PDA

View Full Version : *Official* I Hate Starting Losing 8-17 Postgame Threads Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
08-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Well, that sucked.

Richar's looking good, though.

CLR01
08-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Last place, eh? The view is nice.

JB98
Cintron was totally overmatched in that last AB. Frankly, there wasn't anyone on the bench that Ozzie could have gone to.....

itsnotrequired
Six loses in a row, longest current streak in all the majors.

I stayed up until midnight for this?

soxfan123
This is getting painful. Bring on Sweeney...

Patrick134
08-18-2007, 12:05 AM
This is getting painful. Bring on Sweeney...

I agree with you on Richar, he put a nice swing on that grand slam.

JB98
08-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Six loses in a row, longest current streak in all the majors.

I stayed up until midnight for this?

I held up my sports section to get this result in. Silly me.

itsnotrequired
08-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Last place, eh? The view is nice.

One always feel secure on the ground floor.

:happybday

Tragg
08-18-2007, 12:08 AM
More horrible offense.

ONe decent hit all night - and it was a doozy. So when Richar's up in the 9th inning with a man on, Ozzie bunts him, and throws 1/3 of the remaining scarce outs into the trash can.

Game ends with Ozzie's backup designated hitter, Cintron, striking out. Last night Ozzie bunted so his .400 hitter Erstad could tie the game. Third game in a week Ozzie has given away one of his last 3 outs to tie up a game, and it has failed every time.

In 2005, the Sox bunted when tied or up. Not when down. Why stick with that approach when all it did was win a WS?

CLR01
08-18-2007, 12:09 AM
One always feel secure on the ground floor.

:happybday

Well they do tell you to go to the cellar in emergency situations. http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/shrug.gif

itsnotrequired
08-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Well they do tell you to go to the cellar in emergency situations. http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/shrug.gif

Lots of jarred goods down there. I got dibs on the peaches.

TheCommander
More horrible offense.

ONe decent hit all night - and it was a doozy. So when Richar's up in the 9th inning with a man on, Ozzie bunts him, and throws 1/3 of the remaining scarce outs into the trash can.

Game ends with the designated hitter Cintron, striking out. Last night Ozzie bunted so his .400 hitter Erstad could tie the game. Third game in a week Ozzie has given away one of his last 3 outs to tie up a game, and it has failed every time.

Obsess about Erstad much? :rolleyes:

Patrick134
More horrible offense.

Game ends with the designated hitter Cintron, striking out. Last night Ozzie bunted so his .400 hitter Erstad could tie the game. Third game in a week Ozzie has given away one of his last 3 outs to tie up a game, and it has failed every time.

Ozzie wasn't the one failing with RISP.

CLR01
08-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Lots of jarred goods down there. I got dibs on the peaches.

Cool, I'll take the bottled water.

JB98
08-18-2007, 12:12 AM
More horrible offense.

I wish he would cut the bunting crap. We need every out we can get. I prefer to play for the win on the road anyway.

It's kind of silly to bunt a man into scoring position for Jerry Owens. I think Owens is a pathetic hitter in RBI situations.

TheCommander
08-18-2007, 12:12 AM

Would you like Tang with that?

itsnotrequired
08-18-2007, 12:13 AM

Pfft. I will laugh as your body withers away whilst I turn into a peach-fueled sex machine.

CLR01
08-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Would you like Tang with that?

And ruin the room temperature, funny tasting, well water? No chance.

Pfft. I will laugh as your body withers away whilst I turn into a peach-fueled sex machine.

*slaps forehead*

D'oh!

Tragg
08-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Obsess about Erstad much?

Enjoying 13 games below .500 and the league's worst offense are you?

TheCommander
08-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Enjoying 13 games below .500 and the league's worst offense are you?

Yoda?

Nellie_Fox
08-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Obsess about Erstad much? :rolleyes:

Enjoying 13 games below .500 and the league's worst offense are you?Which is, of course, all the fault of Erstad.

Mercy!
08-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Could someone tell me where the post-game thread is?

TheOldRoman
08-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Luckily, I didn't see the game. On the bright side, Richar got the first of hopefully many homers, and Contreras was merely crappy, instead of horrible. If he could progress from crappy to bad and then bad to mediocre in his next two starts, we might be able to move him this month.

RowanDye
08-18-2007, 12:23 AM
More horrible offense.

Game ends with Ozzie's backup designated hitter, Cintron, striking out. Last night Ozzie bunted so his .400 hitter Erstad could tie the game. Third game in a week Ozzie has given away one of his last 3 outs to tie up a game, and it has failed every time.

In 2005, the Sox bunted when tied or up. Not when down. Why stick with that approach when all it did was win a WS?

If Erstad or Cintron is on this team next year, I will not spend a single penny on MLB.

CLR01
08-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Could someone tell me where the post-game thread is?

Do you really want to see it?

Tragg
08-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Ozzie wasn't the one failing with RISP.
He's the one who took the bat out of the hand of the guy who got the biggest hit all night and gave the mariners an out in the process.

Mercy!
08-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Do you really want to see it?You're right. Okay, I'll play. I haven't liked Tang since I was a little kid. I love peaches, but the fresh kind blows away the canned ones you have in the cellar. One thing great about the cellar is how cool it can be in the summer. Of course, there's always the chance of flooding during heavy rains.

Which would you think more improbable - Richar getting that grand slam or Juan drawing two walks in the game? I'm happy for the kid, anyway. Too bad the outcome was the same ol' same ol'.

oeo
08-18-2007, 12:32 AM
\It's kind of silly to bunt a man into scoring position for Jerry Owens. I think Owens is a pathetic hitter in RBI situations.

Owens is a pathetic hitter, period. Putting him in scoring position increases the slim chances that we would actually score a run with Owens up to bat. I honestly think I'd rather see Brian Anderson up to bat with a man on base, and that's saying a lot because I think Anderson is crap too.

Nellie_Fox
08-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Cellars always smell damp and musty. Spiders abound.

chisoxfanatic
08-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Contreras is absolutely pathetic. I don't want Mr. 60-year-old anywhere near this pitching staff next year. Whenever he takes the mound, I KNOW we're going to lose!

itsnotrequired
08-18-2007, 12:36 AM

There was a cricket in our basement that took me two days to track down. He will chirp no more. Seven bells at 9:45 PM this evening.

oeo
08-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Contreras is absolutely pathetic. I don't want Mr. 60-year-old anywhere near this pitching staff next year. Whenever he takes the mound, I KNOW we're going to lose!

Take out that first inning, and he had a pretty good start. :dunno:

The error didn't help him, either, but I like what I saw. Hopefully the scouts liked what they saw as well. :D:

It's this piss poor offense that's the problem. One clutch hit today, whoopee. They've had plenty of opportunities to put more runs up than they have, and haven't done it. Just when you thought it was turning around, they go right back to garbage...I guess that was a fluke.

itsnotrequired
08-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Take out that first inning, and he had a pretty good start. :dunno:

The error didn't help him, either, but I like what I saw. Hopefully the scouts liked what they saw as well. :D:

It's this piss poor offense that's the problem. One clutch hit today, whoopee. They've had plenty of opportunities to put more runs up than they have, and haven't done it. Just when you thought it was turning around, they go right back to garbage...I guess that was a fluke.

I believe I heard Hawk say that Jose has the most unearned runs in the majors.

y2j2785
08-18-2007, 12:49 AM

I looked up stats on MLB.com and from what I can gather he has given up 12 unearned runs which is first in the Majors. Jason Marquis is right behind him with 11.

Tragg
08-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Tonight was statistically his best start in 2 months; but that's not saying much.

He didn't walk anyone; his K total was fair, but he's usually good for 8 or so when he's really on.
Maybe someone will bite.

itsnotrequired
I looked up stats on MLB.com and from what I can gather he has given up 12 unearned runs which is first in the Majors. Jason Marquis is right behind him with 11.

chicago rulz, lol!

Mercy!
Damp and musty = bad, yes. Spiders = good.

I always figure since they're strictly carnivores, they're on the job taking care of more odious creatures up to no good in my abode. They needs must simply follow my rules: only come out at night, and NEVER get near my bed.

Of course, I like snakes, too.

Nellie_Fox
08-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Damp and musty = bad, yes. Spiders = good.Of course, you're correct. I never kill a spider in my house, because they are taking care of other, much more aggravating, insects. That doesn't make a room full of webs any less creepy.

chisoxfanatic
08-18-2007, 12:55 AM

I always figure since they're strictly carnivores, they're on the job taking care of more odious creatures up to no good in my abode. They needs must simply follow my rules: only come out at night, and NEVER get near my bed.

Of course, I like snakes, too.
Until it meets Mr. Centipede who would kick its ass.

chisoxfanatic
08-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Of course, you're correct. I never kill a spider in my house, because they are taking care of other, much more aggravating, insects. That doesn't make a room full of webs any less creepy.
Did you know that spiders created the internet? They make more websites than humans ever can fathom making! :D:

Mercy!
08-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Until it meets Mr. Centipede who would kick its ass.Sweet mother of pearl, yes! All bets are off when I see one of those. They make my skin crawl.

WhiteSox5187
08-18-2007, 01:58 AM
For a long time I thought this team needed a hug...now I think it needs to be put down...Win or die trying!

Frater Perdurabo
08-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Which is, of course, all the fault of Erstad.

You're right. The Sox would be winless without their only .400 hitter. In fact, isn't hit aveage up to .450 now?

Brian26
08-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Cintron was totally overmatched in that last AB. Frankly, there wasn't anyone on the bench that Ozzie could have gone to.....

I was falling asleep towards the end, but I totally agree on both counts. Cintron was overmatched, but Ozzie's options off the bench (Hall, Gonzalez) weren't much better.

I turned on Rongey's postgame show on the radio. I've never heard him so ornery. He was hanging up on every caller.

Brian26
08-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Luckily, I didn't see the game. On the bright side, Richar got the first of hopefully many homers, and Contreras was merely crappy, instead of horrible. If he could progress from crappy to bad and then bad to mediocre in his next two starts, we might be able to move him this month.

It was entertaining to listen to Hawk try to sell Contreras. Does he think scouts are watching around the league? He kept talking about Contreras having a fastball 92-96mph tonight, and he was only getting beat on his fork ball.

Brian26
08-18-2007, 07:44 AM

What about house caterpillars?

Brian26
08-18-2007, 07:48 AM

This is the age-old debate that happens all the time here. I'm in your camp. Down by a run with three outs remaining, I hate the idea of giving up 33% of your outs to move a guy over one base. In a tie game or with the lead, different story.

I was thrilled when Ausmus bunted in the bottom of the 9th of Game 4.

Rounding_Third
08-18-2007, 07:55 AM
I looked up stats on MLB.com and from what I can gather he has given up 12 unearned runs which is first in the Majors.

Yes, but how many of those are from Jose's own errors?

russ99
08-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Until it meets Mr. Centipede who would kick its ass.

And that's what Mr. Cat is for! :D:

MCHSoxFan
08-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Yes.

DrewSox56
08-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, glad I sat out last night's game and had a nice night out with the wife.

From the look of things, sounds like it was a re-run (sans Richar).

Tragg
08-18-2007, 08:58 AM
I was falling asleep towards the end, but I totally agree on both counts. Cintron was overmatched, but Ozzie's options off the bench (Hall, Gonzalez) weren't much better.
Ozzie doesn't pinch hit for Cintron....Cintron does the pinch-hitting and is the backup DH on this team. Cintron was used as a PH and DH, when the bench options were better. Last night, it was Ozzie's decision to have Cintron replace Thome. (yea, as a PR, but with a more than reasonable chance that spot would come up in the 9th;).

I, too, was ecstatic when Garner threw away his outs. I don't understand the philosophical change from bunting late in a tie game when you only need 1 run, to bunting when down in a game. It's gotten so strange that Ozzie now bunts his FIVE hole hitter, to leave the game in the hands of 2 of his veteran hackers (he did that the other night).

Can we get Sweeney and Bougerois up here? They need the ML experience and can't be any worse than the rest of these hitters.

Was Contreras really that bad? I didn't see the game, but except for the 1st inning homer, the Mariners scored all of their runs on junk - they play sort of how we played in 2005 -bunting when AHEAD to tack on a couple. The Mariners, one of his suitors, I guess got to find out first hand. We'll see. I think we can move him.

kitekrazy
08-18-2007, 02:09 PM

I was wondering why everyone was so upset. I looked at who was starting, didn't watch the game because I assumed it would be a loss especially against a team that is hot right now.

Nellie_Fox
08-19-2007, 12:27 AM
You're right. The Sox would be winless without their only .400 hitter. In fact, isn't hit aveage up to .450 now?Is anyone on the Sox hitting even .270? But, you're right, it's all Erstad. This board always has to find a designated whipping boy, and this year it's been Erstad.

Brian26
08-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Is anyone on the Sox hitting even .270? But, you're right, it's all Erstad. This board always has to find a designated whipping boy, and this year it's been Erstad.

:thechoice

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2007, 12:49 AM
:thechoice

The Choice would be an upgrade at this point over a certain someone.

cbotnyse
08-19-2007, 02:28 AM
Jenks has to be really annoyed right now.