PDA

View Full Version : In game thread 4-6 (NOT PBP!)

MattSharp
04-06-2002, 02:29 PM
Heck of a first inning.

Thomas blew it again.

4 runsn and two great plays by Manos.

If the Sox don't win this game you might as well forget it all....

RKMeibalane
04-06-2002, 02:36 PM
He did it again in the second. He should just quit. :)

danman31
04-06-2002, 03:13 PM
Kenny Williams is at the game. Hawk said it was his birthday. He may not be a popular GM, but he has brought the Sox luck today! :smile:

RichH55
04-06-2002, 03:22 PM
We still play the unbalanced scheudle this year right?

RichH55
04-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Nice Mags! I love when the baserunner gets that extra base because the ball hits the dirt....if the pitch is in the dirt...take off....good chance you get the base

RichH55
04-06-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Nice Mags! I love when the baserunner gets that extra base because the ball hits the dirt....if the pitch is in the dirt...take off....good chance you get the base

And it saved the double play....even stat guys can appreciate the little things

MattSharp
04-06-2002, 03:28 PM
Mags is having a GREAT game. Maybe hes finally turning it on. Hopefully Frank will too.

Buehrle has only thrown 68 pitches through 4. So averaging less tha 14 an inning.

He should be able to go into the 7th which is good for the pen.

RichH55
04-06-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Mags is having a GREAT game. Maybe hes finally turning it on. Hopefully Frank will too.

Buehrle has only thrown 68 pitches through 4. So averaging less tha 14 an inning.

The starting pitching hasn't been the problem..............I think we will be fine as the season plays itself out

RichH55
04-06-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

What is the CW on getting guy innings in lower pressure situations? This isn't Foulke time usually, so do guys like Marte do well to get an inning in when you have a 8 run lead? Is that the key to getting a guy back on track? Pitching has never been my forte so someone clue me in

RichH55
04-06-2002, 03:46 PM
Vintage Big Hurt is fisting a popup over the 2ndbaseman's head?

MattSharp
04-06-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

What is the CW on getting guy innings in lower pressure situations? This isn't Foulke time usually, so do guys like Marte do well to get an inning in when you have a 8 run lead? Is that the key to getting a guy back on track? Pitching has never been my forte so someone clue me in

Yea I would think so. I think they for sure will use someone other than Foulke.

As as whole the Sox have looked real good today. Much better than they have all year long.