PDA

View Full Version : Going to the game tonight

Sufferin
08-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Would have posted earlier but I swore there used to be a section devoted to tips for attending the games around here somewhere. Anyway, any tips for attending the game with my 2 boys and the wife?:D:

I have a parking pass and pretty good seats. I seem to remember hearing something about $1 hot dogs before the games. Was that just certain games? Was I on acid when I thought I head that?

If anyone can enlighten me or point me towards enlightenment I will be very grateful.

Until them I am....

Sufferin'

(don't know how to react to this year, should I still be basking in the 05 glow or is it alright for me to be a frustrated pissed off fan again?)

itsnotrequired
08-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Two for one ballpark franks before the game.

eriqjaffe
08-07-2007, 04:53 PM
(don't know how to react to this year, should I still be basking in the 05 glow or is it alright for me to be a frustrated pissed off fan again?)If you're not frustrated and pissed off, there's something wrong with you.

:2cents:

Jerko
08-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Whoever is going to the game tonight, might I suggest 2 things:

The shower
The rain room.

It's god awful out there right now.

jenn2080
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Whoever is going to the game tonight, might I suggest 2 things:

The shower
The rain room.

It's god awful out there right now.

I just walked outside and I was just just choked by the air. IT is gross out there.

MySoxAreClean
08-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Bring Your Credit card!

Sufferin
08-07-2007, 05:14 PM
If you're not frustrated and pissed off, there's something wrong with you.

:2cents:

Frustrated for sure, and disappointed to see King Kenny is not infallible. But I don't know if I have a right to be pissed yet seeing as how the WON THE ****ING WORLD SERIES (sorry can't say that in smalls) less than 2 years ago. After all it's still better than cheering for the jokers in the blue pajama tops up north.

BTW, is section 135 under the screen, or should I get my boys' hopes up and tell them to bring their gloves "just in case"???

decolores9628
08-07-2007, 05:26 PM
BTW, is section 135 under the screen, or should I get my boys' hopes up and tell them to bring their gloves "just in case"???

There is no screen above the crowd anymore, just the one screen right behind the plate. So there could be foul balls in the area

Sufferin
08-07-2007, 05:31 PM
There is no screen above the crowd anymore, just the one screen right behind the plate. So there could be foul balls in the area

Oh that's right, I knew that. (Doh):o:

My oldest (8) always gets pissed when he doesn't catch something that comes into the crowd, so I'm almost hoping one doesn't come close to us. He still has trouble accepting the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him. Of course I know adults like that so I shouldn't complain I guess.

StillMissOzzie
08-07-2007, 05:40 PM

Section 135??? Those seats are crap, I'll take them off your hands.

IIRC, the hot dogs are 2 for 1 for the first hour after the gates open.

SMO
:gulp:

Chez
08-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Section 135 is not behind the screen. Those are sweet seats.

DumpJerry
08-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Hawk might throw tee shirts at ya during the 7th inning stretch.

Sufferin
08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Section 135??? Those seats are crap, I'll take them off your hands.

IIRC, the hot dogs are 2 for 1 for the first hour after the gates open.

SMO
:gulp:

Yeah I lucked into these season ticket ass holders. It's not what you know, it's who you know! That dog info sounds like what I remember too. Thanks everyone!