PDA

View Full Version : De los Santos promoted to Adv A

rdivaldi
08-10-2007, 11:48 PM
That snuck past me, looks like he made his first start tonight.

5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K and the all important W.

Sockinchisox
08-11-2007, 12:06 AM
That snuck past me, looks like he made his first start tonight.

5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K and the all important W.

Yay Fautino!

jabrch
08-11-2007, 12:41 AM
He certainly deserved it.

35th and Shields
08-11-2007, 12:59 AM
its good to see hes making progress

KyWhiSoxFan
08-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Nice to see him move up a rung and still be as effective.

hose
08-11-2007, 08:21 AM
De los Santos-----Of the Saints

:bandance:

jabrch
08-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Rdiv - 09 September callup? Or do you think we see him sooner?

Mr. White Sox
08-11-2007, 01:19 PM

I'm clearly not rdiv, but I think an 09 September callup would be the upper-bound expectations on DLS. I'd like to see him get a full year in AA first.

RE: UDUSC:
Of course, but this is all hoping that DLS puts up a solid enough year in AA to warrant a AAA promotion the next year, and a solid enough year there to warrant a callup. It would require a meteoric rise in skill level, but DLS certainly has a shot.

upperdeckusc
08-11-2007, 01:25 PM
......which will hopefully come next yr in '08. than AAA in '09 just in time for a comeup. him egbert gio and danks is a very refreshing future of arms that will hopefully be donning a sox uni

A. Cavatica
08-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Is he Fautino or Faustino?

The Kanny website had him as Fautino, and the press had him as Fautino for the Futures Game, but IIRC he was Faustino in most of the things I read before that. And I've heard of the name Faustino before, but Fautino...?

upperdeckusc
08-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm clearly not rdiv, but I think an 09 September callup would be the upper-bound expectations on DLS. I'd like to see him get a full year in AA first.

RE: UDUSC:
Of course, but this is all hoping that DLS puts up a solid enough year in AA to warrant a AAA promotion the next year, and a solid enough year there to warrant a callup. It would require a meteoric rise in skill level, but DLS certainly has a shot.

right. i guess i should have said that that would be our "best case scenario" if he keeps pitching like he is.

California Sox
08-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Is he Fautino or Faustino?

The Kanny website had him as Fautino, and the press had him as Fautino for the Futures Game, but IIRC he was Faustino in most of the things I read before that. And I've heard of the name Faustino before, but Fautino...?

His name is Fautino. The Sally league office had it wrong at the start of the season and all his stats were attributed to "Faustino", who I believe played Bud on "Married With Children."

rdivaldi
08-12-2007, 03:26 PM

Absolutely within the realm of possiblity if he pitches well at AA next year, which is where he is going to start. The thing is, the rotation should be pretty full next year, so I'd think he'll get his first big league taste as a reliever ala Buehrle.

santo=dorf
08-12-2007, 03:53 PM
His name is Fautino. The Sally league office had it wrong at the start of the season and all his stats were attributed to "Faustino", who I believe played Bud on "Married With Children."
I figured people were so used to spelling Nancy's last name, they kept with DLS (go marching in.)

UserNameBlank
08-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Absolutely within the realm of possiblity if he pitches well at AA next year, which is where he is going to start. The thing is, the rotation should be pretty full next year, so I'd think he'll get his first big league taste as a reliever ala Buehrle.
I wish we could see how his change is coming along. I believe he has a fastball and a slurve that he mainly uses, but if he could get that change he could really be something.

I think you're right about starting in Double A next year. Normally he would start at W-S, but I just see him coming into ST- because you know he's going to get an invite to Major League camp after this year - and making a name for himself like Adam Russell did this year and McCarthy did in 2005.

You also could be right about breaking in as a reliever but I certainly hope that doesn't happen, not with his ceiling. He needs to pitch regularly and develop his secondary pitches before breaking into the pen. Besides, right we have Jenks, Thornton, MacDougal, and Logan all as pretty much locks to make the pen next year. Additionally, as of right now we have Floyd who has to be on the ML team next year, Wassermann, Bukvich, Aardsma, Sisco (does he have any options left?), Day, Perez, Vasquez, Phillips, Haeger, Russell, Gio, Broadway etc. among others and not even including any new additions who could be fighting for only 3 pen spots depending on if a starter is dealt.

I just hope we don't see him until 2009 at the earliest, and when we do see him, he's a starter with confidence in 3 pitches.

sox1970
08-12-2007, 07:00 PM

He's had it listed as both. It probably just means he's 28 right now, and his new fake name was spelled wrong on his forged birth certificate.