PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Cairo DFA'd

eriqjaffe
08-08-2007, 10:39 AM
If the Sox had any chance, I'd advocate claiming him to help fill the gap left by Pablo Ozuna.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgeryankees/2007/08/lots_of_moves.html

This year, there's just no point.

kittle42
08-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Someone last week said that the second or third post in every "crap player got released" thread advocates the Sox picking him up. Congrats on taking care of it in post no. 1 this time.

balke
08-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Technically he didn't advocate it. He "would have if", that's a little different.

palehozenychicty
08-08-2007, 12:14 PM
are you for real?! he can only play decently while with the yankees. and even then.....

eriqjaffe
08-08-2007, 12:30 PM
are you for real?! he can only play decently while with the yankees. and even then.....Well, "help fill the gap left by Pablo Ozuna", right?

Miguel Cairo > Andy Gonzalez

As I kind of implied, it would be a ridiculous move this year.

santo=dorf
08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Someone last week said that the second or third post in every "crap player got released" thread advocates the Sox picking him up. Congrats on taking care of it in post no. 1 this time.
Hey, I said it's usually the fifth post! :D:

The guy was clearly washed up as evident by his rehab stint with the Red Sox. He's was finished two years ago. It was a waste of money.

How come every thread about ANY released player, no matter how bad or expensive he is, somewhere around the fifth post someone asks about the Sox possibly being interested in him?