PDA

View Full Version : Rays sign Price

jabrch
08-15-2007, 06:01 PM
The Price is Right!

8.5mm guaranteed
up to 11.25

2nd largest bonus ever in the MLB draft.

UserNameBlank
08-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Good for the Rays! It's nice to see they took the consensus #1 and signed him, just like they should. Hopefully in a couple of years he is up there helping.

BTW, I like what the new ownership is doing over there. They've made some nice moves recently and hopefully the future is a bit brighter for them. That said, they need to dump that trash Elijah Dukes and do whatever is necessary to change the team colors and those hideous uniforms. A new stadium would be nice too since that place is a dump, but that will probably never happen so long as they are in Florida.

soxfanreggie
08-15-2007, 08:30 PM
The D'Rays have some of the best young talent in baseball every year (comes with usually having a top 3 draft pick year in and year out). However, they won't ever be a contender, especially in the rich AL East unless they spend more money on FAs. Yes, they tried getting guys like Alvarez, Canseco, Vaughn many year ago, and paid dearly for it, but they should try getting a couple good guys again. Kazmir, Crawford (approaching 30), Young, and Upton won't be young guns forever. I was actaully disappointed for them that Baldelli has been injured. However, ultimately, they need to get some upper-level veteran FA pitchers (starters and reliever) to succeed.

soxfanreggie
08-15-2007, 09:02 PM
I was surprised to see that 3 of the top 5 picks haven't signed.

Mike Moustakas-#2-Royals
Josh Vitters-#3-Cubs
Matt Wieters-#5-Orioles

Have to sign by midnight tonight.