PDA

View Full Version : They were pushing grandmothers to the floor

Fenway
08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
:angry:

"Fists were flying, elbows were flying, people were digging, swinging, pulling on stuff, nobody cared about anything," said Chris Goelkel of San Francisco. "It was madness."

Alan Azem of San Mateo said, "It got to the point where people pushed other people just to get on him."
"They were pushing grandmothers to the floor," said Susan Kitchens of Campbell. "I was just trying to get away from it."

Ugly Scrum For Bonds Ball (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/08/MNDIREUUD1.DTL&tsp=1)

anewman35
08-08-2007, 06:33 PM
:angry:

"Fists were flying, elbows were flying, people were digging, swinging, pulling on stuff, nobody cared about anything," said Chris Goelkel of San Francisco. "It was madness."

Alan Azem of San Mateo said, "It got to the point where people pushed other people just to get on him."
"They were pushing grandmothers to the floor," said Susan Kitchens of Campbell. "I was just trying to get away from it."

Ugly Scrum For Bonds Ball (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/08/MNDIREUUD1.DTL&tsp=1)

What do you expect? Catching that ball potentially means hundreds of thousands of dollars.

getonbckthr
08-08-2007, 06:35 PM
350,000 or Mrs ??? hip? Hell I buy her a new hip.

The Racehorse
08-08-2007, 06:44 PM
There was plenty of heartbreak to go around. One young fan, 15-year-old Mark Jackson of Philadelphia, said he was sure he was the guy with the ball. But Jackson had fallen for the fake ball trick - during big home run scrambles, mischievous fans are known to toss other balls into the area to watch the resulting chaos.

How some get their jollies is truly pathetic.

getonbckthr
08-08-2007, 06:46 PM
How some get their jollies is truly pathetic.
Thats rediculous.

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-08-2007, 06:54 PM
What do you expect? Catching that ball potentially means hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I heard it's worth 2 Mil.

soxinem1
08-08-2007, 07:39 PM
350,000 or Mrs ??? hip? Hell I buy her a new hip.

No kidding. And as soon as someone mentions $2 million, it is their's!

Especially once BB is defrocked, then it will be worth 2 million yen!

Rockin Robin
08-08-2007, 11:09 PM
What did you guys expect?

It's like throwing a lottery ticket into a group of people and telling them to go for it.

Also, if you think you wouldn't scrap for that ball if you were sitting there, you're kidding yourself.

Nellie_Fox
08-09-2007, 02:14 AM

I heard it's worth 2 Mil.So, what you're saying is that everyone is a potential felon if the price is right? Because once somebody has possession, using force to take it away is robbery, a felony.

Nellie_Fox
08-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Also, if you think you wouldn't scrap for that ball if you were sitting there, you're kidding yourself.Putting your own values on others is called projection. No, I would not fight for the ball other than to defend myself if I was the one who had it in my possession. I would not dive into a melee, nor try to get it away from someone who already had it. Don't presume to tell me what I would do.

AJ Hellraiser
08-09-2007, 02:35 AM
that ball will sell for AT LEAST $2 MILL... it's a personal lottery ticket... I woulda done anything and everything if I felt I had the slightest chance of getting that ball

No, I am not advocating knocking over grandmothers, but if one were in my way of being set for the rest of my life I might and then pay for the medical damage later...

Hell, if I sustained a couple broken bones in the pile I'd even be okay with it when I saw the payday!

Nellie_Fox
08-09-2007, 03:20 AM
that ball will sell for AT LEAST $2 MILL... it's a personal lottery ticket... I woulda done anything and everything if I felt I had the slightest chance of getting that ball

No, I am not advocating knocking over grandmothers, but if one were in my way of being set for the rest of my life I might and then pay for the medical damage later...That is really very sad.

oeo
08-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Where are you guys getting this $2 million number from? A sports memorabilia expert was on 'First Take' today, and said it would likely go into the upper six digits, but not seven.

ilsox7
08-09-2007, 03:35 AM
That is really very sad.

It really is. Apparently there are plenty of pathetic human beings roaming these parts.

Grzegorz
08-09-2007, 05:54 AM
So, what you're saying is that everyone is a potential felon if the price is right? Because once somebody has possession, using force to take it away is robbery, a felony.

Nellie, I am with you... Some people have dignity and class and would not lower themselves to such depths for such shallow rewards. I am not sure what is worse; the individuals that participate is such despicable acts or those that seem to believe this is normal human behavior.