PDA

View Full Version : Tigers fans are as overreactive as us

kittle42
08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I was in Detroit the last two days listening to a lot of sports talk. Tigers fans were all over the slumping Tiggers, saying they are "done," and "out of it" despite being, I dunno, neck-and-neck with the Indians? They just assume the Tiggers will lose the next series against the Jndjuns and Yanks.

Sounds like what we'd hear around here if the Sox were tied for first and hadn't really blown a big lead at all...

soxfanatlanta
08-14-2007, 06:01 PM
I was in Detroit the last two days listening to a lot of sports talk. Tigers fans were all over the slumping Tiggers, saying they are "done," and "out of it" despite being, I dunno, neck-and-neck with the Indians? They just assume the Tiggers will lose the next series against the Jndjuns and Yanks.

Sounds like what we'd hear around here if the Sox were tied for first and hadn't really blown a big lead at all...

After getting swept by a team 10 games under .500, wouldn't you hit that big red button?
:redneck

UserNameBlank
08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
They could be right, but in the end I think the Tigers are still the best team in baseball. The best doesn't always win, but if I had to bet on any one team in the AL getting to the WS this year I'd bet on the Tigers.

UserNameBlank
08-14-2007, 06:05 PM
After getting swept by a team 10 games under .500, wouldn't you hit that big red button?
:redneck
We were playing pretty good baseball though. If our offense was a bit livelier in the first half and our bullpen didn't implode, we'd be right there with them if not ahead. I don't think there is any shame in the Tigers getting swept by the Sox. In contrast, there is a ton of shame in the Sox getting swept by the Flubs.

balke
08-14-2007, 06:33 PM
If the Sox could've gone on a small run now, they could be like 6 back. I'm disappointed in the last couple of losses. If the Sox could've won just two games this past week they'd be in single digits.

FloridaTigers
08-14-2007, 10:55 PM
No! Stop! Don't make the Tigers favorites! Don't make them the WS picks! The last time that happened... :(:

But they did lay the smackdown in Cleveland tonight =)