PDA

View Full Version : Life without Ken

beausox
04-06-2002, 07:22 PM
Here's a look at what our 25 man roster might look like without Ken Williams.

Batting Order

1.Ray Durham-2B
2.Jose Valentin-SS
3.Frank Thomas-DH
4.Magglio Ordonez-RF
5.Paul Konerko-1B
6.Carlos Lee-LF
7.Aaron Rowand-CF
8.Joe Crede-3B
9.Mark Johnson-C

Bench-

1B/3B/LF/RF-Jeff Liefer
2B/SS/3B-Herbert Perry
OF-Chris Singleton
OF-Jeff Abbott
C-Josh Paul

Rotation-

1.Mark Buehrle
2.Kip Wells
3.Jon Garland
4.Dan Wright
5.Aaron Myette

Rehabbing-Parque and Sirotka

Bullpen-

CP-Keith Foulke
RP-Kelly Wunsch
RP-Sean Lowe
RP-Bobby Howry
RP-Lorenzo Barcelo
RP-Kevin Beirne/Josh Fogg/Guerrier

Jon Rauch would also still be developing in AAA.
Jesus Pena would still be around as insurance in AAA
Scott Eyre would still be us (UGH)

Chisox_cali
04-06-2002, 07:34 PM
You forgot JB would be in the rotation

Randar68
04-06-2002, 07:35 PM
1.Mark Buehrle
2.Kip Wells
3.Jon Garland
4.Dan Wright
5.Aaron Myette

Well, you're out of your mind if you think Myette would have a starters spot in front of Guerrier, Rauch, Fogg, or just about anyone in the minors for that matter...

You also forgot about Chad Bradford.

Mathew
04-06-2002, 07:46 PM
Myette sucks and that rotation sucks harder than our current one, the lineup should look more like that anyway. That's the Manager too. I'm not on the fire Kenny Bandwagon. He was asked to get veteran starting pitching help, he did, a lead off batter/center fielder right now, he did and lastly improve the defence of the club, Clayton sucks and I can't bring myself to say he succeded in that but I'll say he tried.

Iguana775
04-06-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
You forgot JB would be in the rotation

i wouldnt be so sure about that. i doubt he would have resigned with the sox. JMO

Iguana775
04-06-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Well, you're out of your mind if you think Myette would have a starters spot in front of Guerrier, Rauch, Fogg, or just about anyone in the minors for that matter...

You also forgot about Chad Bradford.

IMO, i think the rotation would be: (for sure)

burly
kip
garland

those are the ones i know would be there. maybe baldwin but i doubt he would have resigned. but i really feel that rinsdork would have done a better job of getting something in return for him if he traded JB. but i would have to believe that Not Wrong would be there and same with rauch with his impressive spring. IMO, and the same with daver's, Biddle will be a very good pitcher. may not be an ace but i think he will be a pretty good strike out pitcher. once he is back i think the staff will be much improved. along with barcelo and butter. JMHO. :)

RichH55
04-06-2002, 08:22 PM
So we'd still be a solid hitting team with serious questions about our pitching.....wow

baggio202
04-06-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
So we'd still be a solid hitting team with serious questions about our pitching.....wow

so what youre saying is....for all of kenny's wheelin and dealin...we are pretty much in the same spot we would be if the ship ran rutterless???

duke of dorwood
04-06-2002, 10:08 PM
Jesus Pena ?

:KW

Aw give me that one, at least