PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Oz play the game

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Forget about the yankmee fans think about the game.
From the Buffalo News/ AP

The history-seeking crowd got a little jab earlier in the game from White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, who had John Danks throw over to first with A-Rod up and Bobby Abreu aboard.
“He threw to first on purpose a couple of times so the fans can get a nice flashbulb of that,” Rodriguez said. “I knew it was Ozzie behind [it]. I found out a couple innings later.”

SBSoxFan
08-02-2007, 10:38 AM

The history-seeking crowd got a little jab earlier in the game from White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, who had John Danks throw over to first with A-Rod up and Bobby Abreu aboard.
“He threw to first on purpose a couple of times so the fans can get a nice flashbulb of that,” Rodriguez said. “I knew it was Ozzie behind [it]. I found out a couple innings later.”

I don't get it. Flash bulb of what? If Ozzie wanted something nice for the fans he would've had Danks throw a cookie to Rodriquez.

Jerko
08-02-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't get it. Flash bulb of what? If Ozzie wanted something nice for the fans he would've had Danks throw a cookie to Rodriquez.

That's the point. Ozzie wanted the fans to get a bad/useless shot. Probably put Abreu on first on purpose just so he could **** with the fans.

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 10:59 AM

Whats the big deal if its true and he was having a little fun. The season is down the tubes they have to do something so they dont drive themselves insane thinking about their ****ty season.

SBSoxFan
08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
That's the point. Ozzie wanted the fans to get a bad/useless shot. Probably put Abreu on first on purpose just so he could **** with the fans.

oh. Or should I say d'oh? :redface:

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Whats the big deal if its true and he was having a little fun. The season is down the tubes they have to do something so they dont drive themselves insane thinking about their ****ty season.

Maybe that's part of the problem, thinking how to have fun rather than thinking how to win a game.

Chicken Dinner
08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Why do 2000 people need a shot of Arod grounding out to third? :?:

soxfanatlanta
08-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Why do 2000 people need a shot of Arod grounding out to third? :?:

To catch a glimpse of our hot prospect. Is there a semi-teal tag here?

spiffie
08-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Maybe that's part of the problem, thinking how to have fun rather than thinking how to win a game.
Yep, if Ozzie had his head in the game we would have made up that 7 run deficit.

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Yep, if Ozzie had his head in the game we would have made up that 7 run deficit.

Did he know the sox were down by 7 or was he thinking about his next Ha, Ha ?

spiffie
08-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Did he know the sox were down by 7 or was he thinking about his next Ha, Ha ?
I don't know. Do we assume that after 20+ years involved in major league baseball he might be able to keep track of the game while also thinking about something else, or is Ozzie a very simple man who can't handle that sort of complex thought?

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't know. Do we assume that after 20+ years involved in major league baseball he might be able to keep track of the game while also thinking about something else, or is Ozzie a very simple man who can't handle that sort of complex thought?

I don't know, but he did fall for the hidden ball trick a few times.

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Would this really be a big deal to you if the Sox were leading the division by 15 games? My guess is no. The players/managers try to have fun out there whether winning or losing. Perfect example was at Game 3 of the World Series , the games is tied at 5 and Konerko was playing slap and tickle with every Houston Astro that made it to first. Now here its is I remind you, game 3 of the World Series and Konerko is playing around like its a spring training game. Before you ask how I know this , it is because I was sitting even with 1st base in the 5th row. Just bringing this example up, to show you that this is not life or death for these guys and shouldnt be life or death for the fans.

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Would this really be a big deal to you if the Sox were leading the division by 15 games? My guess is no. The players/managers try to have fun out there whether winning or losing. Perfect example was at Game 3 of the World Series , the games is tied at 5 and Konerko was playing slap and tickle with every Houston Astro that made it to first. Now here its is I remind you, game 3 of the World Series and Konerko is playing around like its a spring training game. Before you ask how I know this , it is because I was sitting even with 1st base in the 5th row. Just bringing this example up, to show you that this is not life or death for these guys and shouldnt be life or death for the fans.

Players fine, managers another story. The only people in on the "joke" were in the sox dugout, none of the people watching the game or in the yankee dugout were aware of the "joke". Fine if it staid in the sox dugout, but someone in the sox dugout let a yankmee or ARod know what had occurred. It was meant to be an inside joke, it backfired. I'm losing my respect for Oz, totally unbecoming for a " leader" of a team.

Rocky Soprano
08-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Players fine, managers another story. The only people in on the "joke" were in the sox dugout, none of the people watching the game or in the yankee dugout were aware of the "joke". Fine if it staid in the sox dugout, but someone in the sox dugout let a yankmee or ARod know what had occurred. It was meant to be an inside joke, it backfired. I'm losing my respect for Oz, totally unbecoming for a " leader" of a team.

Yeah, I rather have Jerry Manuel still coaching this team. He always took the game seriously. That is the type of leader that I want for this team!

Who needs a manager that likes to keep things loose.

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I rather have Jerry Manuel still coaching this team. He always took the game seriously. That is the type of leader that I want for this team!

Who needs a manager that likes to keep things loose.

Where did I mention Manuel? Don't use your words for mine.
There are other ways to keep a team loose without making fun of the fans.
When Thome is at 499 hrs how many sox fans will be laughing when a pitcher throws to 1st base instead of the plate.

Rocky Soprano
08-02-2007, 12:10 PM
When Thome is at 499 hrs how many sox fans will be laughing when a pitcher throws to 1st base instead of the plate.

Those are my words, when did I say they were yours?

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Those are my words, when did I say they were yours?

My mistake :redface:

thepaulbowski
08-02-2007, 12:13 PM

:rolleyes:

soxfanaticpaulie

FUNG IS WINNING! WINNING IS FUNG! :redneck

Iwritecode

I doubt many people will notice. I doubt many people even noticed last night.

How many times have pitchers thrown over to first when Barry Bonds steps up to the plate now that he's 1 HR away from tying the record?

Rocky Soprano
08-02-2007, 12:17 PM
My mistake :redface:

No worries, I was kinda poking fun at everyone that is not happy with Ozzie.
I'm not a big fan of his coaching but dont mind him having some fun.

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 12:17 PM

How many times have pitchers thrown over to first when Barry Bonds steps up to the plate now that he's 1 HR away from tying the record?

I don't know because it doesn't become public knowledge it stays in the dugout .

thepaulbowski
08-02-2007, 12:24 PM

:rolling:

A couple of throws to first base and he is no longer a "leader."

I don't really understand why one would worry so much about the Yankees & their fans. The fans can delete the picture from digital cameras or if they have a film camera pay $.12 to get it developed. This thread is utterly ridiculous.

ArkanSox
08-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Who cares really? The Yankee announcer got a laugh out of it and said that Danks keeps picking off the photographers. The crowd was getting a bit pissed though. I think the funny thing is that A-Rod is about the only Yankee who hasn't homered over the past two games...ironic. They'd name a candy bar after Shelley Duncan if he could bat against Contreras, Floyd, and Danks every game.

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 12:30 PM

Again what is the big deal if it was an inside joke or not. So let me ask you this when you are at work (because remember this is a job for the players and yes managers). You never joke around with coworkers or clients. Or better yet maybe you do but your boss isnt allowed to joke around because he has to toe the line and never crack a smile? If that is the case where do I sign up for your gig.

Forgot one more thing, If i was pulling a joke on you am I suppose to tell you ahead of time? Because thats what it sounds like you are saying. If thats the case does it make it a joke?

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 12:35 PM
:rolling:

A couple of throws to first base and he is no longer a "leader."

I don't really understand why one would worry so much about the Yankees & their fans. The fans can delete the picture from digital cameras or if they have a film camera pay $.12 to get it developed. This thread is utterly ridiculous.

It's making fun of the fans and professional camera men. I've joined the crowed who think Oz's antics are getting old. To answer your question, why does Oz care about making fun of yankmee fans ?

LITTLE NELL
08-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I dont get any of this.

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 12:38 PM
It's making fun of the fans and professional camera men. I've joined the crowed who think Oz's antics are getting old. To answer your question, why does Oz care about making fun of yankmee fans ?

Like I said he is making the season bearable. You still havent answered my question about , if the Sox were 15 games ahead in the division would this be a big deal to you? He is not making fun of them he is having fun with them , that is a big difference. I bet you thought it was cute when he held up the choke sign when he was a coach with Florida. If you did then you are a hypocrite.

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Like I said he is making the season bearable. You still havent answered my question about , if the Sox were 15 games ahead in the division would this be a big deal to you? He is not making fun of them he is having fun with them , that is a big difference. I bet you thought it was cute when he held up the choke sign when he was a coach with Florida. If you did then you are a hypocrite.

I think it'd still bother me because it became public knowledge. Either Oz wanted ARod to know or someone in the sox dugout ratted on Oz. No I didn't think the "choke sign" was cute nor do I think making fun of fans is cute.
If it staid in the dugout fine a few laughs for the players but it became public knowledge.

spiffie
08-02-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't know, but it seems kind of funny that you use what I guess is a derogatory term (though really it just seems really lame) to describe the NY team while complaining about someone making fun of them.

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 12:57 PM
I think it'd still bother me because it became public knowledge. Either Oz wanted ARod to know or someone in the sox dugout ratted on Oz. No I didn't think the "choke sign" was cute nor do I think making fun of fans is cute.
If it staid in the dugout fine a few laughs for the players but it became public knowledge.

Ill agree to disagree with you but you still are staying quite about whether this would bother you if the Sox were leading the division by 15 games. So I am guessing, that it wouldnt bother you, so it shouldnt bother you now.

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't know, but it seems kind of funny that you use what I guess is a derogatory term (though really it just seems really lame) to describe the NY team while complaining about someone making fun of them.

My antics, derogatory term aren't picked up by an AP writer, big difference. Fans making fun of fans is expected.

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Ill agree to disagree with you but you still are staying quite about whether this would bother you if the Sox were leading the division by 15 games. So I am guessing, that it wouldnt bother you, so it shouldnt bother you now.

Because it became public knowledge, that's what bothers me. It makes it look as if Oz has other things on his mind and not the team. I'm sure players make fun of fans all the time but it stays in the dugout.

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Because it became public knowledge, that's what bothers me. It makes it look as if Oz has other things on his mind and not the team. I'm sure players make fun of fans all the time but it stays in the dugout.

Still sidestepped the question for the third time.

jabrch
08-02-2007, 01:08 PM
It makes it look as if Oz has other things on his mind and not the team.

If I had to watch this team, in person, 162 times this year, I'd be looking for other things to do also.

thedudeabides
08-02-2007, 01:11 PM

Are you serious? Have you ever been in a dugout, clubhouse, or even been on a team. Guys are screwing around all the time. Winning or losing, before or after the game. It doesn't matter.

I guess it should be all business all the time. I want to play for that organization. This is the most petty thing I've seen someone mad about around here all year. That's saying a lot.

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Still sidestepped the question for the third time.

If we hadn't lost a game this year I believe it still would have bothered me because it became public knowledge. An inside joke should stay in the dugout.

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 01:17 PM
If we hadn't lost a game this year I believe it still would have bothered me because it became public knowledge. An inside joke should stay in the dugout.

Sorry I dont believe you, took you to long to finally answer. It is just some cockamanie thing that disgruntled fans are going to find, to harp on, that Ozzie is an *******.

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Are you serious? Have you ever been in a dugout, clubhouse, or even been on a team. Guys are screwing around all the time. Winning or losing, before or after the game. It doesn't matter.

I guess it should be all business all the time. I want to play for that organization. This is the most petty thing I've seen someone mad about around here all year. That's saying a lot.

Where did I say players couldn't have fun ? This antic should have staid in the dugout/clubhouse.

thedudeabides
08-02-2007, 01:19 PM

Did Ozzie walk over to the dugout and tell the Yankees? Shouldn't you be mad at whoever told ARod?

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Sorry I dont believe you, took you to long to finally answer. It is just some cockamanie thing that disgruntled fans are going to find, to harp on, that Ozzie is an *******.

You're assuming a lot, I went outside for a cigarette.
I"m happy the sox won it all in 2005 and I honestly believe that'll be it for me in my lifetime so I'm not overly dissapointed with the way things have been going.

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Did Ozzie walk over to the dugout and tell the Yankees? Shouldn't you be mad at whoever told ARod?

No Oz should be mad, once again "what occurs in the dugout/clubhouse" has been leaked, or Oz wanted ARod to know.

thedudeabides
08-02-2007, 01:28 PM
No Oz should be mad, once again "what occurs in the dugout/clubhouse" has been leaked, or Oz wanted ARod to know.

Guys talk on base all the time. It's not a big deal. ESPN, who disects every pitch of the Yankees, and loves to take shots at Ozzie, isn't even talking about it. Because nobody cares. It's a harmless little joke. I can't even wrap my brain around how anybody is mad about this.

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 01:28 PM
I"m happy the sox won it all in 2005 and I honestly believe that'll be it for me in my lifetime so I'm not overly dissapointed with the way things have been going.

Did you go for a cigarette everytime I asked you? You responded to every post in which the question was asked but you avoided that part of the post. So it wasnt the cigarette.

TheCommander
08-02-2007, 01:40 PM

So you are satisfied with the one championship?? :?: So why bother following the Sox at all if you have made up your mind they won't contend for anymore championships in your lifetime? :dunno:

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Did you go for a cigarette everytime I asked you? You responded to every post in which the question was asked but you avoided that part of the post. So it wasnt the cigarette.

Forgive an old fart, who at this point in his life has a problem replying to multiple posts and multiple questions in posts. :wink:

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 01:45 PM
So you are satisfied with the one championship?? :?: So why bother following the Sox at all if you have made up your mind they won't contend for anymore championships in your lifetime? :dunno:

Because I hope I'm wrong .

TheCommander
08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Because I hope I'm wrong .

That makes two of us. :D:

KenBerryGrab
08-02-2007, 02:25 PM
The Yankees stall so much anyway -- is any team slower into the box? does any team have a slower to the plate group of pitchers as a whole? -- that messing with them in any way is acceptable to me.

IlliniSox4Life
08-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Wow, I can't believe this is that big of a deal. I actually found it to be quite hilarious, and I knew what was going on when Danks was throwing over to first (I thought it was quite obvious).

Personally, I like an organization that likes to have fun, whether it is public knowledge or not. But I guess you would prefer this guy:

http://op-for.com/mr%20burns.jpg
Mattingly! I told you to shave those sideburns! You're off the team!

Paulwny
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Personally, I like an organization that likes to have fun, whether it is public knowledge or not. But I guess you would prefer this guy:

http://op-for.com/mr%20burns.jpg
Mattingly! I told you to shave those sideburns! You're off the team!

My wife says I am that guy.

Nellie_Fox
08-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Forgive an old fart, who at this point in his life has a problem replying to multiple posts and multiple questions in posts. :wink:

My wife says I am that guy.

:tealpolice:

Teal
Not teal.

This is just not a big deal at all. Besides, fans with flash cameras don't understand that a flash only works to maybe twenty feet away. It accomplishes nothing from the stands.

FireMariotti
08-03-2007, 02:47 AM
Wow, nearly 4 pages of posts about something as silly as this. Talk about over-analysis!

southside rocks
08-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Wow, nearly 4 pages of posts about something as silly as this. Talk about over-analysis!

I think the off-season started early around here. :tongue:

soxfan1983
08-03-2007, 09:30 AM

This is the funniest thing I've heard all season! I had to re-read it a few times to make sure I read it correctly and I can't stop smiling about it. That is vintage Ozzie and I love it! GOOD JOB OZZIE! Keep it up!:)

hi im skot
08-03-2007, 10:10 AM
This is the silliest thread I've seen in a long time.

Iwritecode
08-03-2007, 10:27 AM
What a second, you're changing your story here. First you were upset that Ozzie did this at all. Now you seem to be saying that stuff like this happens all the time and it's no big deal but you're upset that it became public knowledge.

Which is it? :?:

HerzogVon
08-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Meet Percy Beemish, long suffering White Sox fan. It's August, and Mr. Beemish is slowly losing his mind over the plight of his favorite baseball team. In an attempt to soothe his anguish, he sits down at the computer and brings up WSI. Percy Beemish doesn't know it yet, but he is about to enter "The Irrelevance Zone".

Ding ding ding ding ding, ding ding ding ding, ding ding ding ding, ding ding ding ding ~ DANG!!! Whapa-ta-pa-boom! :?:

Paulwny
08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
All you guys are correct !!!!!!!!!!!
My only excuse is that I lost my mind when we/I moved to IL.