PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Alexander

PaleHoseGeorge
04-07-2002, 03:25 PM
If I have to listen to this Blue Cross commercial every half-inning for the next six months, I'm going to throw up!!!!

:cool:

MarqSox
04-07-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
If I have to listen to this Blue Cross commercial every half-inning for the next six months, I'm going to throw up!!!!

LOL! I was just thinking the same thing. I love how she says she feels "good" about saving the lives of 100,000 kids. And here I thought she was pissed about all those saved lives.

harwar
04-08-2002, 11:32 AM
"do you love ur baby mama?" Man-O-Man,i want to hunt her down and gag the %$#&@ !

Cheryl
04-08-2002, 11:42 AM
Glad I've missed this so far. I got really, really sick of the guy who had a baby with jaundice and he ended up paying for the phone calls he made from the hospital. While I can understand being concerned, about a quarter of all newborns are jaundiced, and if the docotr didn't tell the new parenst that the doctor should be strung up.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-08-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Glad I've missed this so far. I got really, really sick of the guy who had a baby with jaundice and he ended up paying for the phone calls he made from the hospital. While I can understand being concerned, about a quarter of all newborns are jaundiced, and if the docotr didn't tell the new parenst that the doctor should be strung up.

Yeah, pretty much all the Blue Cross commercials suck. I wonder if they realize their advertising dollars are being spent to piss off their target audience?

The MGD commercials are just as bad. I'm already sick of the "Live from Atlantis" guitar reverbs. I swear I will never drink that beer.

"I'll have a Becks, please."
:gulp:

Cheryl
04-08-2002, 12:53 PM

Yeah, pretty much all the Blue Cross commercials suck. I wonder if they realize their advertising dollars are being spent to piss off their target audience?

You're right. I have Blue Cross insurance. Why should I have to listen to this crap?

Foulke You
04-08-2002, 01:56 PM
I'm quite tired of the Dodge Caravan spot on the TV broadcasts. If I hear "I can't believe my Dad let you drive the Viper!" one more time, I'm going to puke.

The Blue Cross "has taken care of everything" commercials on the radio are very annoying but I've about had it with the "How about I shove the cueball up your left eye" Will Farrell Miller Lite commercial. It wasn't funny the 1st time and after the 61st time you want to shove a cueball up the left eye of the marketing firm that made the ad.

As long as I can remember the Sox take 5 ads and then they cycle the same ones all year long. Remember the Bob Rooooohhhhrrman! dealership and the jewelry store ads from the Sportschannel days? It's part of being a Sox fan I guess...

PHG- I'll take MGD over Becks. The commercial is annoying though.

Cheryl
04-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Will Farrell.

In a word...

:chunks

FarmerAndy
04-08-2002, 03:59 PM

AMEN!!! This is the only things that bugs the s**t during the baseball season. I know these are the sponsors that make the radio broadcast possible, but hearing the same commercials during every break for the whole 162 game season is enough to make me lose my mind.

All last year, whenever I tried to close my eyes and go to sleep, all I could hear was a voice telling me that "Today a new solar powered energy has emerged that is changing the shape of the electrical industry......"

KingXerxes
04-08-2002, 04:07 PM
I don't know which is more annoying, those Will Farrell commercials or the "one trick pony" with the gravelly vioce who does the Mitsubishi commercials.

Mathew
04-08-2002, 04:15 PM
That's a shame... we have universal heath care in Canada and our beer commercials are pretty much the best things on T.V. :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
04-08-2002, 04:22 PM
How about the ads for Heavenly Bodies on the Score? They've been running those non-stop and unchanged for about 99 years.

"Gentlemen, tired of the cold shoulder...?" etc. etc. Or whatever it is; thankfully I've forgotten the entirety of it. Now those are bad ads.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-08-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
That's a shame... we have universal heath care in Canada and our beer commercials are pretty much the best things on T.V.

"The Canadian shoots.... AND SCORES!!!!"

:)

Nellsin
04-09-2002, 01:15 PM
Hard to say if Farell is more annoying than that Miller guy who went on and on about the proud and beery masculinity of baldness, concrete, taking out the garbage and I forget what else -- yecch.

On the repetitiveness of all these ads, I read somewhere that it's because the marketers don't believe that anyone listens/watches for several hours straight; they assume you just tune in for a while so they have to hit you while you're there. Geniuses.

Cheryl
04-09-2002, 01:38 PM
Hard to say if Farell is more annoying than that Miller guy who went on and on about the proud and beery masculinity of baldness, concrete, taking out the garbage and I forget what else -- yecch.

That guy's voice sounds like my dad--not that my dad goes on and on about baldness or concrete. It's just pretty easy for me to tune it out.

Cheryl
04-09-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Nellsin
On the repetitiveness of all these ads, I read somewhere that it's because the marketers don't believe that anyone listens/watches for several hours straight; they assume you just tune in for a while so they have to hit you while you're there. Geniuses.

They think we don't watch/listen to the entire 9 innings?

What a bunch of maroons.

ode to veeck
04-09-2002, 01:42 PM
" ... from the land of sky blue wa-ah-ters"

possible hint: we used to add salt to make it palatable (local remedy)

Cheryl
04-09-2002, 01:44 PM
Hamm's.

Nellsin
04-09-2002, 01:44 PM
"Hamms, the beer refreshing . . ."

ode to veeck
04-09-2002, 01:49 PM
two winners

Nellsin
04-09-2002, 01:53 PM
Just don't award me a Hamm's.

Crestani
04-09-2002, 02:55 PM
Gallas is killing any chance the Sox may have had in bringing fans out to the park by repeatedly showing that alwful commercial over Manuel's voice talking about "Is it time"? Are we going to win the World Series"? I don't know, but whoever it is, The Yankees, The Indians, or the A's, well they better bring their 'A" game, that's all I have to say".

Well, I say I haven't seen the Sox 'A' game yet except the blowout against KC and they weren't the Yankees, Indians, or the A's.