PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Night

skottyj242
08-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Who's there? I shall be in attendance.

This is my favorite promotion of the year.

itsnotrequired
08-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I'll probably stop by...

jenn2080
08-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I will be there with 20 of my family members tonight. YAHOOOO!

Chips
08-10-2007, 11:03 AM
I will not be there.

jenn2080
08-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I will not be there.

My brother will be sad.

Chips
08-10-2007, 11:15 AM
My brother will be sad.

He's a funny kid.

Unless we're talking about Jeremy.

skottyj242
08-10-2007, 11:16 AM
He's a funny kid.

I am passing down the Elvis jumpsuit to you ng Jeremy.

whitesoxwilkes
08-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I will be there. Undisclosed location.

jenn2080
08-10-2007, 11:34 AM
He's a funny kid.

Both of them are.

skottyj242
08-10-2007, 11:45 AM

Club level. I blew your cover.

jenn2080
08-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Club level. I blew your cover.

And he is to good to tailgate, because Sir Snobby is going to the Club Level. I guess that's what happens when you are old :D:

skottyj242
08-10-2007, 11:55 AM
And he is to good to tailgate, because Sir Snobby is going to the Club Level. I guess that's what happens when you are old :D:

I really hate Wilkes. He is the worst person on this board by far.

itsnotrequired
08-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I really hate Wilkes. He is the worst person on this board by far.

du hast

Fenway
08-10-2007, 11:56 AM

I almost saw Elvis live......in Portland, Maine

look at the date on the ticket

http://www.theciviccenter.com/images/lg_elvistickets.jpg

skottyj242
08-10-2007, 11:59 AM

What does the date have to do with it?

Fenway
08-10-2007, 12:00 PM
What does the date have to do with it?

http://www.oldenfinds.com/images/ELVIS_DIES.JPG

MCHSoxFan
08-10-2007, 12:00 PM
I'll be there. :D:

SBSoxFan
08-10-2007, 12:01 PM

That's kinda spooky. What was he doing in Tennessee the day before he was supposed to do a concert in Maine?

Fenway
08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
That's kinda spooky. What was he doing in Tennessee the day before he was supposed to do a concert in Maine?

not waking up......Colonel Parker was already in Portland...

August 16 - Shortly after midnight Elvis returns to Graceland from a late-night visit to the dentist. Through the early morning of the 16th he takes care of last minute tour details and relaxes with family and staff. He is to fly to Portland, Maine that night and do a show there on the 17th, then continue the scheduled tour. He retires to his master suite at Graceland around 7:00 AM to rest for his evening flight. By late morning, Elvis Presley is dead

skottyj242
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.oldenfinds.com/images/ELVIS_DIES.JPG

The teal was there on purpose. I think everyone knows the story.

pdimas
08-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I'll be there with a couple of my cousins and their husbands, my dad, mom sister, 10 month old nephew (who'll be sporting an Elvis suit with sideburns), my gf, her parents, a work buddy and other assorted ne'er do wells (like skottyJ, jenn and the dude). I am really looking forward to tonight. I considered bringing my dog and checking her in at pet check but I think its gonna be too crazy tonight.

jenn2080
08-10-2007, 12:23 PM
I'll be there with a couple of my cousins and their husbands, my dad, mom sister, 10 month old nephew (who'll be sporting an Elvis suit with sideburns), my gf, her parents, a work buddy and other assorted ne'er do wells (like skottyJ, jenn and the dude). I am really looking forward to tonight. I considered bringing my dog and checking her in at pet check but I think its gonna be too crazy tonight.

There will a good 50 people at the tailgate tonight . WAHHHHHHOOOOO

itsnotrequired
08-10-2007, 12:24 PM

So I'm no longer associated with the ne'er do wells?

Tonight, we battle for all the marbles.

:angry:

:happybday

Gavin
08-10-2007, 12:25 PM
I'll be there with my sis. Bought these bleacher seats back in February. I looove paratrooping Elvii.

skottyj242
08-10-2007, 12:28 PM

My parents are coming too. It's goign to be a good time. I've got 14 brats, 8 dogs and like 15 burgers we're bringing. I think I might bring out grill too just so I know there's room to grill.

Chips
08-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Damn, I'm missing a good one.

15 burgers! :drool:

DumpJerry
08-10-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm there.

ilsox7
08-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I will be attending with a fellow WSI person.

BainesHOF
08-10-2007, 12:41 PM
How many straight years can you have Elvis Night? I wish the promotions would be a little more creative.

itsnotrequired
08-10-2007, 12:41 PM
How many straight years can you have Elvis Night? I wish the promotions would be a little more creative.

The fans really like it. It is one of the first games to sell out.

pdimas
08-10-2007, 12:44 PM

You are he who must not be named.......

hater :tongue:

Chips
08-10-2007, 12:44 PM
My parents are coming too. It's goign to be a good time. I've got 14 brats, 8 dogs and like 15 burgers we're bringing. I think I might bring out grill too just so I know there's room to grill.

I will not be there.

I'm there.

I wonder why.

pdimas
08-10-2007, 12:46 PM
There will a good 50 people at the tailgate tonight . WAHHHHHHOOOOO

...and more than half will be related to you....oh good lord......:smile:

Tonight I will not only have the opportunity to embarass myself in front of my parents but also my gf's parents, scotty's parents and your whole family from the Western hemisphere...nice....

itsnotrequired
08-10-2007, 12:48 PM

Tonight I will not only have the opportunity to embarass myself in front of my parents but also my gf's parents, scotty's parents and your whole family from the Western hemisphere...nice....

Jeremy and I will dominate bags, as is our want.

jenn2080
08-10-2007, 12:50 PM

Tradition and it is a fun night. One of the best by far.

Chips
08-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Jeremy and I will dominate bags, as is our want.

If I were there, I would be dominated.

Chips
08-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Tradition and it is a fun night. One of the best by far.

It's a damn popular promotion. I've always enjoyed it.

jenn2080
08-10-2007, 12:51 PM

Nothing they have not seen before by some of our own family members. :D:

ilsox7
08-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I'll bring some decent beer. Will anyone drink it?

WS in 05
08-10-2007, 01:03 PM

Break the streak and you get kicked out the tailgate!

itsnotrequired
08-10-2007, 01:07 PM
I'll bring some decent beer. Will anyone drink it?

http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/16/lebowski14.jpg

"Does the Pope **** in the woods?"

skottyj242
08-10-2007, 01:07 PM

If it aint broke don't fix it. It is my favorite promotion of the year. I wish they gave out Elvis bobbleheads. I give my tickets to my mom every year for her birthday, she loves it. Itsnotrequired, myself and my mother had an absolute blast last year.

Jerko
08-10-2007, 01:10 PM
I told my mother a few years back I'd take her to an elvis night (that was always my work group outing game), and tonight is going to be her first one. I've been to most of them so it's no big deal for me, but she'll get a kick out of it.

ilsox7
08-10-2007, 01:12 PM
http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/16/lebowski14.jpg

"Does the Pope **** in the woods?"

I've got 12 random ones packed up.

MCHSoxFan
08-10-2007, 01:18 PM
The fans really like it. It is one of the first games to sell out.

I love it!!! :D: It IS the first game to sell-out NOT based on who is playing. Well, maybe OD. What I am is saying is that a game like the SOX/CUBS will sell about based upon the teams playing. This game is selling out based on another factor. It would sell out regardless of who is playing.

mwc44
08-10-2007, 01:23 PM
I'll be there with my sis. Bought these bleacher seats back in February. I looove paratrooping Elvii.

The Flying Elvi are the highlight of the evening for me (both before and after the game)...especially when they bring in the flag during the National Anthem. They hit that X damn near every time!

Ditto. I don't tell people my seats are in Section 118.

:o: oops!

pdimas
08-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I personally like the dancing Elvi. I think they are a riot. I am in tears every year. I mean you get big ones, little ones, fat ones, skinny ones and they all dance out of rythym. Hilarious.

Chips
08-10-2007, 01:35 PM
I personally like the dancing Elvi. I think they are a riot. I am in tears every year. I mean you get big ones, little ones, fat ones, skinny ones and they all dance out of rythym. Hilarious.

:rolling:

dirty_k
08-10-2007, 02:16 PM
What time do the pregame festivities start?
I'm going to have to figure out where they sell the good beer in the upper deck towards left field.
Off topic q - anyone know how one changes the user name here?

skottyj242
08-10-2007, 02:51 PM
I thought the skydivers come out after the game before the fireworks during the concert? You ahve to buy like three beers at last call to make it all the way through.

Chips
08-10-2007, 02:56 PM
You ahve to buy like three beers at last call to make it all the way through.

When are you going to start leading a balanced life?

~Good riddance!

jenn2080
08-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I thought the skydivers come out after the game before the fireworks during the concert? You ahve to buy like three beers at last call to make it all the way through.

This is correct, but you should really get your priorities in order.

Jerko
08-10-2007, 03:04 PM
"It's Now or Never." Join the White Sox for a night of music and dance - A tribute to "The King."

Pregame
Gate 3
Gyrate to the sounds of 50s Elvis performer Prentice Chaffin.

Gate 4
Shake, Rattle, and Roll with Elvis look-alike and performer Jamie Aaron Kelly.

Gate 5
Take your picture with "The King!"

On-field parade
Rock 'n Roll over to Gate 1 by 6:30 p.m. in your best Elvis attire. Only those dressed like "The King" will be allowed to parade around the warning track (weather permitting). Parade limited to the first 500 "Elvii."

Postgame
STEPPIN' OUT DADS
This group of dads is dressed in lighted Elvis jumpsuits and will perform a dance routine set to a medley of Elvis music. They will be sure to make you take notice.

JAMIE AARON KELLY
Back by popular demand, Jamie Aaron Kelley will be performing on the field. He has been named by Graceland as their ambassador to the next generation of Elvis fans and has been awarded a certificate from Elvis Presley Enterprises for being the first and only person in the world to have memorized all 790 songs that Elvis released in his lifetime!

THE E TEAM - ENTERTAINERS OF THE SKY
Dropping in again with their lighted Elvis jumpsuits, look skyward for a special skydiving exhibition.

Fireworks
Fans are invited to stay for a fireworks spectacular set to Elvis music.

ChiSoxGirl
08-10-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm there- taking my folks tonight. :smile:

skottyj242
08-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Well my friends and family are going to be there tonight, I really should spend more time with them. I do need to get my priorities in order. I suck at life almost as much as Wilkes. I can't stand that dude. I really hope he shows up tonight so I can beat him up.

DumpJerry
08-10-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm there.

I wonder why.
You need to read the thread more closely. The thread is for the game, not the tailgate.

EMel9281
08-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I be dere tonight, lower deck, courtesy of my parents...

Chips
08-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Well my friends and family are going to be there tonight, I really should spend more time with them. I do need to get my priorities in order. I suck at life almost as much as Wilkes. I can't stand that dude. I really hope he shows up tonight so I can beat him up.

Why don't you all bother to grow up already? You're an adult in body, yet a child in your morals, behaviors, and mind.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Ya mo be there.

ilsox7
08-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Best (and most creative) promotion ever!

esbrechtel
08-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Best (and most creative) promotion ever!
I wonder who thought of it...great idea!

ilsox7
08-10-2007, 11:54 PM
I wonder who thought of it...great idea!

They said tonight it was the 10th (I think) year of it. It was my first. Awesome job, Sox marketing!

chisoxfanatic
08-11-2007, 01:23 AM
They said tonight it was the 10th (I think) year of it. It was my first. Awesome job, Sox marketing!

They did an awesome job after the game especially!

Two thumbs up to the Sox for putting this whole thing together! It's gotta be tuff to skydive into something as small as a ballpark! It's amazing that two of those skydivers have jumped over 8,000 times each!

ilsox7
08-11-2007, 01:42 AM
They did an awesome job after the game especially!

Two thumbs up to the Sox for putting this whole thing together! It's gotta be tuff to skydive into something as small as a ballpark! It's amazing that two of those skydivers have jumped over 8,000 times each!

The fellow I went to the game with and I could not believe the one guy had 8,500+ jumps! That is one jump EVERY day for over 23 years!

chisoxfanatic
08-11-2007, 01:56 AM
The fellow I went to the game with and I could not believe the one guy had 8,500+ jumps! That is one jump EVERY day for over 23 years!
I wonder if that's the way he gets to work! :tongue:

MCHSoxFan
08-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Man, I have the BEST time EVA!!! Sox WIN and there was a TON of GREAT entertainment!!!

GOOD JOB BROOKS!!!! KEEP IT!!!

lizard6king6
08-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Elvis night and I go every year with my father but I think something needs to be changed a little. It is the same thing every year for the most part. I guess if its not broke, why fix it and I will always go and enjoy it but one of these years I would liked ot be surprised with something a little new. What that new thing is? I dont know just something new.

ChiSoxGirl
08-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Elvis night and I go every year with my father but I think something needs to be changed a little. It is the same thing every year for the most part. I guess if its not broke, why fix it and I will always go and enjoy it but one of these years I would liked ot be surprised with something a little new. What that new thing is? I dont know just something new.

They did do something new this year... all of the post-game entertainment was done with the stadium lights on. :tongue: In years past, the post-game skydive and concert were done without the lights on. They usually have a spotlight on the Steppin' Out Dads Dance Co. and then on the Elvis impersonator, but that's it as far as lighting. Personally, I think the post-game Elvis entertainment is better with the stadium lights off; it's a better atmosphere that way.

lizard6king6
08-11-2007, 05:17 PM
They did do something new this year... all of the post-game entertainment was done with the stadium lights on. :tongue: In years past, the post-game skydive and concert were done without the lights on. They usually have a spotlight on the Steppin' Out Dads Dance Co. and then on the Elvis impersonator, but that's it as far as lighting. Personally, I think the post-game Elvis entertainment is better with the stadium lights off; it's a better atmosphere that way.

LOL, i guess now that you mention it your right. :tongue: Lights out= better.

mwc44
08-11-2007, 07:46 PM

The skydivers didn't have their "light-up" Elvis jumpsuits on this year, so I guess the lights were out somewhere :redneck, but they more than made up for it with the fireworks shooting out of their packs as they descended into the stadium.

ChiSoxGirl
08-11-2007, 11:35 PM
The skydivers didn't have their "light-up" Elvis jumpsuits on this year, so I guess the lights were out somewhere :redneck, but they more than made up for it with the fireworks shooting out of their packs as they descended into the stadium.

They didn't, but the Steppin' Out Dads dancers did. But with the stadium lights on, the light-up jumpsuits were pretty irrelevant. Message to Brooks & Co.: Turn the stadium lights off during the post-game Elvis Night festivities next year.

You're right- the fireworks shooting out of the skydivers' packs were pretty cool.