PDA

View Full Version : Stone Pony?

Walker29
08-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Has this always been a Steve Stone Moniker or is it another one of Hawk's nicknames that he likes to shove down our throats until it sticks. At least he didn't try to merge them with other classics from the Hawk Nickname scrapheap....maybe "Stone-pod", "Deacon Stone", "Stone-dog", perhaps "The Big Stone"....Anyways I've thoroughly enjoyed the Hawk and Stone broadcasts, especially if the "Stone Pony" keeps calling those walk-offs! Go Sox!

jabrch
08-09-2007, 10:36 AM
That's been a nickname of Stone's for a long time. In fact, look it up using WSI's search, and I believe he has been referred to as Stone Pony here - long before this week.

Gammons Peter
08-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Pretty sure Steve Dahl started it back in the mid 80's

FedEx227
08-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Pretty sure Steve Dahl started it back in the mid 80's

Yeah, it's been around for quite some time, I remember my dad using it constantly when I was growing up.

mwc44
08-09-2007, 10:57 AM
http://www.ronstadt-linda.com/stonpon2.jpg
... featuring Linda Ronstadt......... circa: 1967 - Hawk's Playing Era

"Coincidence? I don't think so!"

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-09-2007, 11:32 AM
http://www.ronstadt-linda.com/stonpon2.jpg
... featuring Linda Ronstadt......... circa: 1967 - Hawk's Playing Era

"Coincidence? I don't think so!"

:hawk

"Boy, that Linda Ronstadt...I tell ya, one night, me and Yaz were out painting the town in New York against those pesky Yanks. Linda Ronstadt was staying in the same hotel as us, and before ya know it, we're in the KitKat Lounge downstairs singing three tracks off that LP. Boy, I love LP's. "

mwc44
08-09-2007, 11:34 AM
:hawk

"Boy, that Linda Ronstadt...I tell ya, one night, me and Yaz were out painting the town in New York against those pesky Yanks. Linda Ronstadt was staying in the same hotel as us, and before ya know it, we're in the KitKat Lounge downstairs singing three tracks off that LP. Boy, I love LP's. "

:rolling: :thumbsup: