PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Alomar on Mets

Huisj
08-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Anyone notice that the Mets picked up Alomar to be their backup catcher now with their big catcher injury problems? I swear, he is never going to disappear from playing. Every time you think he's done, he catches on with someone else.

Their two catchers now are Mike Difelice and Alomar, and their combined age is 79! :o:

chisoxfanatic
08-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Is his brother gonna make a comeback now? That is just unreal. I thought Sandy's knees weren't able to withstand any more playing.

soxinem1
08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Anyone notice that the Mets picked up Alomar to be their backup catcher now with their big catcher injury problems? I swear, he is never going to disappear from playing. Every time you think he's done, he catches on with someone else.

Their two catchers now are Mike Difelice and Alomar, and their combined age is 79! :o:

Sandy's been with them all year........ In AAA. Except for a brief call up earlier in the season.

To be in AAA at this stage of his career he either really loves playing or has nothing else to do. He should just become a coach already.

downstairs
08-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Sandy's been with them all year........ In AAA. Except for a brief call up earlier in the season.

To be in AAA at this stage of his career he either really loves playing or has nothing else to do. He should just become a coach already.

Yes, he was playing down here in New Orleans previous to this. I believe he was more of a "coach" to the Zephyrs than anything else. However, I don't believe he quite wants to give it up yet.

MUsoxfan
08-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Good for him. I admire his love for the game. At this point, it's certainly not about the money

Brian26
08-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Good for him. I admire his love for the game. At this point, it's certainly not about the money

I'm with you. If he can contribute, more power to him.

The Racehorse
08-19-2007, 07:44 PM
While flipping between games, I heard the Nats announcers explain how Sandy ended up with the Mets... basically he signed a AAA contract with the idea of maybe becoming a coach/manager at that level. Then suddenly both LoDuca & Castro go down & bam, he's back behind the plate on a major league roster. :cool:

soxfanreggie
08-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Lucked out having him in that role then. He can give play up on the team the last month of the season and maybe help them out. He's one of those players that probably has an entire room wall-papered with the jerseys of the different teams he's been on, like Matt Stairs and Kenny Lofton.