PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox blow, but umpires suck 8-1 loss thread

Frater Perdurabo
08-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Well, that sucked. Ugh.

EDIT: The date is the final score. Double Ugh.

Grzegorz
08-01-2007, 10:14 PM
One word sums it up best: disgusted.

MCHSoxFan
08-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Stopped watching after fourth. I just knew they would lose. However, I did see Pods make that GREAT catch. Unfortuantely, it did not mean a dang thing.

NO HR FOR A-ROD!!!!! :D:

Patrick134
08-01-2007, 10:15 PM
One word sums it up best: disgusted.

Amen, those umps are insane.

Grzegorz
08-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Please save us fans from the sweep Mr. Garland!!!

oeo
08-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Didn't see the game...umpires again? What'd they do this time?

Frater Perdurabo
I'm copying and pasting this from the game thread. Feel free to direct your displeasure with the horse manure umpiring to:

Baseball Commissioner Office
777 E Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53202
(414) 225-8900 x 115

Corlose 15
Didn't see the game, what happened with Paulie, Haeger and Ozzie?

Frater Perdurabo
Didn't see the game...umpires again? What'd they do this time?

Without warning, Haeger got tossed for accidentally hitting a Yankee batter with a knuckle ball!

whitesoxfan
08-01-2007, 10:18 PM
For those of us that didn't watch, what exactly happened with the umps?

Viva Medias B's
08-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I have been watching coverage of the Minneapolis bridge collapse. Did Hawk go nuts on the umps tonight?

oeo
08-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Without warning, Haeger got tossed for accidentally hitting a Yankee batter with a knuckle ball!

What a ****ing joke...

Frater Perdurabo
08-01-2007, 10:22 PM
I have been watching coverage of the Minneapolis bridge collapse. Did Hawk go nuts on the umps tonight?

Yes, and justifiably so.

Normally it's despicable for fans of a losing team to start nitpicking the umpires/referees.

But in this case, we all can admit that the Sox played like dog vomit these past two nights.

Still, any objective person would agree thatthe umpiring has been atrocious.

I think ondafarm is right in this respect - some MLB games are "rigged."

Frater Perdurabo
08-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Next time this crew comes to the Cell, I hope Brooks can throw together a "Sox eyeglasses night" sponsored by LensCrafteres or Pearle.

Brian26
08-01-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm copying and pasting this from the game thread. Feel free to direct your displeasure with the horse manure umpiring to:

Baseball Commissioner Office
777 E Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53202
(414) 225-8900 x 115

I left a very polite message for Mr. Selig. Remember it doesn't help the cause to leave a raving-lunatic type of message.

Brian26
08-01-2007, 10:29 PM

This had nothing to do with rigging the game. It's just a case of an out-of-control egomaniac umpire who doesn't think he's accountable to anyone.

oeo
08-01-2007, 10:37 PM
This had nothing to do with rigging the game. It's just a case of an out-of-control egomaniac umpire who doesn't think he's accountable to anyone.

It's not rigged, but something is going on here. Once Ozzie was tossed yesterday, we've been on the 'bad side' of these umpires or something. Cuzzi was a ****ing prick last night, and you all know how they like to stick up for each other. They hold grudges too, so we'll probably have trouble with these guys for a long time.

Patrick134
08-01-2007, 10:39 PM
It's not rigged, but something is going on here. Once Ozzie was tossed yesterday, we've been on the 'bad side' of these umpires or something. Cuzzi was a ****ing prick last night, and you all know how they like to stick up for each other. They hold grudges too, so we'll probably have trouble with these guys for a long time.

Each side can hold grudges. The thing is, Ozzie's grudge has no bearing on the integrity of the game.

tacosalbarojas
08-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I left a very polite message for Mr. Selig. Remember it doesn't help the cause to leave a raving-lunatic type of message.
I'm sure the Sox will be sending tape of the eighth inning tonight to the office. That vicious knuckler really will teach those Yanks to stay off the plate - heck Cano could be sore for about three and a half nanoseconds.

Frater Perdurabo
08-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Any sport that tolerates incompetence, ineptitude, ignorance or insolence among its officials/umpires/referees violates the trust of the fans.

At least David Stern has the smarts to acknowledge that the Tim Donaghy scandal is the "low point" of his tenure as commissioner. Maybe Stern is part of the problem; maybe he's not. But even the most tin-foil hat conspiracy theorist cynic among us has to admit that at the very least Stern is willing to make it look like he's going to do something about it.

What will it take for Selig to say or do anything about the skunk vomit that his sanctimonious, imperious umps produce?

oeo
08-01-2007, 10:50 PM
A good thing for tomorrow: all the Yankees are doing is hitting homeruns; Garland is a ground ball pitcher. He should pitch a complete game shut out.

Frater Perdurabo
08-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Fans of the CBS show Jericho sent packages of nuts to CBS to protest the cancellation of the show. CBS officials finally relented and agreed to bring the show back as a midseason replacement in early 2008.

I say we send our worn out contact lenses (that we'd throw out anyway) to Bud Selig.

HotelWhiteSox
08-01-2007, 11:04 PM
This is rough, here's something to ease the pain http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70600

Droso5
08-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Fans of the CBS show Jericho sent packages of nuts to CBS to protest the cancellation of the show. CBS officials finally relented and agreed to bring the show back as a midseason replacement in early 2008.

I say we send our worn out contact lenses (that we'd throw out anyway) to Bud Selig.

OR maybe someone, sometime soon can send the White Sox a decent baseball team that can score runs with 2 on and no outs. I'm only asking for one single run though....good knows I don't want to shoot for the moon.

santo=dorf
08-01-2007, 11:09 PM
A good thing for tomorrow: all the Yankees are doing is hitting homeruns; Garland is a ground ball pitcher. He should pitch a complete game shut out.
Garland has a GO/AO of 1.06. That's a neutral pitcher.

Droso5
08-01-2007, 11:25 PM
It seems this *Official Post Game Thread*(tm) is about as inviting to enter as a room filled with spent nuclear fuel rods! :D:

I'll bite, this team sucks even with the awful umpiring that bordered on criminal. Danks yet again proves that he is good sometimes, serviceable other times and downright meatball tossin' in between....put a a few good innings together for a change Danks!

-Thome and AJ cannot hit leftys to save their lives. Unless AJ tries to go opposite field. When he feels like it....when he doesn't swing at balls on the first pitch and pop it up to the infield with runners on base....sigh.
-Danks is inconsistent (I still have high hope for him)
-Inability to score with runners in SP.
-Our bullpen wasn't too bad. Although it still sucks.
-Haeger?
-Why in gods name was Fields batting 2nd?
-Why in gods name was AJ batting after Paulie when we know AJ cannot hit lefties? (save the early double). Total "rally" killer. Or at least total "hey lets at least score one more run" killer.

Rant?! I think so!!!:o:

oeo
08-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Garland has a GO/AO of 1.06. That's a neutral pitcher.

Wow, that surprises me.

JB98
08-02-2007, 12:01 AM
It seems this *Official Post Game Thread*(tm) is about as inviting to enter as a room filled with spent nuclear fuel rods! :D:

I'll bite, this team sucks even with the awful umpiring that bordered on criminal. Danks yet again proves that he is good sometimes, serviceable other times and downright meatball tossin' in between....put a a few good innings together for a change Danks!

-Thome and AJ cannot hit leftys to save their lives. Unless AJ tries to go opposite field. When he feels like it....when he doesn't swing at balls on the first pitch and pop it up to the infield with runners on base....sigh.
-Danks is inconsistent (I still have high hope for him)
-Inability to score with runners in SP.
-Our bullpen wasn't too bad. Although it still sucks.
-Haeger?
-Why in gods name was Fields batting 2nd?
-Why in gods name was AJ batting after Paulie when we know AJ cannot hit lefties? (save the early double). Total "rally" killer. Or at least total "hey lets at least score one more run" killer.

Rant?! I think so!!!:o:

Lefties were hitting .310 off Pettitte entering tonight's game. AJ had two hits off him. I believe Owens had two hits off him. Pods had that triple.

I would have stacked the lineup with lefties. If I'm managing, Erstad and Richar would have been in there tonight.

Droso5
08-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Wow, this thread could get moving if Horsemaster Fred was posting.....I know I know I was just sayin'.:rolleyes:

Droso5
08-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Lefties were hitting .310 off Pettitte entering tonight's game. AJ had two hits off him. I believe Owens had two hits off him. Pods had that triple.

I would have stacked the lineup with lefties. If I'm managing, Erstad and Richar would have been in there tonight.

Touche! I stand corrected.

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2007, 12:17 AM
At least Danks didn't look as pathetic as Contreras did out there...if you want to grasp for straws in this one.

soltrain21
08-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Danks yet again proves that he is good sometimes, serviceable other times and downright meatball tossin' in between....put a a few good innings together for a change Danks!

He has put good innings together. Plus, he is a rookie; what more do you want from him?

Really, he has been one of the few bright spots of the year. KIDS GOT MOXY!

oeo
08-02-2007, 12:34 AM
At least Danks didn't look as pathetic as Contreras did out there...if you want to grasp for straws in this one.

Danny Wright looked better than Contreras right now.

DeadMoney
08-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Just saw Haeger get tossed on BBTN's 'Out of the Ordinary'. The only thing I have to say is, the look on Joe Torre's face is priceless and further proves what we already knew; which is, what was the umpire thinking!? Torre looked down the bench with the look of 'Did everyone just see that, because I don't think I've seen that before!?'

The team still played miserable and the umpires couldn't help the Sox if they were making these calls in our favor, but COME ON!

PAPChiSox729
08-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Danny Wright looked better than Contreras right now.

I wonder if he is still interested in moving to the 'pen...

Lip Man 1
08-02-2007, 12:53 AM
From whitesox.com. I thought the choice of words used to describe the umpiring were interesting, given that this is a site run by MLB:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20070801&content_id=2123214&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Lip

SoxSpeed22
08-02-2007, 01:19 AM
From whitesox.com. I thought the choice of words used to describe the umpiring were interesting, given that this is a site run by MLB:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20070801&content_id=2123214&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

LipEven the guys on YES said that was bull**** in the highlight reel.

IlliniSox4Life
08-02-2007, 02:53 AM

Lip

Wow. I didn't see the play, but that was pretty much the worse call I have ever seen. Torre looked like he was thinking "what the hell is going on? I've heard people say this game is rigged in our favor, but I didn't believe it until...did he seriously just get thrown out? Hey, Jeter, did the ump just throw out that guy for hitting Cano with a knuckler? He did? Holy crap, now all those championships make sense."

harwar
08-02-2007, 07:48 AM

Like my old buddy who lives in nevada says,"the fix is in today".
Anyone who is plugged in (like he used to be)knows that all marked games are tweaked here and there.
If you know when and where to look its not hard to see.
I put some semi-serious money on the yankees - cubs & red sox - cubs world series because i was told that baseball was not going to allow another very low interest post season to happen.

VenturaFan23
08-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Reggie Jackson....

Now added to the list.......Robinson Cano and Shelley Duncan :rolleyes:

CharlieN2008
08-02-2007, 01:44 PM
I just got word they sent Charlie back to Knights! That sucks!!! The Umps were ridiculous. A knuckler for christ sake. obviously the ump can't tell the difference in pitches. did you see that ball dance?

JungleJimR
08-02-2007, 02:55 PM
I just got word they sent Charlie back to Knights! That sucks!!! The Umps were ridiculous. A knuckler for christ sake. obviously the ump can't tell the difference in pitches. did you see that ball dance?

As I tried to explain to the Yankee fans in the right field bleachers last night that Haeger is - "but he is a knuckleball pitcher", I realized how ridiculous the whole situation was and that the f...in home plate ump just wanted to join in with the rockin stadium crowd - to just keep the party goin.

It was fun to see some southsiders from Evergreen Park after the game though!