munchman33
08-09-2007, 12:28 AM
I still want him gone.

tdwiek
08-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Made up for his 2 errors...

Madscout
08-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Nice win. Way to fight in extras. What were the two errors? I don't get them on tv down here.

hi im skot
08-09-2007, 12:30 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thank you, Juan!!

Great job, bullpen!

spongyfungy
08-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Uribe doesn't understand the words that are coming out of Mora's mouth

munchman33
Contreras got the win. Uribe get the winning homer.

Kenny Williams is the real winner here. C'mon waiver trades!

Dan the Man
Contreras gets his first win since June 18. :bandance:

oeo
Juan redeems himself after those two errors.

I think the big story was Contreras, tonight, though. His fastball is magically in the mid-90s again...I hope the scouts were still watching.

roadrunner
StonePony!

tdwiek
Great point about the bullpen, did you see Contreras in there. Maybe we can salvage his career just yet! This win was like the old, luvable, winnable White Sox!!

JorgeFabregas
Uribe is such a great interview.

flo-B-flo
08-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Called it!!

JorgeFabregas
Great point about the bullpen, did you see Contreras in there. Maybe we can salvage his career just yet! This win was like the old, luvable, winnable White Sox!!
Contreras looked REALLY good. Never mind the actual results--his velocity was up and he had snap on his breaking pitches.

Jason82807
I still want him gone.
I agree. Why was he Player of the Game and not AJ? AJ didnt have 2 errors

Rockin Robin
hahaha, Uribe and Contreras...the heroes.

Go figure.

thomas35forever
08-09-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks for making me eat crow, Juan! You made up for your gaffes, at least for tonight. We take the win and Juan takes the shaving cream from Jermaine!:bandance:

jdm2662
I still want him gone.

Make that two of us.

voodoochile
Falling asleep on my couch. Gave up and moved to the desktop. Load the game and start reading an e-mail from my sister. It's like a freaking novel. Switch to the game. It just ended.

Sol good...

:winner:

:supernana:

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Did you guys see Dye give him a nice facial! This team STILL finds ways to have fun!!! :D:

To think of it, this is the ONLY walk-off home run I can remember from this season! Can anyone think of a counter-example?

HotelWhiteSox
08-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Crazy game, glad I stuck with it

My biggest positive was Contreras. Like I said in the game thread, whatever happened in the game, I was looking forward to see Contreras react in relief, so that alone was worth it for me. AJ and Juan provide the heroics, suck on that Cleveland!

With CC on the mound today, also kind of makes up for yesterday

White_Sock
08-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Steve Stone is a fricking psychic.

Hawk: You can be my wing man anytime!

Steve Stone: Bull ****, you can be mine!

(cue Top Gun Final scene music) *everybody cheers*

Cuck_The_Fubs
Did you guys see Dye give him a nice facial! This team STILL finds ways to have fun!!! :D:

To think of it, this is the ONLY walk-off home run I can remember from this season! Can anyone think of a counter-example?
First win of the season....walk-off beam

RowanDye
Uribe doesn't understand the words that are coming out of Mora's mouth

I don't think Juan understands the words coming out of his own mouth...but I love him anyway!!

It's nice to put aside the rumors and offseason plans for a while and just enjoy a good win.

Let's hope Contreras can regain some confidence and go back to the starting role, Gavin can have a few more solid outings, and then we'll have 6 starting pitchers!!!

balke
08-09-2007, 12:36 AM
What a wicked game. I want Stoney announcing more games, its so much more enjoyable.

Great win SOx! Get one more and keep it rolling!

Contreras looks like he might be focused again. That's great news, because the Sox don't know if they'll get that same Gavin Floyd again. It would be great if they did, and Contreras could just dominate in the pen this season.

kitekrazy
08-09-2007, 12:37 AM
No way! I was driving home from the Jackhammer's game and listen to Cleveland scoring the go ahead run odd the Uribe error. I got home and didn't bother to turn on the TV and assumed the Sox lost.

WhiteSox5187
It was so good to Jose pump his fist like that and get excited and I felt great for Juan to get that off his back. THe season is over for this team but I gotta tip my hat to the Sox cuz they've been playing balls to the walls baseball right now and look like they got nothing left to lose. If I were a team in contention I would dread facing the Sox right now.

Tragg
Leave him in the pen. The $10 mill for a middle reliever is weird, but it's a sunk cost - you can't get that money back. He's provided some value in the pen and as a starter he's done nothing but damage for 2 months.
Maybe they still have hopes of a trade.

HotelWhiteSox
08-09-2007, 12:39 AM
meh the last error was a rough one anyways, ultimate ducksnort

Juan, probably one of my favorite interviews. The first time I heard him I never expected that voice, and you know he has no idea what the hell a pick to click is

DSpivack
08-09-2007, 12:39 AM
It was so good to Jose pump his fist like that and get excited and I felt great for Juan to get that off his back. THe season is over for this team but I gotta tip my hat to the Sox cuz they've been playing balls to the walls baseball right now and look like they got nothing left to lose. If I were a team in contention I would dread facing the Sox right now.

Play for .500, is what I'm hoping for. Haven't had a losing season since '99.

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2007, 12:40 AM
First win of the season....walk-off beam
But, that wasn't a walk-off home run. AJ was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to walk in the winning run. I don't recall another walk-off home run this season though, which is strange considering the pop we have in our lineup.

cheezheadsoxfan
Good deal! Nice to see Garland not get lit up and to see us keep coming back. Felt like old times.:D:

QCIASOXFAN
:bandance:The power is out in my neck of the woods so I couldn't watch it, but from what I'm read I like!

flo-B-flo
08-09-2007, 12:42 AM
.... I want Stoney announcing more games, its so much more enjoyable..... Indeed he is an excellent analyst........

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Play for .500, is what I'm hoping for. Haven't had a losing season since '99.
Ya know, I don't think that's out of the question.

jcw218
08-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Nice win. Way to fight in extras. What were the two errors? I don't get them on tv down here.

1st error was a throwing error by Uribe attempting to turn a double play. 2nd error was a fielding error on a duck snort that allowed the 4th Cleveland run

soltrain21
08-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Just got back from the game. Uribe bailed himself out after that error.

Kudos to the guy who gave the AJ homerun ball to those two kids who were jumping up and down and being excited throughout the whole game. I've never seen two kids smile wider.

I took some really nice pictures. I'll post them in the photo gallery tomorrow.

34rancher
08-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Anyone notice Juan was blowing a bubble with his gum while he hit it? Stone is good...

Gavin
08-09-2007, 01:35 AM
I still want him gone.

gg on the first postgame post

I don't want him gone

but you got your say in, didn't you?

whitesoxfan1986
08-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Just got back from the game...what a one to be at.
JUAN!:supernana:

AJ!:supernana:

JD!:supernana:
Warning to all: be prepared for cubune bias after the **** that took place at this game: some dumbass ran out onto the field again. I can't wait to read the cubune tomorrow.

chisox77
08-09-2007, 01:42 AM
The last innings, I bounced between the White Sox and "Escape From Alcatraz."

Timed it nicely as I just popped onto to game and saw Juan's game winning shot. Very nice. Let's get the series win later today.

:cool:

kevingrt
08-09-2007, 01:55 AM
Cinco y Doce lighten it up!

The Immigrant
08-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Profundo! The Torpedo Boat strikes when least expected.

Foulke You
08-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Nice win for the Sox tonight. The '07 Sox have conditioned me to believe that when the opposing team takes the lead late or in extras, it automatically means a loss. We fought hard for this one tonight. Dye's clutch HR in the 8th, AJ's clutch HR in the 12th, and Uribe finishing it off in the 13th while blowing a bubble with his gum and making Steve Stone look like a genius. (For those who missed the broadcast, Stone told Hawk at the beginning of the inning that he felt Uribe was going to end this game because he really was going to try to make up for making the errors earlier.)

The pitching was very good tonight. Garland was solid, MacDougal looked unhittable, Jenks was his normal self, and Contreras turned back the clock and was really popping the mitt tonight. There were a couple things I noticed about Jose's approach tonight that was encouraging. For starters, he was throwing over the top more instead of all side arm. Also, his breaking pitches had a lot more bite to it than they had in his previous starts. He just seemed really focused out there tonight. Perhaps Gavin Floyd's start on Sunday made Contreras focus on his job rather than what is bothering him in his personal life? In any case, it was a nice thing to see.

MetroPD
08-09-2007, 04:14 AM
hahaha, Uribe and Contreras...the heroes.

Go figure.
Yeah no kidding, do we go out back and commit sepuku now or later?

Railsplitter
08-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Maybe Contreras should stick to the bull pen:bandance:

munchman33
08-09-2007, 09:12 AM
gg on the first postgame post

I don't want him gone

but you got your say in, didn't you?

:rolleyes:

Maybe I should have said:

"after giving up an extra inning run with a boneheaded error that shouldn't be committed by a major league shortstop"

Seriously though, one at bat doesn't make up for a season of inadequacy. I didn't think there were still people who wanted him around. :?:

palehozenychicty
08-09-2007, 09:21 AM
:rolleyes:

Maybe I should have said:

"after giving up an extra inning run with a boneheaded error that shouldn't be committed by a major league shortstop"

Seriously though, one at bat doesn't make up for a season of inadequacy. I didn't think there were still people who wanted him around. :?:

Me neither. Only Uribe can make silly errors and then hit a walk-off to win the game and bail himself out.

voodoochile
08-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Me neither. Only Uribe can make silly errors and then hit a walk-off to win the game and bail himself out.

:manos
"cough... cough..."

Jollyroger2
08-09-2007, 09:28 AM
I still want him gone.

Me too.

And I will help pay Stone's salary if they bring him on next year instead of DJ....what an improvement...

October26
08-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Did you hear the Sox fans chanting "Jose! Jose! Jose!' last night when he came in to pitch? I thought this was great. I know Jose has taken a beating on WSI and rightly so for his poor performance this year. But you know what - I know Jose heard them and he was pumped. Jose is motivated to do well and that can only be good for the Sox.

What a great game! 3 come from behind home runs (Dye, Pierzynski and Uribe). Wow! :bandance:Oh and I love the StonePony! StonePony and Hawk sound FANTASTIC together.

fusillirob1983
08-09-2007, 09:33 AM
:hawk

"Juan Uribe is not the problem with this team. If Uribe were this team's biggest problem, we'd be in great shape." - Hawk during yesterday's broadcast

I tend to agree with Hawk that Uribe hasn't been our biggest problem this year, but seriously, the guy's hitting about .220, his OBP is about .270, and sometimes he'll have some unexcusably bad fielding.

lostfan
08-09-2007, 09:36 AM
:hawk

"Juan Uribe is not the problem with this team. If Uribe were this team's biggest problem, we'd be in great shape." - Hawk during yesterday's broadcast

I tend to agree with Hawk that Uribe hasn't been our biggest problem this year, but seriously, the guy's hitting about .220, his OBP is about .270, and sometimes he'll have some unexcusably bad fielding.
Yeah sort of like last year with Anderson, he wasn't the problem but he certainly didn't help. But at least with Anderson you knew you were getting outstanding defense all the time.

lostfan
08-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree. Why was he Player of the Game and not AJ? AJ didnt have 2 errors
Yeah, AJ basically gave Juan the opportunity to bail himself out.

HerzogVon
08-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Hard to believe that after so much frustration, this team has actually become fun to watch again.

An observation: Steve sounds even better along side Hawk than he did with the Chipster. Maybe it's the balance of voices? Oh, and Hawk sounds better, too. This is going to be as good for him as it is for us fans.

[ Svengoolie ( Rich Koz ) as Harry Caray, some years back, during the running of the movie "Zontar, the Thing from Venus":

Koz Harry - "Ya know, Zontar spelled backwards is Ratnoz. Which reminds me, how ya been lately, Steve?"

Koz Stone - "That's not funny, Harry!" ] :smile:

SoxSpeed22
08-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Home runs against Cleveland's bullpen is always a good thing. It's always good to win an extra-inning game, even with bad defense and a walk-off home run. Uribe didn't save his job with that home run, he'll still be out.
[Mr. Burns] Thank you, get out! Next! [/Mr. Burns]
The Sox can play spoiler to both the Tribe and Tigers and hopefully keep the Twins out too. For the WC, go Mariners!

palehozenychicty
08-09-2007, 11:18 AM
:manos
"cough... cough..."

Ah yes, Manos. The thing is, he's been banged up all year for the Mets, so I forgot about him. Castillo was a good move for them anyway, as he got the game-tying hit yesterday.

slavko
08-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Hard to believe that after so much frustration, this team has actually become fun to watch again.

An observation: Steve sounds even better along side Hawk than he did with the Chipster. Maybe it's the balance of voices? Oh, and Hawk sounds better, too. This is going to be as good for him as it is for us fans.

[ Svengoolie ( Rich Koz ) as Harry Caray, some years back, during the running of the movie "Zontar, the Thing from Venus":

Koz Harry - "Ya know, Zontar spelled backwards is Ratnoz. Which reminds me, how ya been lately, Steve?"

Koz Stone - "That's not funny, Harry!" ] :smile:

Koz/Sven:Local Genius of Low Humor. (and medium humor at times, too)

I agree on Stone, but not as an insult to DJ, who is not bad at his job. I just like the pitcher's perspective next to Hawk.

wassagstdu
08-09-2007, 01:23 PM
"Silly error?" "Boneheaded error?" The bloop was a play he should have made, but I don't think it should even have been an error, much less a silly or boneheaded one. He ran a long way, was at top speed when he reached the ball, and it bounced off his glove. Excellent play if he makes it. As for the throwing error, yeah that probably has to be an error -- but was Erstad at first at the time, and if so, would Konerko have saved the error?

MCHSoxFan
08-09-2007, 02:54 PM
He does not want to. :(:

balke
08-09-2007, 02:57 PM
"Silly error?" "Boneheaded error?" The bloop was a play he should have made, but I don't think it should even have been an error, much less a silly or boneheaded one. He ran a long way, was at top speed when he reached the ball, and it bounced off his glove. Excellent play if he makes it. As for the throwing error, yeah that probably has to be an error -- but was Erstad at first at the time, and if so, would Konerko have saved the error?

Not to mention he lost sight of the ball trying to make sure he didn't run into anyone. There were a lot of bodies in that area, and Josh was right in front of him drifting back. Uribe may have dove if he had more room around him.

TheVulture
08-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Did you guys see Dye give him a nice facial!

:?::o:

upperdeckusc
08-09-2007, 06:55 PM
if anyone can find a pic of uribe hitting that ball and blowing his bubble at the same time, i'd deeply appreciate it. i work with all cubs fans and that'd look very nice printed out and posted in my cubicle :D:

MCHSoxFan
08-09-2007, 09:27 PM
if anyone can find a pic of uribe hitting that ball and blowing his bubble at the same time, i'd deeply appreciate it. i work with all cubs fans and that'd look very nice printed out and posted in my cubicle :D:

I think I can help you. I will post it HERE. :D:

MCHSoxFan
08-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I hope this is okay. I did my best.

upperdeckusc
08-10-2007, 06:50 PM
I hope this is okay. I did my best.

eh well he's not swinging or blowing a bubble, but i definitely appreciate your effort in this matter :D: