PDA

View Full Version : Scout Seat or Jim Beam Club

MCHSoxFan
08-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Now that the Sox have multiple premium seats (Not including the skyboxes), I was just wondering what people here prefer. If you have every sat in BOTH locations, say what you prefer. I have sat in both. I prefer the Scout because you can really feel the game. You do not have to sit in the front row to do so. I have always sat in row 5, except once I sat in row 1, and I could hear the players, the ball hitting the mit, the ball hitting the wood of the bat, and seeing Ozzie and the boys have fun in the dugout. The best thing about the Jim Beam Club is there are televisions in the seating area so you can see the replays. However, it is NOT worth the extra money, in my opinion.

THANKS FOR RESPONDING!!! :D:

miker
08-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I prefer seats I can afford. :D:

MCHSoxFan
08-11-2007, 11:36 AM
I prefer seats I can afford. :D:

I have ONLY paid for the ticket when I went to the JBC. I am friends with some people in the Sox clubhouse so I get the Scout Seats. I used to get ticket in row 1 of section 129. However, in 2005 when the Scout Seats were made, I got those.

HomeFish
08-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I have ONLY paid for the ticket when I went to the JBC. I am friends with some people in the Sox clubhouse so I get the Scout Seats. I used to get ticket in row 1 of section 129. However, in 2005 when the Scout Seats were made, I got those.

Do you own a yellow M&M jacket by any chance?

Harry Potter
08-11-2007, 02:10 PM
I prefer the view from the Scout Seats better.

cbone
08-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Sec 535 Row 13 seat 12. I was fortunate enough to sit in scout seats once. The big problem I had is that no one was watching the game. You are passing food the entire game because everyone is trying to chow down because it's free. The view is great but they're arent a lot of baseball fans down there.

nedlug
08-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Going to digress a bit, but I don't think you can beat the view in the first row of the upper deck from behind home plate. IMO, the view is better than even the Scout Seats, but the experience is not.

Sargeant79
08-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Agreed. Those are some of my favorite seats in the park. Had them twice this year so far. Although, I've never sat in the scout seats or the Jim Beam club, so I can't really compare.

soxfan80
08-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I enjoyed the scout seats. I was able to cath a lot of the game, even with people passing food.
The view is OK from the jim beam club(i didnt sit there for a game, just at the grinder bash)

MCHSoxFan
08-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Sec 535 Row 13 seat 12. I was fortunate enough to sit in scout seats once. The big problem I had is that no one was watching the game. You are passing food the entire game because everyone is trying to chow down because it's free. The view is great but they're arent a lot of baseball fans down there.

Yes. That is exactly what I HATE!!! All people care about is the food, yes, because it is free, and trying to talk to Ozzie/Players when they have no clue what is even happening in the dang game. Also, the people who sit in the front row are ALWAYS waving to people and talking on their dang cell phone. I JUST GET SO MAD!!!! :angry::angry: However, I still ENJOY in in the seats. Oh, by the way, you got one of the best seats in the park. UPPER DECK AREOUND/BEHIND THE PLATE!!! :D:

MCHSoxFan
08-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Agreed. Those are some of my favorite seats in the park. Had them twice this year so far. Although, I've never sat in the scout seats or the Jim Beam club, so I can't really compare.

I do not get it? If you like the seats and you had them twice, why do you say, "I've never sat in the Scout Seats or the Jim Beam Club?"

dakuda
08-11-2007, 11:08 PM
I do not get it? If you like the seats and you had them twice, why do you say, "I've never sat in the Scout Seats or the Jim Beam Club?"

I think he was referring to the UD seats right behind home plate, mentioned in the post prior to his.

Dibbs
08-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Upper deck behind home plate the best seats in the house lol! Although they are not bad, they are far from the best seats in the house!:smile:

chaerulez
08-12-2007, 10:31 AM
To be fair, some of these people, it might be the only time they get to sit in the scout seats. So eating as much food as possible is just a way of making sure they've spend their money well and maximizing their experience.

nedlug
08-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Upper deck behind home plate the best seats in the house lol! Although they are not bad, they are far from the best seats in the house!:smile:

Actually, I stand by my statement. You don't have folks in front of you, and you get to see the whole field, complete with the shifting defense, with some semblance of depth perception. Being really close to the players isn't as big of a deal as being able to see the whole field of play.

To each his own.

To be fair, some of these people, it might be the only time they get to sit in the scout seats. So eating as much food as possible is just a way of making sure they've spend their money well and maximizing their experience.

The Scout Seats 'experience' is better... free food, hearing the players interact, etc. However, the view of the game isn't as great as from up above.

Sargeant79
08-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Dakuda was right. Hit post reply instead of quote. My bad.

DannyCaterFan
08-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Actually, I stand by my statement. You don't have folks in front of you, and you get to see the whole field, complete with the shifting defense, with some semblance of depth perception. Being really close to the players isn't as big of a deal as being able to see the whole field of play.

To each his own.

The Scout Seats 'experience' is better... free food, hearing the players interact, etc. However, the view of the game isn't as great as from up above.

I agree with much of what you say about those seats behing home plate in the upper deck. I am in section 530, row 4 and love the view, but i know it can't compare to sitting behind the dugout or closer to the field. If only those upper deck seats were not seperated by two rows of suites.

chisoxmike
08-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I can't believe there is a debate on which $250 ticket is better.

peeonwrigley
08-13-2007, 06:00 PM
I can't believe there is a debate on which $250 ticket is better.

The info could be useful if someone was wanting to splurge on one game, I suppose.

I agree w/ the upper deck sentiment. I share season tix in the 2nd row just off home plate and the seats rock (especially for the cheapness).

Cat Thief
08-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Scout Seats are $180, Jim Beam Club $250.

IMO the JB Club is the way too go. Better service and less crowded. Obviously the view is great, I like to be a little higher up. My normal seats are in row 30.

The JB Club also has a bigger selection of booze. :gulp:

Jerko
08-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Depends where you sit in the scout seats. I was lucky enough to score one of those folding chairs right by the speed gun, and I can't imagine a better vantage point than that. Then I was in the last row once, and it wasn't as great. It was still nice though. The overall view may be nicer from the upper deck, but for in-game action nothing beats being "on the net" IMO. You can see those pitches whizzing in and breaking and it's great. Only "bad" thing is the 7th inning last call. That's usually when I pop up to the stadium club.

Steelrod
08-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Scout seats closer to the action. JB has better view.
Sat in both this month. Air conditioning in JB made the difference for me! I also like the bar set up in the Jim Beam's. Both very pricey, but a pretty good place to spoil yourself if your budget allows.

Ragator43
08-15-2007, 08:54 PM
IMO the JB Club is the way too go. Better service and less crowded. Obviously the view is great, I like to be a little higher up. My normal seats are in row 30.

JB was definitely less crowded, almost to a point where it didn't feel like i was really at a game. Of the two, I thought the service was better in scout. The guy who took all the orders for 131s on opening day was great and whatever was ordered was there within 5 minutes or so. The girl who took our orders in JBC was on the ball. The food took a little longer to get to the seats (it still was nothing that I'd make a big deal out of).

JBC or scout, being able to sit and enjoy the damn near the entire game instead of waiting in lines (food, beer, bathroom) and possibly missing something is a great, even if you only have the means to do it once in a blue moon.

ChicagoHoosier
08-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I've got 6th row behind home plate in the UD (sect 534) and they are incredible for the price.

However, I was lucky enough to sit in the scout seats twice and will hope to a third time this year. I still think they are amazing, even with all the food and activity going on. I think those are the best seats in the house and a great experience.

Never have tried Jim Beam, but can't imagine they're better than Scout unless the weather is bad, then you can watch the game from inside or out.

Jason82807
08-18-2007, 04:27 PM
I think the JBC offers a better view of the whole field than Scout seats, although if you are sitting in the barstools in the last row of the JBC you can't see the fireworks.

MCHSoxFan
08-18-2007, 04:36 PM
I think the JBC offers a better view of the whole field than Scout seats, although if you are sitting in the barstools in the last row of the JBC you can't see the fireworks.

That is what I think precisely!!! Overall, the JBC gives a BETTER view. However, the fourth row (Barstools), are such a waste of money. Bad view of the fireworks and not comfortable at all. I usually do not even like sitting higher than row 2. The best thing about the Scout Seats is that you can really feel the game.

Jason82807
08-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Only "bad" thing is the 7th inning last call. That's usually when I pop up to the stadium club.

I don't recall about the Scout seats, but in the JBC you can get coffee with Bailey's or Starbuck's liqueur free even after last call.