PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi At 3rd Bse

MCHSoxFan
08-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Just now, during the C**s game on WGN, the boradcasters just said that Iguchi will play 3B when Chase comes back. They said that this is what a Philidelphia newspaper said.

oeo
08-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Just now, during the C**s game on WGN, the boradcasters just said that Iguchi will play 3B when Chase comes back. They said that this is what a Philidelphia newspaper said.

He's going to need a couple of bounces to get it over there. :tongue:

balke
08-02-2007, 02:35 PM
They'll probably be platooning with Helms and Iguchi and Utley in the infield. I don't know if I'd rather have Helms or Iguchi at 3B.

SaltyPretzel
08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
He's going to need a couple of bounces to get it over there. :tongue:

...or a relay with the pitcher.

thedudeabides
08-02-2007, 03:17 PM
...or a relay with the pitcher.

Pitchers hand out?

soxinem1
08-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Pitchers hand out?

Maybe he'll have one of these:

http://www.tbotech.com/Images/Slingshot.jpg

whitesoxfan
08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Good luck with that, Philly.

palehozenychicty
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Aah, they're just waiting for Crede to heal this offseason, then they'll try to deal for him...:D:

SBSoxFan
08-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Aah, they're just waiting for Crede to heal this offseason, then they'll try to deal for him...:D:

Crede for Iguchi? :tongue:

Foulke You
08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Are the Phils insane? Iguchi does not have the arm to play 3B. He used to be a SS in Japan but had to be moved to 2B after shoulder surgery weakened his throwing arm. Now, they are putting him on the hot corner?? As a previous poster said, good luck with that one...

Save McCuddy's
08-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Are the Phils insane? Iguchi does not have the arm to play 3B. He used to be a SS in Japan but had to be moved to 2B after shoulder surgery weakened his throwing arm. Now, they are putting him on the hot corner?? As a previous poster said, good luck with that one...

Are you guys the same posters who thought I was insane to suggest that Fields start getting some reps in left field last year?

Virtually every second basemen in the majors could play third in a pinch. The length of that throw is nowhere near as demanding as the deep throws a shortstop has to make. If the Phils make this move, I think Tadahito will acquit himself nicely at the corner.