PDA

View Full Version : The greatest commercial from 2001

chisoxfanatic
04-06-2002, 07:43 PM
ANNOUNCER in front of a Comiskey Park ticket window by a Pepsi radio wagon Hey is that Magglio Ordonez by the White Sox ticket window? Maggs, what are you doing there?

:maggs
It's Pepsi Half-Price Tuesday!

Information about Pepsi Half-Price Tuesday is given here.

:maggs
On the Comiskey Park field Drink Pepsi, and I'll see you in the ballpark!

Just thought that you'd all love to relive one of the funniest commercials of 2001!

Heather the Redbird

awesomefan
04-06-2002, 07:54 PM
Sorry I didn't get to see the famous Magglio Ordonez Pepsi commercial. It was only shown in the Chicago area from what I can tell.

I hear they also had life-size cardboard cutouts of Magglio in some of the stores for the Pepsi promotion.

Some fans have already managed to acquire some of the life-size Magglio's. Lucky Dogs!!!!

RichieRichAllen
04-07-2002, 11:03 AM
LOL...I enjoyed it, too.

Maggs looked like a little boy dressed up in MLB uniform toting around his Radio Flyer. All that was missing was his dog, "Skipper"....and no, I'm not talking about Jerry....

:smile:

Viva Magglio
04-07-2002, 12:22 PM
That commercial was from last season, and I think Grandstand (35th & Wallace) sells the Mágglio cardboards.

doublem23
04-07-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by awesomefan
I hear they also had life-size cardboard cutouts of Magglio in some of the stores for the Pepsi promotion.

Some fans have already managed to acquire some of the life-size Magglio's. Lucky Dogs!!!!

Yeah, I worked in a grocery store last year, and living in the Northwest side of the city, I am one of the very few Sox fans around here, so when the season ended, they were going to throw away Maggs' cardboard cutout, but I told them I'd take it, so they gave it me.

It's pretty sweet.

ilovemags30
04-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Yeah, I worked in a grocery store last year, and living in the Northwest side of the city, I am one of the very few Sox fans around here, so when the season ended, they were going to throw away Maggs' cardboard cutout, but I told them I'd take it, so they gave it me.

It's pretty sweet. you know ur gonna give me the cutout rt MM? he he... :)

ilovemags30
04-07-2002, 06:00 PM
thats is the best commercial for the sox.... GO MAGS!!!