PDA

View Full Version : Who Scares you in the pen?


OEO Magglio
04-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Who Scares you the most when they come in from the bullpen?

Daver
04-06-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Who Scares you the most when they come in from the bullpen?

You forgot "All of the above" as an option.

DonkeyKongerko
04-06-2002, 09:56 PM
well its part of his job descrip. hes gonna be put into close games.

they call him the 2nd best closer in the AL but honestly every time he comes in it scares the s--- out of me.

OEO Magglio
04-06-2002, 10:02 PM
I didn't even wanna put foulke as a choice he's a great closer, and he's starting to turn things around. I think the bullpen is starting to right the ship.

duke of dorwood
04-06-2002, 10:21 PM
:nardi

When he walks in from the pen after watching the starter warm up

HawkDJ
04-06-2002, 10:24 PM
Here is how I see the bullpen just based on these 5 games
+ is good
= is ok
- is bad

+ Foulke- blown save but how can you doubt him
+ Osuna- has looked very good
= Howry- you may hate him but did a great job today
= Glover- one bad outing, one good outing
= Barcelo- Not great stats but somehow I feel ok about him
- Porzio- Walked in runs, that is a problem
- Marte- Only member of bullpen not coming off a good game

Procol Harum
04-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by daver


You forgot "All of the above" as an option.

Amen. :(:

doublem23
04-06-2002, 11:07 PM
How can you say Glover is Ok and Marte is bad? They've been about equal, IMO... whether that's bad or OK is debatable, but Glover hasn't been much better than Marte.

HawkDJ
04-06-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
How can you say Glover is Ok and Marte is bad? They've been about equal, IMO... whether that's bad or OK is debatable, but Glover hasn't been much better than Marte.

The difference is Glover is coming off a hitless inning while Marte has yet to see a good outing. Marte has the same ERA as Glover but only because Marte let in runs that didn't count on his ERA.

GASHWOUND
04-06-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Here is how I see the bullpen just based on these 5 games
+ is good
= is ok
- is bad

+ Foulke- blown save but how can you doubt him
+ Osuna- has looked very good
= Howry- you may hate him but did a great job today
= Glover- one bad outing, one good outing
= Barcelo- Not great stats but somehow I feel ok about him
- Porzio- Walked in runs, that is a problem
- Marte- Only member of bullpen not coming off a good game

i pretty much agree, but I'm gonna need more hat 5 games to make an assessment though.

danman31
04-06-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
= Howry- you may hate him but did a great job todayHe did a great job in a blowout with no pressure against a frustrated Royals offense. Not saying as much as if he were pitching in a tie game with 2 guys on in the 8th.

HawkDJ
04-06-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by danman31
He did a great job in a blowout with no pressure against a frustrated Royals offense. Not saying as much as if he were pitching in a tie game with 2 guys on in the 8th.

You guys, always finding a negative in a postive. He pitched good, ok? There is nothing more you could've asked from him. At least his confidence is up. Just get over it.

Spiff
04-07-2002, 07:47 AM
Bah how can you people say Howry.

You probably still want Lee traded.

RichieRichAllen
04-07-2002, 10:08 AM
Yep. I'd still like to see Lee traded. Assess needs after one month. If Lee is playing hot, trade for assessed needs. Of course, it would be nice after one month to be completely satisfied with the team's makeup and not want to change a thing.

What a dreamer, am I....

:cool:

Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
Bah how can you people say Howry.

You probably still want Lee traded.

WinningUgly!
04-07-2002, 11:21 AM
I get the same feeling seeing Howry come into a game as I do when I watch Jaws & the "Jaws theme" starts to play. You can always tell that someone is about to be killed.

Cheryl
04-08-2002, 08:14 AM
All of the above.

foulkesfan11
04-08-2002, 08:23 AM
I picked Osuna over Howry. Howry is scary, but he does have the occasional goog outing.

Mathew
04-08-2002, 02:51 PM
No one has less than 2 and it's pretty close, I think it's safe to say that everyone in the bullpen(including Nerdi Jacket Boy) scares the sh*t out of us...

Mathew
04-09-2002, 03:37 AM
Anyone who was getting sent to the minors by the first place Bucckos scares me a lot!