PDA

View Full Version : Soxcast

thomas35forever
08-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Who enjoys listening to this podcast? I subscribe to it and like what I get out of it.

bnlfanmatt
08-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Who enjoys listening to this podcast? I subscribe to it and like what I get out of it.

Subscribing now, I'll see how it is. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Critic
08-13-2007, 04:04 AM
I tried it for a few casts and I wasn't too crazy about the host.
Didn't keep my interest so I stopped downloading it.

itsnotrequired
08-14-2007, 08:25 AM
I've been listening to it since it first came out. It isn't any type of earth-shattering commentary but it is talk dedicated entirely to the White Sox, without commercials or annoying callers. They have audio clips and do nice music montages every once in a while. The one from the day before opening Day 2006 was awesome.

As far as I am aware, it is the only full-blown White Sox Podcast out there. SoxTalk had a really good one (much more in depth, lots of minor league stuff) but it was updated sporadicly. I'm not even sure if they are doing it anymore. There was another one from last year called South Side Hit Men or something like that. It was like listening to Mike North. Terrible but I still listened, almost out of comedy.

Soxheads
08-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I've been listening to it since it first came out. It isn't any type of earth-shattering commentary but it is talk dedicated entirely to the White Sox, without commercials or annoying callers. They have audio clips and do nice music montages every once in a while. The one from the day before opening Day 2006 was awesome.

As far as I am aware, it is the only full-blown White Sox Podcast out there. SoxTalk had a really good one (much more in depth, lots of minor league stuff) but it was updated sporadicly. I'm not even sure if they are doing it anymore. There was another one from last year called South Side Hit Men or something like that. It was like listening to Mike North. Terrible but I still listened, almost out of comedy.

We just posted two new episodes at ST, Jason's been better about it lately.

I kinda like Soxcast too, although I like two people better than one.

itsnotrequired
08-14-2007, 08:00 PM
We just posted two new episodes at ST, Jason's been better about it lately.

I kinda like Soxcast too, although I like two people better than one.

Is there a directory where all of them are stored? It used to be accessible as a true podcast (auto download, etc.) but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Soxheads
08-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Is there a directory where all of them are stored? It used to be accessible as a true podcast (auto download, etc.) but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Ehh, not at this time. There used to be, but I think when the board went thru the upgrade, he messed with some stuff on the server. Either way, the links are posted and pinned.

itsnotrequired
08-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Ehh, not at this time. There used to be, but I think when the board went thru the upgrade, he messed with some stuff on the server. Either way, the links are posted and pinned.

So these latest two are the only ones since April?