PDA

View Full Version : Article on Sox Bars around Chicago

Law11
08-10-2007, 06:52 PM
http://centerstagechicago.com/bars/articles/white-sox-bars.html

MarySwiss
08-10-2007, 07:00 PM
What about that bar--name escapes me, but I don't think it was Cork & Kerry--that bought free beers every time a Marlin hit a home run in the 2003 playoffs?

thedudeabides
08-10-2007, 07:17 PM
What about that bar--name escapes me, but I don't think it was Cork & Kerry--that bought free beers every time a Marlin hit a home run in the 2003 playoffs?

I believe it was McNalley's.

MDF3530
08-10-2007, 07:20 PM
That sounds like McNallys on 111th & Western.

Cork & Kerry would've probably charged double. Not because they're Cubs fans, but because they'd use any excuse to jack up the price.

dungball
08-10-2007, 07:41 PM
There are two references in the article to black and white. Under Cork and Kerry "hides pure black and white baseball" and under Shoeless Joe's "owner bleeds black and white". Is he referring to the Sox Colors of Silver and Black and has no knowledge of White Sox baseball or am I seeing too much of something that isn't there

Brian26
08-10-2007, 08:46 PM
There are two references in the article to black and white. Under Cork and Kerry "hides pure black and white baseball" and under Shoeless Joe's "owner bleeds black and white". Is he referring to the Sox Colors of Silver and Black and has no knowledge of White Sox baseball or am I seeing too much of something that isn't there

It's just a stupid statement because 29 of the 30 mlb teams have white in their color scheme. The Sox are "black and silver", case closed.

JimmyJames
08-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Just my two cents, but the guy's radio commercial where he mentions they don't play any, "rap, punk, or udder stuff" he also mentions that the place is named "Shoeless Joe's" to keep one of the greatest names in Chicago Sports alive.

Sounds like a Sox fan to me.

Law11
08-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Just my two cents, but the guy's radio commercial where he mentions they don't play any, "rap, punk, or udder stuff" he also mentions that the place is named "Shoeless Joe's" to keep one of the greatest names in Chicago Sports alive.

Sounds like a Sox fan to me.

"And the talent here oh, madawn..."

PalehosePlanet
08-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Actually our colors are black and white. Silver is the third, accent color. If silver was a primary color our caps wouldn't be black and white.

My friends and I always refer to ourselves as fans of "the black & white." To me the Raiders are "the silver and black."

....And if I'm ever able to acquire the means, I'll open a bar just to the Bronzville side of the stadium and name it The Black & White Lounge.

RadioheadRocks
08-11-2007, 12:28 AM
It's just a stupid statement because 29 of the 30 mlb teams have white in their color scheme. The Sox are "black and silver", case closed.

I concur... long live the Silver and Black!!!!!

(and NO I don NOT mean the Raiders!)

esbrechtel
08-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Isn't it more grey than silver anyway?:dunno: And how can the WHITE sox not have white as one of their colors? That would be like the Reds main color is brown...Or the Browns major color is orange...oh wait...