fans.
The 2 loses we had against the Royal's they pretty much won easily.

GASHWOUND
04-07-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I think Glover and Osuna need to go. They aren't getting it done. Yes, the season is a week old, but with most players, one can see the "light at the end of the tunnel." As far as Glover and Osuna are concerned, I can't even see the tunner, let alone the light at the end- they're that bad.

Thomas should not play first for awhile. He was awful today after doing well yesterday. Two throwing erros by a first-baseball is not acceptable.

Losing to the Royals is not acceptable either. I don't care how eary it is. Losing to mediocre teams will ruin the season. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be for the Sox to rebound and make a run at the Twins and Indians.

Yeah, Glover stinks but we do't have anybody else, If we get rid of Glover and Osuna who'll replace them?

I think JM knows Thomas is awful, but they said Konerko has a bad thigh(sp?), that's why he hasn't played the last couple games. But even an injured Pauly is probably better than a healthy Thomas at first.

and yes, losing a series to the Royals is unexceptable...I'm ashamed to be a Sox fan after the piss poor performance I witnessed today.

HawkDJ
04-07-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Two throwing erros by a first-baseball is not acceptable.

What's a first baseball and how can it make an error? :D: