PDA

View Full Version : Chasing October Interview

alohafri
08-14-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't know why I do this to myself, but am I the only one who read the interview with the bonehead who made the "movie" about the Cubs attempting to win the World Series in 2003? It was in the Tempo of today's (Tuesday's) Cubune. I don't know how to put a link in here to the story, but I will paraphrase one of his quotes from this piece of crap. When asked about which rivalry was better, Cardinals or White Sox, he said...It is Cubs-Cardinals because that determines the World Series...(direct quote here) "The White Sox are more like the annoying little brother down the street."

Do you mean the more successful little brother you piece of garbage! This is a guy who needs to be locked in a windowless room for a week with thousands of hungry mosquitoes!

WhiteSox5187
08-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Ah, so glad to see the Cubune trying to re-vive the great Cubgasm of '03...we'll be better than them in 2008. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it right now, in 2008 the Chicago White Sox are going to win the pennant. The Cubs will lose 90+.

HomeFish
08-15-2007, 12:25 AM
It is Cubs-Cardinals because that determines the World Series...

This is amusing, because didn't the Cardinals have a losing record against the Cubs the last two times they went to the World Series? So obviously the Cubs/Cards series did little to determine the World Series there...and obviously the Cubs doing well against the Cardinals hasn't effected the World Series in a long time.

As an example of its relevance, he picked a thing that said series has not determined pretty much ever.

slavko
08-15-2007, 12:37 AM
I saw that interview, good for some yuks, didn't want to start a thread on it. The celebration of failure, a neverending Cubbie theme. The author, from Chicago Heights, no less, photo of him looking like a typical subject of a Lee Elia rant. Advice:Don't pay to see the movie even if your life depends on it.

FielderJones
08-15-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't know how to put a link in here to the story,

I do (http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-0814dvdaug14,0,1838444.story).

What an annoying piece of crap. The guy sunk $100,000 of his own money to make a straight-to-DVD movie. Enjoy all those sales, buddy.

SOXPHILE
08-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh for God's sake ! Why in the hell is the Tribune running another story about some stupid, straight to DVD movie, that came out a couple of years ago ? They've talked about this thing on and off for the last couple of years. Didn't the White Sox winning the World Series in 2005 kinda sorta make this thing a moot point, and show even further what an idiot this guy is ? One more time Tribsters: 4 years ago, in 2003, the Cubs choked, and didn't win a damn thing. 2 years ago, the White Sox WON THE WORLD SERIES ! But hey, let's keep dredging up stuff about that "magical" 2003 season again and again ! This is becoming as ridiculous as Tribune and Cub fans obsession with the '69 Cubs.

kjhanson
08-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Come on, there was one awesome quote in the article:

"Liston claims he was visited in a dream by a 35-year-old Harry Caray (seated at a bar, of course) sporting a World Series ring.

Looking back, was that perchance a White Sox series ring?"

:gulp:

MarySwiss
08-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh for God's sake ! Why in the hell is the Tribune running another story about some stupid, straight to DVD movie, that came out a couple of years ago ? They've talked about this thing on and off for the last couple of years. Didn't the White Sox winning the World Series in 2005 kinda sorta make this thing a moot point, and show even further what an idiot this guy is ? One more time Tribsters: 4 years ago, in 2003, the Cubs choked, and didn't win a damn thing. 2 years ago, the White Sox WON THE WORLD SERIES ! But hey, let's keep dredging up stuff about that "magical" 2003 season again and again ! This is becoming as ridiculous as Tribune and Cub fans obsession with the '69 Cubs.

Because they're the Tribune, of course! And you are obviously focused; whenever some loser Cub fan even STARTS with me, my stock answer is "You guys have 2003, we have 2005. I'll take 2005."

Shuts them up every time.:D:

WhiteSox5187
08-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there not ONE filmmaker out there who happens to be a Sox fan? We really have one of the most loyal and intense fanbases out there (we're also really the last "neighborhood" team) and ya think someone would have been watching us in '05 and thought "Ohh, this would make for a good documentary." Richard Roeper??? Someone? Maybe someone here could get working on that!!!

TommyJohn
08-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there not ONE filmmaker out there who happens to be a Sox fan? We really have one of the most loyal and intense fanbases out there (we're also really the last "neighborhood" team) and ya think someone would have been watching us in '05 and thought "Ohh, this would make for a good documentary." Richard Roeper??? Someone? Maybe someone here could get working on that!!!

I am someone who wants to be a filmmaker, but lacks resources and talent.
I found myself wishing I had at least gone to bars during the 2005
postseason and recording the goings-on. I know some people did, I'm sure
something could be put together, no?

On second thought, let's not. That would be living in the past, and we all
know how guilty Sox fans are of that.

WhiteSox5187
08-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I am someone who wants to be a filmmaker, but lacks resources and talent.
I found myself wishing I had at least gone to bars during the 2005
postseason and recording the goings-on. I know some people did, I'm sure
something could be put together, no?

On second thought, let's not. That would be living in the past, and we all
know how guilty Sox fans are of that.
Well, how about we make a film cover in the 2008 World Champion Sox???

The Critic
08-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Because they're the Tribune, of course! And you are obviously focused; whenever some loser Cub fan even STARTS with me, my stock answer is "You guys have 2003, we have 2005. I'll take 2005."

Shuts them up every time.:D:

Here's one I've been using (good-naturedly) with my Cub fan friends and relatives:
"Fun in August is nice. Fun in October is better. You'll have to trust me on that."

Palehose Pete
08-18-2007, 10:54 PM
"Fun in August is nice. Fun in October is better. You'll have to trust me on that."

That's ****ing awesome. Thanks for the quote. I'll attribute it to you every time I drop it on a Cubs fan's head.