PDA

View Full Version : Twins want Dye; Sox offer Erstad

CHIsoxNation
08-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I wonder if this means Dye just isn't available to the Twins or if that rumored extended contract is in the works.

Pssst: Besides designated hitter Mike Piazza, left, of the Oakland A's, the Twins have tried to acquire outfielders Kevin Mench of the Milwaukee Brewers and Jermaine Dye of the Chicago White Sox. But neither is available. Instead of Dye, Chicago offered outfielder Darin Erstad, who is from Jamestown, N.D., but the Twins were not interested.

http://www.twincities.com/walters/ci_6568398

eriqjaffe
08-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Instead of Dye, Chicago offered outfielder Darin Erstad, who is from Jamestown, N.D., but the Twins laughed and said, "Oh, man, that's a good one!" An awkward silence ensued when the Twins belatedly realized that the White Sox were serious.I imagine it went a bit more like that.

Tragg
08-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Or it could have been the Twins were offering weak prospects, so the Sox thought they'd offer something more in kind.

oeo
08-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I imagine it went a bit more like that.

It sounds just like the Twins to offer absolutely nothing, which is probably the case. So add in there a nice laugh by Kenny, and a sarcastic, "I'll give you Erstad instead," and that's probably about how it went.

BTW, has Dye even passed through waivers? I'd be surprised if he did.

PorkChopExpress
08-08-2007, 11:48 AM
It sounds just like the Twins to offer absolutely nothing, which is probably the case. So add in there a nice laugh by Kenny, and a sarcastic, "I'll give you Erstad instead," and that's probably about how it went.

BTW, has Dye even passed through waivers? I'd be surprised if he did.

I'm guessing the Twins claimed him off waivers, but I have nothing to base that on other than my own omniscience.

Bobby Jenks
08-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm guessing the Twins claimed him off waivers, but I have nothing to base that on other than my own omniscience.

I believe that happened before July 31st. Thats what twins fans are telling me today