PDA

View Full Version : Danks NOT to be skipped on Sunday

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Because of Jose's use out of the bullpen in yesterday's game, Danks WILL make the start in Sunday's game. Jose will make the start in the first game against Seattle. Per Don Cooper on Chicago Tribune Live.

Noneck
08-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Too bad, thats over a week away. The more opportunities Contreras gets before the wavier deadline the better.

delben91
08-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Well, I'll be glad to see John pitch in person for the first time. :cool:

LITTLE NELL
08-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Contrares does not deserve any more starts this year.Go with Floyd and see what we have.

DrewSox56
08-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Contrares does not deserve any more starts this year.Go with Floyd and see what we have.

I agree. He's done more to earn that role than Jose (last night was nice, change of direction, though).

TheOldRoman
08-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I agree. He's done more to earn that role than Jose (last night was nice, change of direction, though).If you have any intention of trading Jose and moving his $20 million in the offseason, he needs to start. The only way his value can possibly go down is if he sits out the rest of the year or stays in the bullpen. The best hope for the Sox is that Jose gets back to at least mediocre this year.

MCHSoxFan
08-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Jose will make the start in the first game against Seattle. Per Don Cooper on Chicago Tribune Live.

HOLD UP!!!! JOSE IS PITCHING ON FRIDAY!!!! WAHT ABOUT JAVY!!! :o: :angry:

MCHSoxFan
08-09-2007, 08:26 PM
I just heard Hawk say it will be Javy, Gavin, and Jose. That is also what is says on whitesox.com/mariners.mlb.com. WHAT IS GOING ON? :?:

LINK: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=cws

delben91
08-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I just heard Hawk say it will be Javy, Gavin, and Jose. That is also what is says on whitesox.com/mariners.mlb.com. WHAT IS GOING ON? :?:

LINK: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=cws

The Sox play the Mariners in SEATTLE next weekend. Probably what Coop meant is they'll skip Danks' NEXT START which is NEXT FRIDAY. Not the first game against the Mariners THIS FRIDAY.

:cool:

MCHSoxFan
08-09-2007, 09:34 PM
The Sox play the Mariners in SEATTLE next weekend. Probably what Coop meant is they'll skip Danks' NEXT START which is NEXT FRIDAY. Not the first game against the Mariners THIS FRIDAY.

:cool:

Thank you. So everything will be the same off the site, except for Danks on Sunday?

delben91
08-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Thank you. So everything will be the same off the site, except for Danks on Sunday?

That's my guess. Danks this Sunday. Contreras next Friday.