PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Seattle

NDSox12
08-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Anyone making the trip to Seattle next weekend? I will be there for the game next Saturday night. In fact, I actually have an extra ticket if anyone is interested.

I'm almost done with a six year tour of all 30 MLB parks. I only have four parks left, one of them being Seattle. By the end of this month, I will have been to all 30. I will also see the Sox play in Texas at the end of this month. I will be putting together a full web page of photos, scorecards, tickets and such from my trips when I'm done, which I will be sure to share with all of you.

Anyway, I am making the trip out to Seattle to see the Sox play next weekend. If there are any Seattle residents or frequent visitors, I would appreciate tips on what I should see and do in my brief stay there.

I would love to meet up with other Sox fans who might be going to the game. As I said, I do have a ticket available (first row of the left field bleachers), which I would gladly give away to a fellow Sox fan free of charge. PM me if interested.

chisoxfanatic
08-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Check out my "Things to do in Seattle" thread in the Parking Lot for ideas of things to do. I'll be just missing them, as I leave here the day they get in town. Hopefully they are able to sweep the series next weekend.

Law11
08-14-2007, 12:12 PM
If anyone is going out there Friday I have a special request.
My 1st child is being born on Friday or Saturday depending on how long the labor goes.. and I would love to get a ticket stub
of the game to have a picture taken with her on the birth announcement.

Please let me know if you know of anyone interested in helping a fellow WSI member out.

thanks

NDSox12
08-14-2007, 08:11 PM
My 1st child is being born on Friday or Saturday depending on how long the labor goes.. and I would love to get a ticket stub

Please let me know if you know of anyone interested in helping a fellow WSI member out.

thanks

I won't be there Friday, but if Saturday turns out to be the lucky day, just give me a shout and I'll gladly send you my ticket.

Congrats!

Law11
08-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks I'll let you know..

Trav
08-14-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm going with my dad. I'd be happy to save my stub. I think we are going to all the games.

goofymsfan
08-15-2007, 09:41 PM

thanks

I'm an M's season ticket holder and can send you my ticket stub from either game. Just let me know which one you will need.

chisoxfanatic
08-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Anyway, I am making the trip out to Seattle to see the Sox play next weekend. If there are any Seattle residents or frequent visitors, I would appreciate tips on what I should see and do in my brief stay there.

Seattle is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely try out the Underground Tour (which is about a mile north of Safeco Field), as well as go to the Experience Music Project (I went absolutely nuts over the nice grunge rock exhibit--that's basically all I listened to growing up).

NDSox12
08-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Seattle is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely try out the Underground Tour (which is about a mile north of Safeco Field), as well as go to the Experience Music Project (I went absolutely nuts over the nice grunge rock exhibit--that's basically all I listened to growing up).

Thanks for the tips. Looks like it is going to be about 25 degrees cooler in Seattle than it has been lately here near DC, so I better plan accordingly.

chisoxfanatic
08-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the tips. Looks like it is going to be about 25 degrees cooler in Seattle than it has been lately here near DC, so I better plan accordingly.

Yep. It didn't get above 65 here today. Pretty strange, considering what we've had in Chicago. You might want to bring a jacket to the games you're planning on attending.

If you're planning on renting a car, be ready for the extremely steep roads. A bunch of the east-west roads are like that, as well as suburban roads.

Enjoy! And, hopefully the Good Guys are able to pull off some wins for you.