PDA

View Full Version : Matt Abbatacola is a deuche...

SpartanSoxFan
08-06-2007, 11:27 PM
So, on 670 The Score this evening, the supposed "Flagship" White Sox Station, Matt Abbatacola was giving out White Sox tickets to Sox fans who would "sell-out" and sing "Go Cubs Go" on the air. Fortunately, only one of the 4 contestants actually belted it out. Two of them said things like "the Cubs are gonna choke today" and "theres only one team in town, the White Sox have the Mojo." He was getting pissed at them. Ha. :rolleyes:

JB98
08-06-2007, 11:39 PM
We're all singing, No Cubs No!
No Cubs No!
Hey, Chicago, whaddya say?
The Cubs are gonna suck today!

SpartanSoxFan
08-06-2007, 11:42 PM
We're all singing, No Cubs No!
No Cubs No!
Hey, Chicago, whaddya say?
The Cubs are gonna suck today!

Classic. You should've called in.

Nellie_Fox
08-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Matt Abbatacola is a deuche... Really? Abbatacola doesn't sound German to me.

chisoxfanatic
08-07-2007, 02:39 AM
I really don't like Abbatacola very much myself and am surprised Hawk uses his name with one of his Hawkisms "That's an Abbatacola!"

The greatest Score guy by far is Jay Zawaski. I personally know him and he's a cool guy, intelligent, and is very respectful at all times.

Viva Medias B's
08-07-2007, 07:04 AM
After the Cubs lost in extras last night, Abbatacola was ready to jump out the window.

spawn
08-07-2007, 07:18 AM
So, on 670 The Score this evening, the supposed "Flagship" White Sox Station, Matt Abbatacola was giving out White Sox tickets to Sox fans who would "sell-out" and sing "Go Cubs Go" on the air. Fortunately, only one of the 4 contestants actually belted it out. Two of them said things like "the Cubs are gonna choke today" and "theres only one team in town, the White Sox have the Mojo." He was getting pissed at them. Ha. :rolleyes:
Well, what did he expect? True Sox fans aren't sell-outs. Serves him right!

CashMan
08-07-2007, 07:51 AM
I really don't like Abbatacola very much myself and am surprised Hawk uses his name with one of his Hawkisms "That's an Abbatacola!"

The greatest Score guy by far is Jay Zawaski. I personally know him and he's a cool guy, intelligent, and is very respectful at all times.

He is a producer, how can he be the greatest if he is never on the air?

bnlfanmatt
08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Really? Abbatacola doesn't sound German to me.

Actually, he was probably closer to douche than the German word for German, that would be Deutsch...

whitem0nkey
08-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Abbatacola has real quickly become one of my least favorite score guys. he is now next to Murphy. and Lawrence Holms has done the opposite I really enjoy him when he gets air time.

esbrechtel
08-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Abbatacola has real quickly become one of my least favorite score guys. he is now next to Murphy. and Lawrence Holms has done the opposite I really enjoy him when he gets air time.
Lawernece is awesome...

PatK
08-07-2007, 03:27 PM
If Abbatacola was really doing that, we should be writing to The Score en masse with our complaints.

That is totally bush league and unprofessional behaviour for someone on the Sox flagship station.

Sadly, The Score somehow seems to encourage anti-Sox behaviour. All I know is that keeping boneheaded jackasses like Matt and Murphy on the air are reasons why I don't listen to their station other than Sox baseball.

areilly
08-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't listen to the Score more than I have to, but I know they get their digs in on the Cubs, too. Honestly, I'd rather have a station that praises and bashes both teams where appropriate than one that just tries to be the Sox' answer to 720.

Nellie_Fox
08-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Actually, he was probably closer to douche than the German word for German, that would be Deutsch...I know; It was a joke, son.

Besides, the pronunciation of what he wrote would be far closer to Deutsch.

eriqjaffe
08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't listen to the Score more than I have to, but I know they get their digs in on the Cubs, too. Honestly, I'd rather have a station that praises and bashes both teams where appropriate than one that just tries to be the Sox' answer to 720.I'd rather have a station that can provide intelligent criticism of the Sox. Then again, WSCR wants to stay in business, so they do what they feel they have to do.

I'd say they lost me as a listener, but I never found WSCR even remotely palatable. When Ed Farmer & Chris Singleton is the best thing your station has going, it's a sad state of affairs.

MDF3530
08-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I'd rather have a station that can provide intelligent criticism of the Sox. Then again, WSCR wants to stay in business, so they do what they feel they have to do.

I'd say they lost me as a listener, but I never found WSCR even remotely palatable. When Ed Farmer & Chris Singleton is the best thing your station has going, it's a sad state of affairs.Boers & Bernsie are the best thing the Score has going for it on a day-to-day basis, even though Bernsie can get condescending at times.

Mike North hasn't been too good since he had Dan Jiggetts to bounce off of.

Mr. Man
08-07-2007, 04:50 PM
So, on 670 The Score this evening, the supposed "Flagship" White Sox Station, Matt Abbatacola was giving out White Sox tickets to Sox fans who would "sell-out" and sing "Go Cubs Go" on the air. Fortunately, only one of the 4 contestants actually belted it out.

Anyone know this "Sox Fan" who sang that god-awful song?

Revoke his Sox Fan privileges.

RowanDye
08-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Meh...the Score is a joke, so who cares? I'd take some free tickets.

FarWestChicago
08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I know; It was a joke, son.I got a chuckle out of it. :D:

soxfanreggie
08-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Holmes is good. Never agree with anyone 100%, but I know I always enjoy one of his shows. Abbatacola was trying to say that Soriano was the best leadoff hitter in the majors with .336 OBP and only 24 BB in 400+ atbats. No respect for someone that tries to make that argument.

LongLiveFisk
08-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Anyone know this "Sox Fan" who sang that god-awful song?

Revoke his Sox Fan privileges.

I was thinking the same thing. I doubt they were actual Sox fans but Cubs fans claiming to be Sox fans just to sing and get the free tickets.

As far as Madda Badda Cola, not worth getting upset about.

RadioheadRocks
08-07-2007, 09:42 PM

Now how about trying to get a Flubs fan to sing some Captain Stubby and the Buccaneers? :D:

SpartanSoxFan
08-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Now how about trying to get a Flubs fan to sing some Captain Stubby and the Buccaneers? :D:

Now that I would have no problem with, just don't expect Abbatacola to do that while he's on the clock. Maybe Lawrence Holmes will hook us up.

NardiWasHere
08-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Abbatacola was trying to say that Soriano was the best leadoff hitter in the majors with .336 OBP and only 24 BB in 400+ atbats. No respect for someone that tries to make that argument.

I believe he was saying that Soriano is the best option the Cubs have and have had in recent memory at the leadoff position.

He definitely wasn't saying best in the mlb

soxfanreggie
08-07-2007, 11:19 PM
No, I believe he was saying that, whether he meant to or not. Boers couldn't believe it, but Abbatacola and Bernstein wouldn't shut their mouths.

Grzegorz
08-08-2007, 04:46 AM
Do you know what would be nice? The Chicago White Sox moving to another radio station and an upgrade in their broadcasting teams.

GoGoGoGo
08-08-2007, 06:37 AM
No, I believe he was saying that, whether he meant to or not. Boers couldn't believe it, but Abbatacola and Bernstein wouldn't shut their mouths.

Considering that Dan Bernstein has repeatedly said that Soriano is not nearly as good as his numbers indicate and is, at best, a "good" player, I truly doubt that he "wouldn't shut up" about how great he is.

Tragg
08-08-2007, 04:17 PM
What's a deuche?

It's not cajun. Is it German or something?

:cool:

Mickster
08-08-2007, 04:41 PM
What's a deuche?

It's not cajun. Is it German or something?

:cool:

Deuche as in touché. :duel:

I think it's French. :redneck

WhiteSox5187
08-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Do you know what would be nice? The Chicago White Sox moving to another radio station and an upgrade in their broadcasting teams.
When is the contract with the Score up? I think after Mike North baiting his guys, JR is ready for a move. But honestly, they've been on practically every station other than WGN...well, WBBM I guess could take them...

whitem0nkey
08-09-2007, 08:57 AM
what about 105.9

they already have the bulls.

kevingrt
08-09-2007, 12:30 PM
what about 105.9

they already have the bulls.

Go back to 1000 and bring back Willis

MDF3530
08-09-2007, 03:58 PM
When is the contract with the Score up? I think after Mike North baiting his guys, JR is ready for a move. But honestly, they've been on practically every station other than WGN...well, WBBM I guess could take them...North is of the "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a duck" school. As irritating as he can be, sometimes you gotta give him props for his honesty.

MDF3530
08-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Go back to 1000 and don't bring back WillsFixed it for you.

Oh god, please no.

If you guys think Rongey tries to be a voice of reason when the Sox have been destroyed, Wills was even worse. Nothing existed in his Sox baseball world except blue skies, sunshine and rainbows.

kobo
08-09-2007, 05:27 PM
AM 1000's reception blows. I'm glad they are on the Score.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2007, 05:52 PM
North is of the "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a duck" school. As irritating as he can be, sometimes you gotta give him props for his honesty.
Please, he baited both Cooper and AJ. "Wouldn't you rather start today AJ?" ANY professional athlete would say yes to that. And his question to Cooper "So are you guys just gonna lay over or what?" has to be one the DUMBEST questions ever asked.

Gordon Gekko
08-10-2007, 04:23 PM
What's worth doing is worth doing for money.

Boers and Bernstein are decent, but I have a hard time believing that no one can do what Mike North, Mike Murphy or half of that staff does.

I only listen to The Score if I may not be near a computer and breaking news may warrant it. In all honesty, I would much rather listen to Michael Savage rail liberals and Bush than some jackass ask the audience what they think a team should do instead of speaking with authority. I know it's sports-talk radio, but there's a difference between insightful (i.e. Steve Stone), jackass (Mike North), unprofessional (most of their wannabe's like Abattacola) and past his prime (Mike Murphy).

ZombieRob
08-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Please, he baited both Cooper and AJ. "Wouldn't you rather start today AJ?" ANY professional athlete would say yes to that. And his question to Cooper "So are you guys just gonna lay over or what?" has to be one the DUMBEST questions ever asked.
He also grilled Coop for wanting to give Jose the start not becuse of his mere few innings againt the Tribe but becuse he makes almost 10 mil a year.IMO North was right to grill him.There is no reason Jose should be in the rotation the rest of this year.As far as an interviewer goes,I like how he aproaches his questions for the most part,He doesn't sugarcoat them like other ***kissers in the media.

hose
08-11-2007, 09:07 AM
I still had the radio tuned into the Score from last nights game and this morning when I turned it on Abbatacola was on.:o:

This guy is a total tool and has no business being in front of a mike.

I turned the radio off and wondered how in the world did this guy ever get a job in the first place? He has to be a nephew of Mike North or something.

miker
08-11-2007, 11:23 AM

Maybe when Hawk uses it, its not a compliment...like "hiney-bird!"

sox230
08-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah, like if I'm not mistaken, an Abbatacola is like a duck snort. So while an Abbatacola is a poor excuse for a hit in a sox game, that could translate to Abbatacola being a poor excuse as a talk radio host.

GlassSox
08-11-2007, 03:12 PM
After the Cubs lost in extras last night, Abbatacola was ready to jump out the window.

Crap, another missed opportunity for me. I would have liked to open the window and helped him be successful.

Frontman
08-11-2007, 03:50 PM

Here here.

I'm surprised Coop didn't walk over to the station and knock North on his rear for that one. When I see the North posters all over the concourse at the Cell, I want to vomit. He is such a windsock it ain't even funny.

I said it last year, and I'll stand by it. Fine to have the players on for interviews, but the second they become a weekly feature? Trouble. AJ was baited, and then the following week North started to get tension going between Mark and AJ, and AJ was smart enough not to fall for it a second time. (Hence also Mike North's "trump" of Mike and Mike for ratings. When you create conflict? Yes, folks will pay attention. But when the shock jock schock wears off? He'll be back in 2nd place rather quickly.) The same with Brandon McCarthy last year. I was sick and tired of every Friday him coming on and yukkin' it up with Boers and Bernstein; and then airing "his side of it all" after being traded as if he was treated unfairly.

Ozzie might overstep his comments from time to time, but his "How can I be positive when you pitch like [BLEEP]?" was exactly what needed to be said about that young man. But yet again, the Sox flagship station has a BOATLOAD of "We're following the Cubs all the way into the post season" and "Could this be the year for the Cubs?" and "Has Lou paved the path to the post season for the Cubs?" promos (of course all the while they're in second place. And not holding the Wild Card lead. So even with a better record than the Sox, they ALSO won't make the post season if the season ended at time of broadcast. Good promos there WSCR!) DURING SOX BROADCASTS; like that wouldn't bother Sox fans. Oh no, let's keep honkin' them off, since; you know, they're tuning in right now.

As far as Abbatacola? He's a 30 something year old college kid. He's freakin' Bluto from Animal House with a radio gig. I take nothing he says with any sort of substance. Think he might be a Cubs fan since, you know, the "Pub Crawl" around Wrigley is so cool!?!?!

I was one who wanted the Sox to get off of ESPN, as why play second fiddle in your own town to the Yanks/Sawks rivalry? But now? I'll be thrilled if and when they get off of WSCR.

Mohoney
08-15-2007, 02:39 AM

I like Wills, but I want NO PART of ESPN Radio.