PDA

View Full Version : Who's not renewing season tickets next year?

nevr say dye sox
08-01-2007, 05:04 PM
How soon do you think money will be due after the season, to renew season tickets after the season is over. Certainly it will be due way before we can see any off season pick up's. Has this concerned anybody? How many season ticket holder do you think will bail?

soxfan80
08-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Unless they have KILLER seats, I say 6-9k seats will be dropped.

jabrch
08-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Unless they have KILLER seats, I say 6-9k seats will be dropped.

Good riddance to the bandwaggoners!!!

barryball
08-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I dis-agree that 6-9k will drop. I think it depends upon what changes are made in the off-season. Winning the 2005 WS still holds some permanent residual value and I would expect at least one more year of similar attendance and season tix sales. If the off-season is deemed as a positive change than there will be lots of enthusiasm. If next season starts strong lots of people will jump back-on.

DumpJerry
08-01-2007, 05:22 PM
First invoice payments are due in November as always.

I expect well over 90% of the Full Season people to renew. We don't get scared off easily. The partial plans might see 80-90% renewal, probably higher.

If I'm lucky, I figure I might move one section (currently 112). The closer you get to Home, the more hard-core the ticket holders are.

spiffie
08-01-2007, 05:32 PM
I am probably going to have to drop down to an Ozzie plan next year as I just closed on my new domicile, but once everything gets settled in there hopefully i can pick back up as a weekend plan holder.

Luke
08-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I might go from a 27 to a 13 game plan, but that's because my schedule hasn't allowed me to go to many of my games this year. If my summers weren't so busy I would do 27 again.

Luke
08-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I am probably going to have to drop down to an Ozzie plan next year as I just closed on my new domicile, but once everything gets settled in there hopefully i can pick back up as a weekend plan holder.

Yeah,that too, takes a bite out of the season ticket fund!

jdm2662
08-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I doubt I will be attending too many games next season. I have a wedding to plan. My funds have already gone dry, and it's not until next July...

Steelrod
08-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I love my seats and my team. Will forever renew!

Sargeant79
08-01-2007, 06:24 PM
I might go from a 27 to a 13 game plan, but that's because my schedule hasn't allowed me to go to many of my games this year. If my summers weren't so busy I would do 27 again.

I may do the same thing. I'm out of town half the time these days, and I've had to get rid of way more tickets this year. Last year, I made it to about 40 games...I'll be lucky if I can do half that this year.

balke
08-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I might have to buy my first set when they sign A-rod. However you color that is entirely up to you, but I'm joking dreaming and being sarcastic all at once but probably believe it might happen deep down inside... Magenta?

INSox56
08-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I love my seats too...but I think I'm going to have to respectfully decline. For a few reasons, really. My partner in crime with the tickets won't be renewing because he may have a job in KC by next season. I have another in mind, but I don't think he's going to move up here till Dec. anyway. The most important is that I'm getting married in under a month, so it's not just my cash anymore. I do, however, think that I'll re-up possibly midseason or even for 09 after all the dust settles and the SEVEN (yes, that's 7) weddings I have from here through May of next year.

BainesHOF
08-01-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm leaning to not renewing. It'll be much easier to get good, single-game tickets next season. Plus it'll be harder to sell the sizeable number of games I can't attend. We're not going to make the playoffs next season so postseason tickets will not be an issue. I don't see the point of renewing at this point.

Steelrod
08-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I love my seats too...but I think I'm going to have to respectfully decline. For a few reasons, really. My partner in crime with the tickets won't be renewing because he may have a job in KC by next season. I have another in mind, but I don't think he's going to move up here till Dec. anyway. The most important is that I'm getting married in under a month, so it's not just my cash anymore. I do, however, think that I'll re-up possibly midseason or even for 09 after all the dust settles and the SEVEN (yes, that's 7) weddings I have from here through May of next year.
Kinda sad to replace tickets with shoes, belts, and purses, ..but I've been there.

INSox56
08-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Kinda sad to replace tickets with shoes, belts, and purses, ..but I've been there.
Hah, no not really what I meant...more like we'll have joint housing/car expenses now, so I'll have to make sure things are set as far as that goes before I can spend 900 bucks on ST.

dllrbll7
08-01-2007, 06:34 PM

I expect well over 90% of the Full Season people to renew. We don't get scared off easily. The partial plans might see 80-90% renewal, probably higher.

If I'm lucky, I figure I might move one section (currently 112). The closer you get to Home, the more hard-core the ticket holders are.

I think your being pretty optomistic. This year the renewal rate was high mostly because of the sox forcing you to decide before the playoffs. Next year all the scalpers and alot of the bandwagoners will jump ship. I don't know what the renewal rate was this year but it definately wasn't in the high 90's with the amount of season seats they had available early in the year. I am guessing this year will be about 75%.

DumpJerry
08-01-2007, 06:38 PM
I love my seats too...but I think I'm going to have to respectfully decline. For a few reasons, really. My partner in crime with the tickets won't be renewing because he may have a job in KC by next season.
Is your friend going for Buddy Bell's job? (Bell said he is stepping down from the Royals' job after this season (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91105))

I think your being pretty optomistic. This year the renewal rate was high mostly because of the sox forcing you to decide before the playoffs. Next year all the scalpers and alot of the bandwagoners will jump ship. I don't know what the renewal rate was this year but it definately wasn't in the high 90's with the amount of season seats they had available early in the year. I am guessing this year will be about 75%.
There was a 98% renewal rate from '06 to '07. You have to remember that full season ticket holders are a commited bunch, we won't give up because of one bad season. A lot of the full season ticket holders have held on through some serious thick and thin seasons.

Of course it is pure speculation on our part what the renewal rate will be. The Sox front office probably has a pretty accurate prediction of the number, but won't release it because the agent for every free agent this year will pounce on it.

delben91
08-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I love watching the Sox play too much. Plus, I have the greatest fiancee in the world. So, my fiancee and I (in Michigan) and my buddy (in NYC) will be renewing our seats for next year.

russ99
08-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Good riddance to the bandwaggoners!!!

Amen to that. I'm hoping to get the same lower deck seats again for all the games in my '08 Ozzie plan, like in 2005. Wish I could afford or find time to use even a third of a set of Season Tickets.

If it's mostly upper level tickets in the 15th+ row for a high percentage of the Ozzie-plan games again, like this year then I'll probably wait and get single-game tickets so I can get better seats.

It's not that I mind the upper deck tickets, but if I'm going to front the Sox hundreds of dollars again in January, I want better seats in '08.

Steelrod
08-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Hah, no not really what I meant...more like we'll have joint housing/car expenses now, so I'll have to make sure things are set as far as that goes before I can spend 900 bucks on ST.
I know. I was just playing with you. Congrats, by the way.

soxwon
08-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Seasons tickets for LIFE, Like bears fans.
See if you give up your choice seats, and then in a year or 2 or 3, when we are really hot, you have to start at the bottom of the list again.
Nope not giving mine up until i retire to Florida in 15 years or so.

Rockabilly
08-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I will be there next year with my full season plan..

MCHSoxFan
08-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I will renew my 27 game plan. I have seats in section 145, but I maybe getting them in 125 or 126 in 2008. However, I will NOT renew in 2008 if I become a clubhouse attendant/batboy.

ND_Sox_Fan
08-01-2007, 10:27 PM
I wish that I could renew, but I am moving to New York next week and it'll be tough to get back for too many.

tacosalbarojas
08-01-2007, 10:46 PM

I think you're about right. I've been trying to guage the weekend folks in my section lately. In the neighborhood of 80-90% renewal for those folks wouldn't surprise me either.

ChicagoHoosier
08-01-2007, 11:15 PM
I have to drop. Having a second kid and moving to Libertyville, I only have gotten to 6 games at US Cellular this year with only 3 more planned. Can't justfiy buying a full season as I did last year when living in the city and renewed this year just because I thought I could really make it to more.

I'll just have to roll the dice on single game tix. But still much better than forking over the cash when I can't get to the games and the demand is much lower so I'm eating 10+ games.

Very bummed.

Cat Thief
08-01-2007, 11:32 PM
One kid in Mcauley and another in Rice. I don't know how I'm going to swing it but I am keeping both my 27 game plan and half of full season I share with my boss. Everybody else is robbing banks, I might as well.

I'm in for good, winning or losing, don't matter anymore. 2005 was one of the best years of my life!

dickallen15
08-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Did anyone get the survey today? They were asking about renewal and payment options, and all sorts of stuff. I will renew. I've had them since 1990.

chisoxmike
08-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Did anyone get the survey today? They were asking about renewal and payment options, and all sorts of stuff. I will renew. I've had them since 1990.

No, but I'd like to get that survey.

soltrain21
08-01-2007, 11:57 PM
I graduated college two months ago; and I'm looking into buying season tickets right after Fox hires me full time.

TheOldRoman
08-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I doubt I will be attending too many games next season. I have a wedding to plan. My funds have already gone dry, and it's not until next July...
It might be the same thing for me. I have had a 27 game weekend package the past two years. I will be getting engaged very soon, and need to save up for the wedding/house. Plus, I got ****ed over this year with the tickets. A guy I know was supposed to take 9 or so of the games, like he did last year. He works for a charitable organization, and he told me he used the tickets for the charity last year. I talked to him twice during the off-season, and he was a go. When I came to him during Spring Training to divide the tickets, he said he didn't want any. "The people that took the tickets last year didn't want them this year." I gave that piece of crap tickets at face value for a "charity", and he sold them to his friends for a profit, and then screwed me over this year.

My friends aren't the biggest baseball fans, and the ones that are don't go to games much. If anyone is interested in splitting a 27 package next year, IM me.

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2007, 12:15 AM
I didn't get the survey.

The weekday 27-game plan has been working out very well for me, since 80% of my travels to visit my boyfriend are during the weekend. I've been fortunate to never have had to "eat" a ticket these two years I've had this plan. I do plan on renewing for next year.

Law11
08-02-2007, 09:20 AM
I never bought em to begin with.
Evryone I know who has the 27 game package says this year getting up for the games has been like going to work. They just dont feel like going and a few guys loaded up with Aug/Sept games for a division run. Now they could'nt care less about going.

I go the route of getting tickets when I feel like going.
Its so hard to predict summer events and buying tickets that far in advance
is a tough call for some because you are bound to eat some tickets.

It'll be nice to be able to stretch out again at some games next year.

ilsox7
08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Evryone I know who has the 27 game package says this year getting up for the games has been like going to work. They just dont feel like going and a few guys loaded up with Aug/Sept games for a division run. Now they could'nt care less about going.

I'll never understand people like this. I haven't seen a win since April (probably about 0-8 or so) and I still love going to the ballpark. Not much beats it at all.

Tell them if they want to give away their tickets so they don't have to work anymore, I'll take them.

INSox56
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I know. I was just playing with you. Congrats, by the way.
Oh I know. :wink: And thanks!

kevingrt
08-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I'll never understand people like this. I haven't seen a win since April (probably about 0-8 or so) and I still love going to the ballpark. Not much beats it at all.

Tell them if they want to give away their tickets so they don't have to work anymore, I'll take them.

I kind of understand that side. It is a fun time at the ballpark, but sometimes I want to kill the team that is on the field. I am always there for a win and when they are not only losing, but losing in terrible fashion it sucks some life out of the trip.

34 Inch Stick
08-02-2007, 12:02 PM
I will renew my 27 game if I can get into the lower deck or first row or 2 of the upper deck. Do they require a downpayment before they tell you whether you can get an upgrade?

The Dude
08-02-2007, 12:46 PM

I may do the same thing. I'm out of town half the time these days, and I've had to get rid of way more tickets this year. Last year, I made it to about 40 games...I'll be lucky if I can do half that this year.

Have you guys ever heard about the White Sox ticket exchange? I have full season and no way could I attend all the games. You could easily sell any game at or above face value and make a nice profit that you can keep carrying over to the next year. I don't know why more people don't buy the 27 game package and sell some games to get down to 13 and still come out ahead! :dunno:

SouthSideSoxFan
08-02-2007, 12:59 PM
You could easily sell any game at or above face value
The only seats this year that regularly sell at or above face have been Premium Lower Box seats... and then, not all the time. Since the whitesox.com Ticket Exchange only allows selling above face value, that means it's not much of an option for most season ticket holders this year.

Rocky Soprano
08-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Everyone that wants to "bandwagon" fans to not renew, are you all going to be ok when the payroll also goes down?

MCHSoxFan
08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I will renew my 27 game if I can get into the lower deck or first row or 2 of the upper deck. Do they require a downpayment before they tell you whether you can get an upgrade?

Yes. My seats a long while ago where in 106. Then, 110. Now, 145. I put my money down on 110 and then in MARCH I got a call saying I could be put in 111, 153, or 145. Of course, I chose 145.

chisoxmike
08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Have you guys ever heard about the White Sox ticket exchange? I have full season and no way could I attend all the games. You could easily sell any game at or above face value and make a nice profit that you can keep carrying over to the next year. I don't know why more people don't buy the 27 game package and sell some games to get down to 13 and still come out ahead! :dunno:

Where do you get this from?

I have only sold a Red Sox game this season on that thing. I have put my seats the lowest they can sell for and they don't, and they're lower box seats in 148. It's unreal.

jabrch
08-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Everyone that wants to "bandwagon" fans to not renew, are you all going to be ok when the payroll also goes down?

Won't have a choice - it will be what it will be. But I'll tell you this - I'd rather have fewer good fans watching this team than more crappy ones. I hope half of WSI freaking leaves too. I miss how it was when I first got here.

The bandwaggon is overloaded with crap - in the park, on the radio call-in shows and here on the board. We resemble Cubs fans more and more every freaking day, win or lose.

spiffie
08-02-2007, 05:37 PM
I have heard of it. The demand this year for my seats has been minimal. Even selling at the lowest possible price allowed on the exchange I've ended up not selling over half the time.

MCHSoxFan
08-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Won't have a choice - it will be what it will be. But I'll tell you this - I'd rather have fewer good fans watching this team than more crappy ones. I hope half of WSI freaking leaves too. I miss how it was when I first got here.

The bandwaggon is overloaded with crap - in the park, on the radio call-in shows and here on the board. We resemble Cubs fans more and more every freaking day, win or lose.

I feel ya. I miss when there was 20,000 tops people at USCF. I know the Sox got less money, but I enjoyed it more. Now, more people and more money. However, NOT the kind of fans I like.

Steelrod
08-02-2007, 05:49 PM

I have only sold a Red Sox game this season on that thing. I have put my seats the lowest they can sell for and they don't, and they're lower box seats in 148. It's unreal.
I have sold several. Then again, I've been a full season ticketholder for close to 10 years and my seats are spectacular.

MCHSoxFan
08-02-2007, 05:51 PM
I have sold several. Then again, I've been a full season ticketholder for close to 10 years and my seats are spectacular.

Just wondering, where are your seats?

Steelrod
08-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Just wondering, where are your seats?

MCHSoxFan
08-02-2007, 08:00 PM

Nice! What row? Row 5? :D:

JB98
08-02-2007, 08:03 PM

The team this year has resembled the Cubs as well. :o:

areilly
08-02-2007, 08:24 PM
I feel ya. I miss when there was 20,000 tops people at USCF. I know the Sox got less money, but I enjoyed it more. Now, more people and more money. However, NOT the kind of fans I like.

That was always my favorite part of Tuesday nights at Sox games: shank or be shanked!

WS in 05
08-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Will definetly be renewing next year. And will be hoping that less people do so I can get better seats to see a great season of white sox winning!!!

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2007, 10:24 PM
They first have to see who is renewing and who is not renewing to see if you can upgrade. Most of the time, money would have been already due before they could completely find that out, and they would just apply the money you've already paid to your upgraded seat in your account.

mwc44
08-02-2007, 10:46 PM

Brag-adocious! :tongue:

Proud 4 seat, full season ticket partner since 1991 ("Parking Pass Included") who will, once again, be renewing (even though mine are only in 118).

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2007, 11:11 PM

I was actually VERY fortunate to have the only ticket I've ever put on the White Sox Ticket Exchange sell, and I only have a singleton in my plan. I got a little worried about not selling it, so I put it there just a day or two before the game was played, and it sold a mere 12 hours prior to gametime! It made the 12-0 nightcap loss to the Twins a bit easier to stomach, because, at least I didn't have to eat that ticket.