PDA

View Full Version : Grinder Bash

Rocky Soprano
08-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Anyone attending tomorrow?
or Saturday?

I'll be there tomorrow, first time going, what can I expect?

chisoxmike
08-02-2007, 04:40 PM
It's a great event.

Free food and drink, beer in the patio. You get to walk the warning track, visit the dugouts, clubhouse, and bullpens.

The gift shops are open up, the trophy and ring will be there to take pictures with.

Visits to the scout seats and Jim Bean Club.

All in all, a great few hours at the park.

:bandance:

MCHSoxFan
08-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Anyone attending tomorrow?
or Saturday?

I'll be there tomorrow, first time going, what can I expect?

I will be there on Saturday at 3 PM.

Okay, it is sooo coool!!!! You get to go on the field, the visitors clubhouse, and both dugouts, you can go to the Scout lounge and the Jim Beam Club, meet fromer players, get their autoghraphs. Also, you get ALL you can eat chicken, ribs, hot dogs, and burgers in the Patio. Also, all you can drink pop/beer. Have a GREAT time!!! You will!!!!!!

Rocky Soprano
08-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks!
I am so pumped up!
Do they let you touch the trophy or wear the ring for a picture?

I'll have to take a couple of baseballs and a sharpie.

Do they let you play catch?

chisoxmike
08-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks!
I am so pumped up!
Do they let you touch the trophy or wear the ring for a picture?

I'll have to take a couple of baseballs and a sharpie.

Do they let you play catch?

Yes, yes, and yes. :bandance:

Rocky Soprano
08-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Yes, yes, and yes. :bandance:

I may just cry tomorrow. :gulp:

Parrothead
08-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Not invited to this one :whiner:

Went awhile back. it was a good time.

esbrechtel
08-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I'll be there tomorrow :bandance:

dickallen15
08-02-2007, 05:46 PM
The on the field activities have been discountinued due to Roger Bossard complaining about the condition the field was left in last season. These are always a good time. The best was a few years ago when they let you take batting practice.

BainesHOF
08-02-2007, 05:53 PM
The God of Sod is great, but he should lighten up and consider the paying customers.

skobabe8
08-02-2007, 06:18 PM
I'll be there at 10 am sharp.

They really used to let you take bp???

dakuda
08-02-2007, 09:07 PM
I am on the fence. I may not make it this year. THe person who was going to come with cancelled on me. My girlfriend is working. Everyone else I know is a Cubs fan. If I don't make it, keep an eye on the ticket exchange here and I will give mine away. Only as a last resort, of course.....:wink:

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I will be at the 10 am Bash on Saturday with my boyfriend. I can't wait! Does anyone know if they serve food and beverages at the Jim Beam Club, or is it just open to look at?

BeefyD
08-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Can I have your tickets then??? :smile:

I've only been 9-game and then 13-game holders since 2004, so I don't get these perks.

ChiSoxGirl
08-02-2007, 10:32 PM
I'll be there at 3p on Saturday! :bandance:

HotelWhiteSox
08-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Was the ring/trophy part in the invitation? Because I would guess that's not a part of it this year...

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Was the ring/trophy part in the invitation? Because I would guess that's not a part of it this year...
Yes, and I'd imagine it would be at the same place as last year--the Fan Deck.

esbrechtel
08-03-2007, 12:02 AM
The on the field activities have been discountinued due to Roger Bossard complaining about the condition the field was left in last season. These are always a good time. The best was a few years ago when they let you take batting practice.
We cant go into the OF anymore? Cuz I know that last year the infield was roped off but you could still wander the outfield...

BainesHOF
08-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Just got back from Friday's Bash. It was very well done, low key but fun. Field access is limited to the warning track, both bullpens and dugouts. You can get a picture with the trophy wearing a ring on the fan deck. Make sure to chow down on the great food. I pigged out on ribs, slaw, pasta salad and beer. Moose Skowron was signings autographs.

I would just add that it would be nice if the memorabilia so nicely displayed in the Scouts Seats Lounge was accessible to all fans.

MCHSoxFan
08-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Yes, and I'd imagine it would be at the same place as last year--the Fan Deck.

Also, section 119. I got a picture there.

MySoxAreClean
08-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Yes, yes, and yes. :bandance:Do we get to see the stripper pole underneath the field?

esbrechtel
08-04-2007, 08:55 AM
even though you couldnt go into the grass it was pretty cool that there was not time limit for the on field activities....last year you got 20 mins and then they corralled you up, but this year the doors were open and you could really enjoy your time in there instead of flying through everything. Also there were less people there this year which made the lines much shorter, and the food was amazing as usual!

itsnotrequired
08-04-2007, 09:03 AM
We cant go into the OF anymore? Cuz I know that last year the infield was roped off but you could still wander the outfield...

Bossard wasn't pleased with the damage it caused to the outfield. It wasn't like people were digging holes in it or something but all those feet did a number on the grass.

soxwon
08-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Ill be there at 3pm sat, wearing my Da Reverand sox jersey.
Step up and say hello.

MCHSoxFan
08-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Bossard wasn't pleased with the damage it caused to the outfield. It wasn't like people were digging holes in it or something but all those feet did a number on the grass.

So, that's why we were bad in the second half on 2006. :D:

MCHSoxFan
08-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Ill be there at 3pm sat, wearing my Da Reverand sox jersey.
Step up and say hello.

Me too, where will you be first? I will wearing my green hat/shirt.

soxwon
08-04-2007, 01:33 PM
ill be all ova, look for a white jersey with Da REverand, Soxwon on the back.

chisoxfanatic
08-04-2007, 04:32 PM
The thing was pretty cool once again. I even got an autograph from Beltin Bill Melton!

MCHSoxFan
08-04-2007, 06:49 PM
I just got back form Grinder Bash. IT WAS THE BEST ONE I HAVE BEEN TO. I went last year (1st annual) and today. Almost NO pople. No lines for ANYTHING, however, a short line for the food. Field, bullpen, dugout, and the clubhouse were EMPTY. Only a 5 minute wait for trophy/ring picture. Overall an A+ time.

ALL I CAN SAY IS- DO IT THE SAME NEXT YEAR!!!

dickallen15
08-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I just got back form Grinder Bash. IT WAS THE BEST ONE I HAVE BEEN TO. I went last year (1st annual) and today. Almost NO pople. No lines for ANYTHING, however, a short line for the food. Field, bullpen, dugout, and the clubhouse were EMPTY. Only a 5 minute wait for trophy/ring picture. Overall an A+ time.

ALL I CAN SAY IS- DO IT THE SAME NEXT YEAR!!!
They have had these parties for a long time but just started calling them Grinder Bash last season. I was there this morning and the emptiness was great. The only thing that would have made it better was letting us go on the field again.

soxwon
08-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Great time, took a friend who never did this sorta thing. Meet MCSoxfan, nice young guy, we need more younger sox fans.
Walked around alot, nice easy day.

MCHSoxFan
08-04-2007, 09:04 PM
They have had these parties for a long time but just started calling them Grinder Bash last season. I was there this morning and the emptiness was great. The only thing that would have made it better was letting us go on the field again.

As I said, the emptiness was most certainly a GOOD thing. I know they did not always call them "Grinder Bash". I went before 2006. Now, about the grass. I can see both sides of it. I just threw around in the visiitros bullpen. Nobody was there. They were all in the Sox pen.

ChiSoxGirl
08-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Grinder Bash was just as awesome this year as last year, but with a lot less people! The fact that there was no time limit to be on the field was cool, and we went out there just in time, as it started to rain just as we made our way in from the visitor's bullpen (that sounds so cool!).

I did my best impression of Ozzie during Game 2 of the World Series in the Sox's bullpen when I picked up the phone and said, "Bobby, you OK? Wait, wait, are you sure? I can't do this without you." Anyone who's seen the MLB World Series DVD knows what I'm talking about. :wink:

This is such a great event and I'm so glad one of my season ticket-holder friends invited me as her guest.

BTW- Did anyone notice "Max" on one of the support beam's in the field-level part of the Sox's bullpen behind the fence? Once I upload my pictures, you'll see what I mean. :tongue:

MySoxAreClean
08-05-2007, 11:12 AM
The thing was pretty cool once again. I even got an autograph from Beltin Bill Melton!

Any chance we can post pictures from the EVENT from yesterday? I was hard at work delivering The MAil.

BeefyD
08-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Funniest thing I saw was in the White Sox bullpen bench, which was scribbled: "815-347-**** Carly"

http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/7290/2941980570080477711S200x200Q85.jpg

MCHSoxFan
08-05-2007, 05:46 PM
When I was in the Sox dugout, I saw the words killer, killer, killer in one of the bat slots. When I am the batboy next year, I will look at more carefully.

soxfanreggie
08-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Carly...Cindy...Susie...oh the life of a single MLB player (if they choose).

pdimas
08-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I had a blast this year although I was kind of looking forward to walking on the softest grass I have ever felt. I took my dad as a guest on Friday and he took me as his guest on Saturday (we each have our own accounts). I got some nice pictures of my baby nephew all decked out in his Sox gear. :smile:

Rocky Soprano
08-06-2007, 10:30 AM
My brother and I went on Friday and had an awesome time.
We took some great pictures.

I had a great time running and bouncing off the center field wall and snapping pics of it.

ChiSoxGirl
08-07-2007, 11:45 PM
BTW- Did anyone notice "Max" on one of the support beam's in the field-level part of the Sox's bullpen behind the fence? Once I upload my pictures, you'll see what I mean. :tongue:
"Max" (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1837):roflmao:

redsand22
08-09-2007, 04:24 PM
"Max" (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1837):roflmao:
That's hilarious!

WS in 05
08-09-2007, 04:27 PM
I wonder who max is and why they are or were in the doghouse.....