PDA

View Full Version : PDCs

bahn1225
08-17-2007, 08:29 PM
There are many Player Development Contracts available this year between MLB and minor league franchises this year.

Would you like to see the White Sox have a presence in the Midwest League again?
I know I would.
All of the Sox teams are back East and none play around here.
Incidentally, the majority of the PDCs in the Midwest League are available this year.

Personal Note: I remember attending a Wednesday night game in Burlington Iowa ten (10) years ago.
There was a small crowd and I struck up a conversation with a guy who was intently watching the game.
We talked SOX baseball for several innings.
His name was Kenny Williams.
I bet these days it's more difficult to shoot the breeze with him at a game.:smile:

champagne030
08-17-2007, 09:13 PM
As nice as it would be to see a Sox team around here, I'd rather have our low-A team play in a warmer climate early in the season.

StillMissOzzie
08-17-2007, 09:36 PM
It wasn't all that long ago that the Burlington Bees beat the Kane County Cougars to win the MWL championship, as a White Sox affiliate. The Sox were also in the MWL when they were the South Bend Silverhawks, IIRC.
Yeah, I'd love to have the Sox represening the MWL again, since I usually go to 5-7 KCC games a year.

SMO

thepaulbowski
08-21-2007, 03:34 PM
It wasn't all that long ago that the Burlington Bees beat the Kane County Cougars to win the MWL championship, as a White Sox affiliate. The Sox were also in the MWL when they were the South Bend Silverhawks, IIRC.
Yeah, I'd love to have the Sox represening the MWL again, since I usually go to 5-7 KCC games a year.

SMO

Actually it was the South Bend White Sox. Once they became a Diamondbacks affiliate, they changed to the Silverhawks.