PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from the papers, radio and TV tomorrow.

It's Time
08-01-2007, 10:47 PM
The Chicago National League ball club is now in 1st place.:o:

thomas35forever
08-01-2007, 10:49 PM
OMG! Print the World Series tickets now!

pierzynski07
08-01-2007, 10:51 PM
:bundy

DumpJerry
08-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Took them long enough.

This too shall pass.

JB98
08-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chisoxmike
08-01-2007, 11:09 PM
:ohno:

They are actually tied for first. But don't expect to hear that.

Come guys, its great for the city.

JB98
08-01-2007, 11:11 PM

It won't be long before media personnel are chastising Sox fans for the refusal to "cheer for Chicago." :rolleyes:

chisoxmike
08-01-2007, 11:12 PM
It won't be long before media personnel are chastising Sox fans for the refusal to "cheer for Chicago." :rolleyes:

Yeah really. People will look at people with Sox gear on like they are terrorists.

JB98
08-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah really. People will look at people with Sox gear on like they are terrorists.

I'm going to be sure to wear my Sox gear tomorrow. **** them and their bandwagon. They can't bring me down! :cool:

chisoxfanatic
08-01-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm going to be sure to wear my Sox gear tomorrow. **** them and their bandwagon. They can't bring me down! :cool:
The day after we won the World Series, a collegue came to work wearing a Cubs jersey and hat and stormed into the main office stating "Quit living in the past...It's all about this coming year, which is OUR year!"

I hope it's NEVER going to be their year! Fortunately, I usually listen to CDs in the car and mp3's or XM Radio while here.

If they do make the postseason, watch them fall in the first round to the Dodgers, Braves, or Mets.

QCIASOXFAN
08-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Got off work at 10 and watched the last two innings with a bar full of Cub fans. The worst part of the night was settling up on the 2 beer double or noting bet that I owed one of the Cub fans.:(: Not good times around my neck of the woods.:(:

DrCrawdad
08-02-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm going go out on a limb here, but I'm gonna guess the Cubune won't be running a "SOMBER STREAK" headline any time soon.

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm glad I won't be subjected to it. However, we have the much worse situation of the collapse of the Interstate 35W bridge to deal with in the press, so maybe I'd rather be reading about the Cubs tomorrow.

It's Time
08-02-2007, 12:28 AM
The White Sox season has been over for a while now and quite honestly, they are embarrassing the fans. The focus is now all about the Cubs and they have caught a Brewers team that I think will end up in 3rd place.

They had the Cubs buried 8.5 games back just over a month ago. They have since gone into full choke mode and the Cubs have gone on a ridiculous streak.

This is very un-Cublike.:?:

kittle42
08-02-2007, 01:17 AM
The White Sox season has been over for a while now and quite honestly, they are embarrassing the fans. The focus is now all about the Cubs and they have caught a Brewers team that I think will end up in 3rd place.

They had the Cubs buried 8.5 games back just over a month ago. They have since gone into full choke mode and the Cubs have gone on a ridiculous streak.

The Cubs are one of the best teams in the NL. Everyone needs to get used to it.

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2007, 01:25 AM
The Cubs are one of the best teams in the NL. Everyone needs to get used to it.They're on a pace to win 87 games. I'm impressed.

chaerulez
08-02-2007, 01:39 AM
They're on a pace to win 87 games. I'm impressed.

I think the Cardinals proved last year number of wins don't matter as long as you make it into the postseason.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-02-2007, 01:45 AM

Why do the Brewers always start out red hot and fizzle when it really matters? That really pisses me off. :?:

oeo
08-02-2007, 02:27 AM
Why do the Brewers always start out red hot and fizzle when it really matters? That really pisses me off. :?:

Is it the end of September and I didn't know it?

The Brewers haven't played well lately, the Cubs have. That doesn't mean that they're 'choking' or 'fizzling,' it just means they're going through the motions of a 162-game season. The Cubs will have their time in the ditch before the year is up, too.

That's why digging yourself out of a hole is always tough. Sure the Cubs may have reached first place...but what happens when things stop bouncing their way? Or when Zambrano has a rough outing or two? Or when their rookies look like rookies? Etc., etc.

Maybe they won't cool off any, but history shows that most times you will. That's when that 8.5 game deficit starts to hurt again.

Steelrod
08-02-2007, 05:01 AM
If ducking tv, radio, and papers is the way to go, ducking this thread also works.

Cuck the Fubs
08-02-2007, 05:13 AM

:?: What are you smoking :?:

Just a reminder they play in a division that closely resembles a D softball league.

Even if they win the Central........that's as far as they go

Juice16
08-02-2007, 06:31 AM
A woman I work with ( casual baseball fan) went to a Sox game with her family and friends last week and the Cubs fans (which is the overwhelming majority) couldn't believe it. This one guy was like, don't you watch the news? The cubs are winning and the Sox are losing. You can make a stereotypical cub fan sitcom at my work.

bryPt
08-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Yep. My boss is a south sider, grew up in Dolton. He knows I love the Sox and hates the cub, but as he was getting ready to go to the cub game yesterday (strike one) he said that I should be pulling for the cub (strike 2) then sent me an email from his blackberry during the game that Rowand would look great next year, ON THE NORTH SIDE.

Strike Three, you are out, you are no longer a Southsider. Please move along to Lakeview.

C-Dawg
08-02-2007, 07:14 AM
The Cubs will have their time in the ditch before the year is up, too.

They always do! :smile: I'm looking forward to it.

spiffie
08-02-2007, 07:23 AM
With the team they have the Cubs should be in first place. With Soriano, Lee, and Ramirez in the lineup, and the best pitcher in the division in the rotation, the question is what the hell took so long?

That said, they're still only the fourth or fifth best team in the NL, and I would be surprised if they made the World Series. The Braves, Mets, Padres, and Dodgers are better I think.

TommyJohn
08-02-2007, 07:55 AM

They do that now.

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2007, 07:55 AM
A woman I work with ( casual baseball fan) went to a Sox game with her family and friends last week and the Cubs fans (which is the overwhelming majority) couldn't believe it. This one guy was like, don't you watch the news? The cubs are winning and the Sox are losing. You can make a stereotypical cub fan sitcom at my work.
Is she aware that we are less than two years removed from winning the World Series? Make her aware of the 99-year drought if it helps you.
Yep. My boss is a south sider, grew up in Dolton. He knows I love the Sox and hates the cub, but as he was getting ready to go to the cub game yesterday (strike one) he said that I should be pulling for the cub (strike 2) then sent me an email from his blackberry during the game that Rowand would look great next year, ON THE NORTH SIDE.

Strike Three, you are out, you are no longer a Southsider. Please move along to Lakeview.

How would Rowand agree to go there when he would get hurt about 25 times a year crashing into that rough ivy?!

MsSoxVixen22
08-02-2007, 08:07 AM
The higher they climb, the harder they fall

Railsplitter
08-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Cubs are .538, Brewers .537 First place by the width of a hair. I'm impressed

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-02-2007, 08:45 AM
When they go wire to wire, I'll be impressed.

When they hold their poise and position as other teams in their division played nearly .700 ball and almost catch them, I'll be impressed.

When they go 11-1 in the postseason, with 4 CG's by their starting pitchers, I'll be impressed.

Until then - they will remain the Cubs.

PatK
08-02-2007, 08:59 AM
To me, the most irritating thing is the attitude, cockiness, and trash talking.

When the Sox went wire-to-wire two years ago, I really didn't see much trash talking or gloating about their situation. It was more like "there's a lot of baseball to be played, let's just worry about making the playoffs".

The Cubs fans this year already made a slogan about how they're going to win it all WHILE IN SECOND PLACE!!

I've been getting jeered about the Sox, but I'm man enough to admit that they have a horrible team this year. But I don't recall trying to come up with any insult possible last year when the Sox were in the hunt until the end of the season, while the Cubs were the worst team in baseball.

It's funny, when i remind them that we're only on a 2 year championship drought, they tell me to quit living in the past. They need to quit living in the future.

palehozenychicty
08-02-2007, 08:59 AM

When they hold their poise and position as other teams in their division played nearly .700 ball and almost catch them, I'll be impressed.

When they go 11-1 in the postseason, with 4 CG's by their starting pitchers, I'll be impressed.

POTW

Frontman
08-02-2007, 09:02 AM
And if Milwaukee takes and beats the Cubs down the stretch, then what will the story be?

If the Cubs get to the playoffs? Been there, done that.

Even if, (God help us all) if they win the title?

The Sox got their first two years ago.

Nothing that happens on the North side will phase me.

TomBradley72
08-02-2007, 09:19 AM
*It's Gonna Happen!

*Just like it did in 1969,1977,1984,1989,1998,2003...

downstairs
08-02-2007, 09:19 AM

Agreed. They have as good of a chance of getting to the World Series as some 4-5 other teams. Call the NL weak all you want (it is)... they still get to send someone to the World Series for a simple 7-game series.

Thank God I live 900 miles away now!

downstairs
08-02-2007, 09:21 AM

Would you have been less impressed and excited about 2005 if the Sox got caught by Cleveland, had a dismal end of season, barely got in with a Wild Card... then won the WS after taking each series to the final game (5,7,7)?

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 09:22 AM

Actually if the season ended right now they would be in first place by percentage points:tongue:

Is she aware that we are less than two years removed from winning the World Series? Make her aware of the 99-year drought if it helps you.

How would Rowand agree to go there when he would get hurt about 25 times a year crashing into that rough ivy?!

Yeah because thats what free agent outfielders think of first when talking with the Cubs:rolleyes:

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Would you have been less impressed and excited about 2005 if the Sox got caught by Cleveland, had a dismal end of season, barely got in with a Wild Card... then won the WS after taking each series to the final game (5,7,7)?

No. Not sure I understand your point.

The Sox won the 2005 WS. When the Cubs face the competition the Sox did in 2005, then, I will listen to how "great" this team is. If the Cubs win it all in 2007, good for them. I will be the first person come Opening Day, 2009 to tell them to stop living in the past.

Cuck the Fubs
08-02-2007, 09:29 AM
See here's what really pops my cork............

When the Sox were making their run in 05, you didn't see much Go Sox stuff everywhere till the playoffs. Again in 06, when the Sox piled up 90 wins everyone was talking about the Cubs cause the Sox winning was "expected".

Granted, they have put on an impressive spurt here, but can anyone explain to me why on a pace bus today I saw " Go Cubbies " flashing inbetween the route destination on the led signs........they are in 1st place for the 1st time....and already I have to see this?!?!?!?:angry::angry::angry::angry:

God help me if this keeps up.......

kjhanson
08-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Agreed. They have as good of a chance of getting to the World Series as some 4-5 other teams. Call the NL weak all you want (it is)... they still get to send someone to the World Series for a simple 7-game series.

Thank God I live 900 miles away now!

I would argue this point with you. The Mets and Braves, especially with their moves, are much better teams, and I would say they have a better chance of getting to the World Series than the Cubs. Additionally, there's no way the Padres lose in the 1st round of the playoffs when they can throw Peavy and Young 4 of 5 games. If the Cubs get to the World Series (they won't (http://womsports.com/Feature/mlb.html)) they'll really have to earn it.

And to your last comment. Yes, thank God I now live .5 miles away! It's been a disaster hearing these punks get out after night games, and I've only lived there a month.

jdm2662
08-02-2007, 09:47 AM

I was the exact opposite in 2005. While none of my Cub fans where cheering for the Sox, I flat out said, good. Stay on the north side. Continue to tell me how cool it is to be a Cubs fan, how awesome Wrigley is, the greatness of Wood and Prior, etc. The White Sox are my team not yours. Stay off the bandwagon. Cub fans were getting pissy and offended in 2003 when people wouldn't root for their Cubbies. When people said they hated the Sox, I said, good!

As for some of you saying how the Cub fans will start talking trash, etc. Well, that doesn't bother me, either. Everytime I come back and say, what's winning a World Series like? I don't hear it again...

kittle42
08-02-2007, 09:56 AM
To me, the most irritating thing is the attitude, cockiness, and trash talking.

When the Sox went wire-to-wire two years ago, I really didn't see much trash talking or gloating about their situation. It was more like "there's a lot of baseball to be played, let's just worry about making the playoffs".

The Cubs fans this year already made a slogan about how they're going to win it all WHILE IN SECOND PLACE!!

I've been getting jeered about the Sox, but I'm man enough to admit that they have a horrible team this year. But I don't recall trying to come up with any insult possible last year when the Sox were in the hunt until the end of the season, while the Cubs were the worst team in baseball.

It's funny, when i remind them that we're only on a 2 year championship drought, they tell me to quit living in the past. They need to quit living in the future.

How true. Just more arrogance from a fan base that acts like their franchise is the Yankees when they are more like the Devil Rays.

goon
08-02-2007, 10:35 AM

:smile: Well, as a native of a Northern Chicago suburb and a third generation Sox fan AND someone who lives in Lakeview, I can safely say that there are a few Sox fans living here with me. I emphasize the word "few". I absolutely love walking down the street on gamedays with my Sox hat on and having Cubs fans roll down their window and scream at me, it's very amusing.

Some people on the Northside appreciate good baseball, which is while we'll never understand cheering for the Cubs.

Chicken Dinner
08-02-2007, 10:39 AM
This just makes the impending collapse so much more special.
It's kind of funny that only true Cub fans realize this. :smile:

Palehose Pete
08-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Go Bears.

Here's the thing about the Cubs - since June, I think, they are winning at around a .640 clip or like that. That's the best winning percentage in the NL. Sort of reminds of, hate to say, the '03 Marlins who started off in the cellar and then went on a tear starting in June. And we all know what happened that year...

MCHSoxFan
08-02-2007, 12:22 PM

YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!

At my school, a lot of people are C**s fans!!! It is on 64th street!!!! C'MON!!!! I tried to go to a high school in Bridgeport just to get away from them!!! SOX WON IN 2005. Cubs did not go to the WS in 2003. Lastly:

THIS SEASON IS NOT OVAH!!!!!!!

MCHSoxFan
08-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Do you think the Cubs will win/go to the WS?

MCHSoxFan
08-02-2007, 12:30 PM
No. Not sure I understand your point.

The Sox won the 2005 WS. When the Cubs face the competition the Sox did in 2005, then, I will listen to how "great" this team is. If the Cubs win it all in 2007, good for them. I will be the first person come Opening Day, 2009 to tell them to stop living in the past.

Don't you mean the Home Opener in 2008?

kjhanson
08-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Go Bears.

Here's the thing about the Cubs - since June, I think, they are winning at around a .640 clip or like that. That's the best winning percentage in the NL. Sort of reminds of, hate to say, the '03 Marlins who started off in the cellar and then went on a tear starting in June. And we all know what happened that year...
I would take their recent success with a grain of salt. After sweeping us, they had two impressive series back-to-back, at home against the Brewers and Rockies where they went 5-1. Then their next 4 series were against Washington, Pittsburgh, Houston and San Francisco. They went 1-2 against the D'backs, then got the privilege of playing St. Louis and Cincinnati. Starting with us, they came out of that stretch 23-9 against teams, now get this, a combined 72 games UNDER .500 (.466)! Teams with similar winning percentages include the Orioles, A's and Marlins. Those are not good baseball teams.

spiffie
08-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Do you think the Cubs will win/go to the WS?
If they make the playoffs I'll give them a 1 in 4 chance of making the WS. If they get to the NLCS, I'll say their odds are 50-50.

areilly
08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!

At my school, a lot of people are C**s fans!!! It is on 64th street!!!! C'MON!!!! I tried to go to a high school in Bridgeport just to get away from them!!! SOX WON IN 2005. Cubs did not go to the WS in 2003. Lastly:

THIS SEASON IS NOT OVAH!!!!!!!

Are you serious? Not just about the school, but about the season - it's over. The Sox CANNOT lift themselves out of the hole they've dug.

Let the Cubs have it. I hate them as much as anyone but I can't sway popular opinion and I can't undo decades of propaganda and brilliant marketing on the Cubs' part. I'll be laughing my ass off if they fall apart, but I'm not going to pout if they make anything of their recent success.

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Don't you mean the Home Opener in 2008?

Nah he meant 2009 the stop living in the past is a favorite line of Cub fans to Sox fans now.

RadioheadRocks
08-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Actually if the season ended right now they would be in first place by percentage points:tongue:

And if grandma had cajones she'd be grandpa.

TommyJohn
08-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Nah he meant 2009 the stop living in the past is a favorite line of Cub fans to Sox fans now.

As it was in 2006.

Is anyone else annoyed by that bull****? Seeing it has really, really, really,
really, really, really, really, really, REALLY worked my last nerve.
I mean, what is Wrigley Field all about? The appeal is that it's old, right?
And why put up a statue of Ernie Banks? He last played in 1971. Get over
it already, right?

Jerkoffs.

RadioheadRocks
08-02-2007, 04:11 PM

Brew Crew biting the big one as we speak... down 12-3, bottom of the 9th. :angry:

Ooooooh they got a run in the bottom of the 9th... 12-4... oh happy day!!!

MCHSoxFan
08-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Are you serious? Not just about the school, but about the season - it's over. The Sox CANNOT lift themselves out of the hole they've dug.

Let the Cubs have it. I hate them as much as anyone but I can't sway popular opinion and I can't undo decades of propaganda and brilliant marketing on the Cubs' part. I'll be laughing my ass off if they fall apart, but I'm not going to pout if they make anything of their recent success.

No, I meant the Brewers can still win the division. I am not talking about how the Sox can come back and win.

soxfan13
08-02-2007, 05:27 PM
As it was in 2006.

Is anyone else annoyed by that bull****? Seeing it has really, really, really,
really, really, really, really, really, REALLY worked my last nerve.
I mean, what is Wrigley Field all about? The appeal is that it's old, right?
And why put up a statue of Ernie Banks? He last played in 1971. Get over
it already, right?

Jerkoffs.

You really cant be pissed that they put up a statue of one of their greatest players ever.

RadioheadRocks
08-02-2007, 05:31 PM
You really cant be pissed that they put up a statue of one of their greatest players ever.

I concur... never been a fan of the Cubs but you can't deny Banks is one of their greatest players of all-time and is certainly worthy of having a statue in his honor at Wrigley.

esbrechtel
08-02-2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.kare11.com/assetpool/images/06101711437_green-tirad-hd.jpg
If you want to Crown them! Then Crown their ass!

MDF3530
08-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Being the one of the best teams in the National League is akin to being one of the taller midgets.

Frontman
08-02-2007, 05:44 PM
I concur... never been a fan of the Cubs but you can't deny Banks is one of their greatest players of all-time and is certainly worthy of having a statue in his honor at Wrigley.

Agreed. If the Sox put up statues to past greats like Billy Pierce, Carlton Fisk, Minnie Minoso; the Cubs should honor their greats (especially Ron Santo. He may never get into the HoF, but having him get a statue like Ernie? That would make up for Joe Morgan's hatred of the man a bit.)

JB98
08-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Agreed. If the Sox put up statues to past greats like Billy Pierce, Carlton Fisk, Minnie Minoso; the Cubs should honor their greats (especially Ron Santo. He may never get into the HoF, but having him get a statue like Ernie? That would make up for Joe Morgan's hatred of the man a bit.)

Naturally, which is why it's foolish for Cubs fans to continue to tell Sox fans to "stop living in the past." A proud past should be celebrated.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Is it the end of September and I didn't know it?

The Brewers haven't played well lately, the Cubs have. That doesn't mean that they're 'choking' or 'fizzling,' it just means they're going through the motions of a 162-game season. The Cubs will have their time in the ditch before the year is up, too.

That's why digging yourself out of a hole is always tough. Sure the Cubs may have reached first place...but what happens when things stop bouncing their way? Or when Zambrano has a rough outing or two? Or when their rookies look like rookies? Etc., etc.

Maybe they won't cool off any, but history shows that most times you will. That's when that 8.5 game deficit starts to hurt again.

I'm not saying they're going to choke yet, I know it's too early to start making predicitions. I said in my post that's what they usually do.

Frontman
08-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Naturally, which is why it's foolish for Cubs fans to continue to tell Sox fans to "stop living in the past." A proud past should be celebrated.

Exactly. If one keeps pointing to a great team (lets say the 85 Bears, for "neutral ground" as it were) whenever confronted by a current Bears teams lack of performance; that's living in the past.

However, if you enjoy watching a NFL film of Walter Payton for who Walter was, that's honoring a great (if not the greatest) Bear of all time.

Comparing Cedric Benson to Walter? Now THAT is living in the past.

Viva Medias B's
08-02-2007, 08:11 PM
If you want to talk about how Cub fans live in the past, how about their neverending love for the 1969 Cubs?

JB98
08-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Exactly. If one keeps pointing to a great team (lets say the 85 Bears, for "neutral ground" as it were) whenever confronted by a current Bears teams lack of performance; that's living in the past.

However, if you enjoy watching a NFL film of Walter Payton for who Walter was, that's honoring a great (if not the greatest) Bear of all time.

Comparing Cedric Benson to Walter? Now THAT is living in the past.

I've always felt that Cubs fans and some members of the Chicago media like to deny the Sox their place in history. The Sox have been playing baseball in Chicago since 1901. It's like some don't realize that we are a historic, traditional franchise just as the Cubs are. It just so happens that our old-time stadium got torn down 17 years ago.

areilly
08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Being the one of the best teams in the National League is akin to being one of the taller midgets.

That may be, but four of those midgets get a shot at taking home the championship.

(Note to Mods: can we put a moratorium on the "tallest midget" phrase? Please? Pretty please?)

TommyJohn
08-02-2007, 11:34 PM

Ummmm....I never stated that I was pissed that they put up a statue of
Ernie Banks. I am merely applying the "quit living in the past" crap that
some dopes whip out back at them. If we shouldn't live in the past at all,
then let's go all the way and not put up statues of players or swoon with
nostalgia over an old ballpark. That could also be construed as "living
in the past."

MarySwiss
08-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Well, gang; here's the thing that I find most troubling. Last year, the Cardinals managed to somehow win the WS with a less-than-stellar team, so it (shudder!) CAN be done!

OTOH, in 2005, we went 11-1 against some pretty stiff competition, so unless the Cubs can hang on to win their division and then go 11-0, I will always be able to find something to use to slap their fans around.
This despite the fact that I would win $300 for $20 wagered if they won the WS. (I recently decided not to give the money to my husband even though I made the bet for him. If they did manage to win, I'm pretty sure I would NOT be in a "giving" mood! The hell with him; it was my $20.)

But, c'mon! Who are we kidding here? They'll choke. It's just taking longer is all.

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2007, 11:51 PM
But, c'mon! Who are we kidding here? They'll choke. It's just taking longer is all.
Maybe we should team-up and do a "special" TBGR the day they're eliminated! :cool:

MarySwiss
08-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Maybe we should team-up and do a "special" TBGR the day they're eliminated! :cool:

Heather, I do believe that's a plan! :D:

WizardsofOzzie
08-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Are you kidding? They are a whopping 7 games over .500 and their record wouldn't put them in first place in any other division in the league. In fact the only division they'd be above 3rd place other than the NL Central is the NL East where they would be in 2nd, .5 games over Philly.

kittle42
08-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Are you kidding? They are a whopping 7 games over .500 and their record wouldn't put them in first place in any other division in the league. In fact the only division they'd be above 3rd place other than the NL Central is the NL East where they would be in 2nd, .5 games over Philly.

Blah, blibbidy blah blah. They have the best record in baseball over the past few months. They're for real, at least in the NL. But keep telling yourselves anything you need to say to make you feel better.

palehozenychicty
08-03-2007, 09:21 AM

Exactly.

SBSoxFan
08-03-2007, 09:43 AM

Don't they have a statue of Harry Caray?

cws05champ
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Don't they have a statue of Harry Caray?

Yea...it really says something about the difference between the North and South side. The Sox have statues of former All-time great players and the Cubs have a statue of an announcer! Shows you where the focus is of the franchises....one players on the field, the other PR and marketing.