PDA

View Full Version : Flubbie gamethread (I tried to hide it)

HomeFish
08-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Clutch walk by Kendall in the bottom of the 9th just now.

soxinem1
08-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Clutch walk by Kendall in the bottom of the 9th just now.

Even better out to end the game. Too bad MIL does not get it.

whitesoxfan
08-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Even better out to end the game. Too bad MIL does not get it.

What a sorry ass division.

voodoochile
08-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey, Fish, you want to talk about your love for all things flubbies, at least have the guts to start a new game thread, don't try to hide it in a thread that's been dead for the past three weeks.

Edit: Okay, I was curious, what was so amazing about this walk Kendall took in the ninth, so I went and checked out the box score. I noticed he walked with two outs and no one on. Gosh darn I though, maybe he was down 0-2 and worked the count full fouling off a dozen pitches in the process, so I went one step further and checked out the pitch by pitch description and was simply stunned to see that Kendall saw a whopping 5 pitches in this amazing walk at bat and never even swung the bat because he took three balls, then took a strike then took ball 4. And WOW the flubbies still lost. I feel cheated, fish. I feel violated. I haven't looked at a flubbie box score in years unless there was something amazing that happened and here you are bringing threads back from the dead to celebrate something that was really pretty freaking mediocre and had no bearing on the end result of the game. Why don't you just admit you're a flubs fan and get on with your life...

HomeFish
08-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Edit: Okay, I was curious, what was so amazing about this walk Kendall took in the ninth, so I went and checked out the box score. I noticed he walked with two outs and no one on. Gosh darn I though, maybe he was down 0-2 and worked the count full fouling off a dozen pitches in the process, so I went one step further and checked out the pitch by pitch description and was simply stunned to see that Kendall saw a whopping 5 pitches in this amazing walk at bat and never even swung the bat because he took three balls, then took a strike then took ball 4. And WOW the flubbies still lost. I feel cheated, fish. I feel violated. I haven't looked at a flubbie box score in years unless there was something amazing that happened and here you are bringing threads back from the dead to celebrate something that was really pretty freaking mediocre and had no bearing on the end result of the game. Why don't you just admit you're a flubs fan and get on with your life...

Don't forget that the mighty Theriot was also on deck. So I was very clearly not being ironic, right?

In any event, it was the two posters after me who turned this into a gamethread. I just wanted to comment on what Jason Kendall brings to the field.

voodoochile
08-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Don't forget that the mighty Theriot was also on deck. So I was very clearly not being ironic, right?

In any event, it was the two posters after me who turned this into a gamethread. I just wanted to comment on what Jason Kendall brings to the field.

Try teal next time and please don't bring back dead threads...

WhiteSox5187
08-14-2007, 11:13 PM

Which is...?

HomeFish
08-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Which is...?

A profound question to ponder.

DrewSox56
08-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Body armor. Always.

slavko
08-14-2007, 11:31 PM
A Heartbreaking Cubs Loss is god's natural order. The world is whole again.

JB98
08-15-2007, 12:38 AM

Which is next to nothing.

Cubs suck, go Cardinals.

TDog
08-15-2007, 01:12 AM
... I just wanted to comment on what Jason Kendall brings to the field.

I was listening to the A's announcers tonight, and they talked about how no one brings more batting gloves to the field than Jason Kendall.

WhiteSox5187
08-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Which is next to nothing.

Cubs suck, go Cardinals.
Ya know, I think that they might actually be able to pull this thing out. I think the Cards could come out of nowhere and win the damned thing.

ode to veeck
08-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Me thinks Thucydides was talking about Flubbies Fans. I always preferred Herodetus myself.

HomeFish
08-15-2007, 02:33 AM
I always preferred Herodetus myself.

We can never be friends. :(:

Mr.1Dog
08-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Ya know, I think that they might actually be able to pull this thing out. I think the Cards could come out of nowhere and win the damned thing.

I bet my friend who is a die hard Flubs fan $20 that the Cards are going to win the division. He gave me 5-1 odds.:rolleyes: He said it's going to be the Cubs and will give me $10 if the Brewers win. Advantage: 1 Dog:cool:

russ99
08-15-2007, 08:57 AM
A Heartbreaking Cubs Loss is god's natural order. The world is whole again.

Which makes up for that horrible "God (in cubs script) loves the Cubbies" sign I saw tonight. Eauggh!! :puking:

Still, my favorite humorous anti-Cub moment for a while will be the looks on all the fans faces and associated histrionics when that Red outfielder hauled in that almost-homer to end the game. :D::D:

Hey, the Astros are only 8 out - and the way the Brewers and sChlUBbS are playing, even they have a chance...

PatK
08-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Which makes up for that horrible "God (in cubs script) loves the Cubbies" sign I saw tonight. Eauggh!! :puking:

Maybe he loves them in a Job like way, but without all the death.

russ99
08-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Maybe he loves them in a Job like way, but without all the death.

:D:

Mickster
08-15-2007, 02:36 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_116974.jpg = http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e259/CodeM007/GeicoCaveman.jpg