PDA

View Full Version : Fogg pitching well

Huisj
04-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Another former sox pitcher with a good start (so far at least)

5 innings, no runs, 4 k's so far against the cubs.

Paulwny
04-06-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
Another former sox pitcher with a good start (so far at least)

5 innings, no runs, 4 k's so far against the cubs.

They all have one thing in common, their away from Nardi.

Huisj
04-06-2002, 05:09 PM
final line:

7 innings, 5 hits, 0 runs, 2 walks, 5 k's. not bad.

DrCrawdad
04-06-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

They all have one thing in common, their away from Nardi.

It does make one wonder.

The Cubbies much hyped line-up has been limp, so far. The Cubbies have made some marginal pitchers look like all-stars so far this season. So I don't know what this game proves for Fogg. Let's see what Fogg does the rest of the season.

There is a potential upside from Kenny's trades. Kenny's sent four pitchers to Pittsburgh. If it hurt us, let's hope that it at least helps a divisional opponent of the Cubs. That's a sad commentary on Kenny's trades, or my view of them.

BTW I don't mind getting Radio Marte or Ritchie. I just think Kenny gave up too much for these two pitchers.

-DrCrawdad.

CubKilla
04-06-2002, 06:49 PM
final line:

Didn't Fogg light up Cubs pitching for an RBI too? Thought I heard something about that on the SCORE. Sox win..... sCrUBS lose. Almost a perfect day.

DrCrawdad
04-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow

Didn't Fogg light up Cubs pitching for an RBI too? Thought I heard something about that on the SCORE. Sox win..... sCrUBS lose. Almost a perfect day.

With a runner on 3rd he sac bunted the runner in. In an earlier at bat Fogg looked completely lost when he tried to bunt and ended up whiffing.

Watching the Cub and Pirate pitchers whiff repeatedly made me think how much I hate the NL fans who talk about how the NL game is supposedly better. Yeah, nothing better than seeing a pitcher whiff with runners on base. Or seeing the 8th place hitter getting pitched around so they can get to the pitcher. Oh, the strategy!

-DrCrawdad.

CubKilla
04-06-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

With a runner on 3rd he sac bunted the runner in. In an earlier at bat Fogg looked completely lost when he tried to bunt and ended up whiffing.

Watching the Cub and Pirate pitchers whiff repeatedly made me think how much I hate the NL fans who talk about how the NL game is supposedly better. Yeah, nothing better than seeing a pitcher whiff with runners on base. Or seeing the 8th place hitter getting pitched around so they can get to the pitcher. Oh, the strategy!

-DrCrawdad.

The strategy is called "Baylor Ball." Thanks for the info DrCrawdad.

foulkesfan11
04-06-2002, 07:50 PM
Fogg was good. I'm glad he's doing well, especially against the Cubs!

bc2k
04-06-2002, 11:59 PM
final line:

Of course. Whoever said sox pitchers thrive away from nardi is 100% correct. I don't want to see former Sox pitchers fail but it does anger me when they have a pitching epiphany three months removed from nardi.

SOXSINCE'70
04-07-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

-DrCrawdad.

Amen,brother!!The DH should be universal in BOTH leagues!!
Do YOU want to see Randy Johnson or Curt Schilling hit or pitch??That is, as long as it's not to the Sox.OOPS!! Forgot the Sox play the D-Backs 40 times in ST.And face Schilling at least 20 times.At least it seems that way.

harwar
04-07-2002, 12:36 PM
I hated that trade from day one.However;If Rithchie has a good year then alls well.I'm going to wait and see how those 3 do agianst REAL BB teams.The cubs line-up is a joke,their stadium is a joke,their fans are a joke,and the cub-biased media is a bad joke.

HawkDJ
04-07-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I hated that trade from day one.However;If Rithchie has a good year then alls well.I'm going to wait and see how those 3 do agianst REAL BB teams.The cubs line-up is a joke,their stadium is a joke,their fans are a joke,and the cub-biased media is a bad joke.

I liked the trade but the only thing I didn't like was giving up Josh Fogg. I would've rather given up Matt Guerrier or something at the time. Of course the Cubs have made alot of pitchers look great out there.

One thing to remember is if we are in a playoff race, I would rather have Ritchie out there than Fogg or Kip because he is a veteran who only gets better as the season goes on, while Fogg and Kip should start to lose it since they are so young.