PDA

View Full Version : Sox Box

It's Dankerific
08-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Just got a box from the White Sox. Bunch of promotional items from the season. Last year this box came after the season, this time in August. Any one know the deal?

chisoxfanatic
08-16-2007, 01:21 PM
They are probably used to sending out playoff invoices at about this time; but, with their play, can't even fathom doing that, so they went with this instead. Also, I bet it's an attempt at retaining more season ticket holders. :tongue:

It's Dankerific
08-16-2007, 01:24 PM
good point. like, "remember all the cool stuff you get". ;)

Steelrod
08-16-2007, 01:26 PM
All in all, the Sox have been pretty good to season ticketholders.

It's Dankerific
08-16-2007, 01:41 PM
All in all, the Sox have been pretty good to season ticketholders.

Excluding the product on the field, I would definitely agree.

BainesHOF
08-16-2007, 01:58 PM
I received the box last week and was a bit confused. It was nice to receive the promotional items, but season-ticket holders are supposed to receive all the giveaways of the season. Why would the Sox send a box now containing only some of the giveaways?

eriqjaffe
08-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Last year this box came after the season, this time in August. Any one know the deal?It's the front office's subtle concession that this season is over.

pdimas
08-16-2007, 02:00 PM
i think someone mentioned that it was an effort to cut costs. So half now and half later. In other words sending them all at once was too expensive last year.

It's Dankerific
08-16-2007, 02:07 PM
how can paying postage 2x be cheaper????

i think someone mentioned that it was an effort to cut costs. So half now and half later. In other words sending them all at once was too expensive last year.

IlliniSox4Life
08-16-2007, 02:15 PM
how can paying postage 2x be cheaper????

It might have been the extra man hours that took to get however many packages together. Instead of hiring temps to help them, they could just have their regular employees that they are paying anyway do it two times (when they might not have the extra time to do it all at once, and thus having to hire temps).

It's just a guess though, I have no idea how they do it or if saving money is even the reason.

jabrch
08-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Is it me, or is the box a bit thinner this year in terms of giveaways than it has been in the past?

Last year I got like a halfdozen hats, and tons of other stuff....This year it felt....skinny

itsnotrequired
08-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Is it me, or is the box a bit thinner this year in terms of giveaways than it has been in the past?

Last year I got like a halfdozen hats, and tons of other stuff....This year it felt....skinny

Last year's box was sent at the end of the season. We still got another few weeks of promos coming up. I'm guessing they will send another box.

My box was full of game worn jerseys and autographed balls. One of Ozzie's kids was in there too, I don't know which one.

Nellie_Fox
08-17-2007, 12:53 AM
One of Ozzie's kids was in there too, I don't know which one.Are they going to pay to feed him? If not, that may not work out to be too good of a deal.

RoobarbPie
08-17-2007, 07:20 AM
One of Ozzie's kids was in there too, I don't know which one.

I hope your next box doesn't contain Brian Anderson.

Steelrod
08-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I received the box last week and was a bit confused. It was nice to receive the promotional items, but season-ticket holders are supposed to receive all the giveaways of the season. Why would the Sox send a box now containing only some of the giveaways?
I don't think we're "supposed to" get all the giveaways. It is just a nice gesture by the Sox, I think.

itsnotrequired
08-17-2007, 08:26 AM
I don't think we're "supposed to" get all the giveaways. It is just a nice gesture by the Sox, I think.

I believe I got every item last year, including the replica WS ring and trophy.

Steelrod
08-17-2007, 08:41 AM
I did also, but frankly don't remember if it was promised to me, or just a gift.

itsnotrequired
08-17-2007, 08:57 AM
I did also, but frankly don't remember if it was promised to me, or just a gift.

"Promotional items mailed to you" is a perk for being a season ticket holder. However, I do not believe that it is anywhere specifically explained as to what this means. All promotional items? Just some of them? Mailed all at once? Mailed at different times?

In any event, I think it's cool that they mail the stuff out. Stopping tailgating just to go get a promo item is a drag.:D:

Steelrod
08-17-2007, 09:19 AM
"Promotional items mailed to you" is a perk for being a season ticket holder. However, I do not believe that it is anywhere specifically explained as to what this means. All promotional items? Just some of them? Mailed all at once? Mailed at different times?

In any event, I think it's cool that they mail the stuff out. Stopping tailgating just to go get a promo item is a drag.:D:
I agree with you. I get most of them at the gate, but surprise boxes help me spread it out among my kids. If they didn't mail out promos would not affect my loyalty, as I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years. That being said, I like getting them!

itsnotrequired
08-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Are they going to pay to feed him? If not, that may not work out to be too good of a deal.

If I feed him, he'll never leave.

Chips
08-17-2007, 10:09 AM
I believe I got every item last year, including the replica WS ring and trophy.

I know Duder and I got everything last year. We split it up. I know I got the ring & trophy on account that I missed those games. I also snagged the kid's jersey and I think a poster. I kept the ring. I gave away the other items and sold the trophy on eBay.

MCHSoxFan
08-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I am guessing this is ONLY for Full Season Tickets Holders? I have a 27-game plan. I say this because it says that promo items will be sent to you as a perk of being an Full Season Holder.

LINK:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/ticket_plans.jsp?loc=benefits

Look at the second perk for Full Season plans.

jenn2080
08-17-2007, 11:01 AM
I would like to get my damn Buehrle poster already. ****ing DHL.

WhiteSox5187
08-17-2007, 11:14 AM
I gotta say, I love the way the Sox treat season ticket holders. I got a call from a guy from the Sox who asked me (the tickets are in my mom's name, but she was not at home) "How are you enjoying the season?" I laughed and said "Are you serious?" He sighed and said "Yea, I know." And we had a nice chat about the state of the Sox and certain players on the team. I was glad to see that they weren't trying to sugar coat it, the guy sounded like a fan.