PDA

View Full Version : You have to feel bad for Miguel Asencio

HawkDJ
04-06-2002, 09:15 PM
In his first major league outing he gives up 16 straight balls. Even though it was runs for the Sox, you just have to feel for this guy. I know if I was him, it would take alot of talking to make me feel like I could pitch again at this level. I hope he returns and pitches well (unless it is a crucial part of a Sox game :smile: )

MarqSox
04-06-2002, 09:17 PM
Yeah even Buehrle said after the game the Sox dugout was wincing for him. You never wanna see a guy do that bad. Unless he's wearing a teddy bear on his sleeve. :smile:

sox_fan_forever
04-06-2002, 09:22 PM
I agree. I felt so bad for him I could hardly watch.

doublem23
04-06-2002, 09:31 PM
After four straight balls, it's barely comical...
After eight straight balls, it's laughable...
After twelve straight balls, it's hilarious...
After sixteen straight balls, it's painful...

That was pretty bad. I feel bad for the guy, but its not like that run came back to haunt him anyway.

Sox win, so who cares??? :smile:

duke of dorwood
04-06-2002, 10:11 PM
Thats the worst debut I ever saw. But didn't both Robin Ventura and Ryne Sandberg have maybe 1 for 30 starts? So he can take comfort from that.

Bucktown
04-06-2002, 10:46 PM
I haven't seen an inning that poorly pitched since Wednesday.

voodoochile
04-06-2002, 10:48 PM
That's the kind of first appearance that can wreak havoc on a young pitcher's psyche. It may take him a while before he is ready to go back out there...

Jjav829
04-06-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That's the kind of first appearance that can wreak havoc on a young pitcher's psyche. It may take him a while before he is ready to go back out there...

Yeah I hope he can get over it for his sake. Having to think about that, and then go home and see Sportscenter show every ball you threw must be hard.

Procol Harum
04-06-2002, 11:02 PM
That was one of the most brutal things to come down the pike. If it was an established pitcher (not on the Sox!) it would have been a real kneeslapper. But as a kid like that, it was painful. Still, I was able to use it as an object lesson for my 10 year old son for the upcoming Little League season--no matter how bad he might do in a particular outing, there's a lot of other guys who have gone through worse....

WinningUgly!
04-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
That was one of the most brutal things to come down the pike. If it was an established pitcher (not on the Sox!) it would have been a real kneeslapper.

If it was somebody like John Rocker, they would have been digging through the record books & putting stuff up on the screen. :D:

GASHWOUND
04-06-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
After four straight balls, it's barely comical...
After eight straight balls, it's laughable...
After twelve straight balls, it's hilarious...
After sixteen straight balls, it's painful...

That was pretty bad. I feel bad for the guy, but its not like that run came back to haunt him anyway.

Sox win, so who cares??? :smile:

Actually, I kind of enjoyed it. even the guy who replaced him walked the nexy guy, which was amazin. I love freakin games like this. And like you said, Sox win...so who cares :gulp:

CubKilla
04-07-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Yeah even Buehrle said after the game the Sox dugout was wincing for him. You never wanna see a guy do that bad. Unless he's wearing a teddy bear on his sleeve. :smile:

Yeah. The ONLY way I don't feel a modicum of sorrow for a pitcher that throws 16 straight balls is if he's wearing Cubbie Blew!

RichH55
04-08-2002, 02:52 AM
I felt like Jesus Pena was back on the mound....but honestly I do hope the kid rebounds

Mathew
04-08-2002, 02:54 AM
I'd be checking the transactions, I don't think he'll be there long. But hey Sean Lowe pulled his head from his posterior last year after that game he threw 12, He'd 'ave thrown more if they'd let him too.