PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, in sunny Arizona...

MarySwiss
08-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Lessee, tonight I can watch the Sox at 4 p.m., the D'backs at 5 p.m, and Chandler National All-Stars play for the West championship and a trip to the Little League World Series at 6 p.m.
Think I'll take in a movie instead. :wink:

Seriously though, I was watching the post-game show after the D'backs' win last night, and Conor Jackson was talking about how much fun the clubhouse was and that they all look forward to coming to the park. I close my eyes and hear A.J. or Mark or Paulie saying the same thing in 2005.
If the Sox can't be there, for me this would be the next best thing. :cool:

soltrain21
08-11-2007, 02:04 PM
What was the Spring Training outlook on the D-backs? Is this is a surprise, or was this supposed to be a "bounce-back" year?

MarySwiss
08-11-2007, 02:14 PM
What was the Spring Training outlook on the D-backs? Is this is a surprise, or was this supposed to be a "bounce-back" year?

IIRC, they were supposed to finish in the middle of the pack someplace. I don't think very many people expected this. But then, everybody expected the Sox to finish fourth in 05.
Who was it that said, "What the hell do the experts know?" :D:

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't been to one game this year. I haven't even watched them much; too busy being bummed about the Sox. But I'm watching them now, and they're really fun to watch, very loose and relaxed.

PKalltheway
08-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Geez, the D'Backs currently have the best record in the NL, and the 3rd best record in baseball behind the Angels and Red Sox!:o:

I had a feeling that they were going to be a suprise team this year, but geez!

FedEx227
08-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Sometimes it pays to throw a bunch of youngsters out there and watch them play out of their minds.

Can they keep it going for awhile, let's hope. I'd hate to see them fall to the 2000 White Sox fate.

Fenway
08-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Chandler, Arizona goes to Williamsport

BTW Mary the only team winning anything in Phoenix will be the New England Patriots in February.

AZChiSoxFan
08-14-2007, 04:23 PM

BTW Mary the only team winning anything in Phoenix will be the New England Patriots in February.

Well then, I wonder which AFC team will be in the Super Bowl in GLENDALE? :redneck

MarySwiss
08-14-2007, 06:48 PM

Well then, I wonder which AFC team will be in the Super Bowl in GLENDALE? :redneck

Good point, AZ! Maybe Fens means that some of the Patriots are scheduled to play in the FBR Open or something. Don't they have some kind of celebrity thing every year that Alice Cooper plays in before the actual tournament starts? :tongue:

Incidentally, folks; Chandler National is the third East Valley team in five years to go to the LLWS, and the second Chandler National team to do it. (Last year, it was Ahwatukee, which is right across I-10 from Chandler.) Pretty cool, I'd say! I hope they kick butt! Especially East Coast butt. And it would be even more special if the East Coast representative came from, say, ESPN territory. :cool: