PDA

View Full Version : Jim Beam Club

MCHSoxFan
08-03-2007, 10:22 PM
For anybody who has a Season Ticket package here, (Not sure about Ozzie plan), you have the oppertinity to buy tickets to the Jim Beam Club for single games. Price changes from Regular, Prime, and Premier games. I found this out from an E-Mail from my ticket rep. Here it is:

We would like to extend to you a special offer to purchase Jim Beam
Club (JBC) tickets for any individual games remaining this season. The
Jim Beam Club is located in the former press box on the 200 level and
tickets include unlimited food and beverage through the 7th inning. The
JBC area also remains open for one hour after the conclusion of the
game. Please note that it is a cash bar after the completion of the 7th
inning.

Tickets prices vary depending on the series and can be referenced
below. All orders include one (1) premium parking pass (Lot D) for every
two (2) tickets purchased. To purchase tickets, please complete the
attached form and fax it back to the attention of Maribeth Reese by noon at
least one day prior to the game of your choice. Orders will be filled
with the best available location on a first-come, first-served basis
and are subject to availability. Due to our limited inventory, tickets
for all games are NOT guaranteed.

Regular game dates - $260 per ticket
Prime game dates - $270 per ticket
Premier game dates - $285 per ticket

Please do not hesitate to call or email Maribeth, 312-674-5350 or
mreese@chisox.com, with any questions. Thanks and have a great
evening!

All the Best,

Dave

ChiSox524
08-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Got the same e-mail a couple of days ago.

jabrch
08-04-2007, 03:12 AM
I just can't imagine spending $300 more to go to see the team play at this point in time. I don't care if the seats are in the dugout, making out the lineup card, or even playing SS.

I'm as much a diehard as they come - but I'm certainly not interested in taking them up on this offer.

tromcoe
08-04-2007, 05:57 AM
No thanks

chisoxmike
08-04-2007, 10:37 PM
**** that. I'm not giving them $300 for a game ticket for a **** team. They're not even worth paying face value to see.

It also says you get a parking pass. I have no use for one.

BainesHOF
08-04-2007, 11:06 PM
To each their own, but I don't understand a good reason why someone would pay over $200 a ticket to see a regular game in the Scout Seats or Jim Beam section. While good, they're not the best seats in the park. The Scout Seats look through a screen and the Jim Beam section is considerably farther back and of course higher than the seats located near the on-deck circles and dugouts. It's all about status and hype and nothing to do with reality.

anewman35
08-05-2007, 12:21 AM
To each their own, but I don't understand a good reason why someone would pay over $200 a ticket to see a regular game in the Scout Seats or Jim Beam section. While good, they're not the best seats in the park. The Scout Seats look through a screen and the Jim Beam section is considerably farther back and of course higher than the seats located near the on-deck circles and dugouts. It's all about status and hype and nothing to do with reality.

Well, I wouldn't pay that much either. However, my bosses (who are Cubs fans) just went to a game in the Scout Seats (with tickets they were given) and were raving about it, especially the amount and quality of the food they got. And, really, $300 isn't far off the price of some high end concert or theater tickets these days, especially when you factor in the food. So, I'm poor so I wouldn't do it, but I could see doing it for a game if I wasn't. I'm sure there are plenty of others who take them up on the offer.

Garland_IS_God
08-05-2007, 01:30 AM
My brother works security at The Cell and is usually posted up in the Jim Beam section. He was telling me the other day that there having a hard time getting people into those seats...something about people having to purchase a 7 year contract or something bogus like that?? I wonder how long that the Beam club will be around for before they change it to something else.

On a side note, I was thinking bout doing a game for my bachelor party next season. It might be worth it depending on the team they play.

BainesHOF
08-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Well, I wouldn't pay that much either. However, my bosses (who are Cubs fans) just went to a game in the Scout Seats (with tickets they were given) and were raving about it, especially the amount and quality of the food they got. And, really, $300 isn't far off the price of some high end concert or theater tickets these days, especially when you factor in the food. So, I'm poor so I wouldn't do it, but I could see doing it for a game if I wasn't. I'm sure there are plenty of others who take them up on the offer.

I understand what you're saying, but I'd add a couple points. One, concert tickets that cost that much are overpriced as well. Secondly, the difference between a high-priced concert and a high-priced game is usually huge. A concert act commanding that kind of money can do so because the act in general consistently delivers a great show. At a game, there's much less chance that you're going to get your money's worth, or even see a good performance much less a great one.

As for the food, how much can you eat during a game to even begin to justify the ticket price?

MUsoxfan
08-05-2007, 03:45 AM
As for the food, how much can you eat during a game to even begin to justify the ticket price?

It's not something that can be justified to do all the time. However, when you buy 1 or 2 games a year it can be made into a real event that you look forward to. It's really cool to be able to park only a few steps away from the gate, walk in and get 1st class service along with anything and everything you want without having to pull out your wallet (except for tipping the servers). I buy my parents a game in the Scout Seats every year and their only hope is that Buehrle isn't pitching so that they can enjoy the seats and the benefits surrounding them for as long as they possibly can

StillMissOzzie
08-05-2007, 04:13 AM
It's not something that can be justified to do all the time. However, when you buy 1 or 2 games a year it can be made into a real event that you look forward to. It's really cool to be able to park only a few steps away from the gate, walk in and get 1st class service along with anything and everything you want without having to pull out your wallet (except for tipping the servers). I buy my parents a game in the Scout Seats every year and their only hope is that Buehrle isn't pitching so that they can enjoy the seats and the benefits surrounding them for as long as they possibly can

Can we be your parents next year?

SMO
:D:

Jason82807
08-05-2007, 04:54 AM
Regular game dates - $260 per ticket
Prime game dates - $270 per ticket
Premier game dates - $285 per ticket

They have just lowered their prices for single-game tickets. All games are now $250/ticket regardless of reg/prime/premier (same as season ticket face value).

dickallen15
08-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I actually had a comp the first row behind the Sox dugout in 2005. It happened to be the game Buerhle beat Seattle in 1:39. If I had the cash, the Jim Beam club is awesome. I was there last week in one of Jason's seats and I really wish I could be there all the time. It really is great. Its basically the best suite in the place and you have people waiting on you like you are royalty.

MCHSoxFan
08-05-2007, 10:36 AM
I buy my parents a game in the Scout Seats every year and their only hope is that Buehrle isn't pitching so that they can enjoy the seats and the benefits surrounding them for as long as they possibly can

:D:

Yeah. Last Saturday, the game ended at something like 8. Fireworks ended at 8:29. Man, I was like, I don't wanna go home.

Jerry_Manuel
08-05-2007, 11:12 AM
The Jim Beam Club is awesome.

Due to my work schedule, well former job now, I was only able to make it to a few games a year. So if you only go to 2-3 games a year, to me it was worth it. The view is awesome, the food is top notch, the open bar is great. Ron Kittle was in there when I was at the game as well. Fun all around.