PDA

View Full Version : Some things that have impressed me with Richar

JermaineDye05
08-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Since being called up, Richar has done things to impress me. Of the things that have stood out I would have to see his play on the field (more notably his range and his arm), and each one of his at bats have impressed me. Every time I see Richar in the batters box he just has that look about him that he should be there and that he knows what to do with exception to some rookies who have just looked overmatched in there (BA for example when he was first called up). I also like how Danny seems to have a knack for putting the ball in play, so far in his first 9 abs (granted it's only 9 abs) he has yet to strike out, and considering the pitchers he was facing and the 'stuff' they had that day sometimes maybe even the strike zone (cuzzi) he has managed to put the ball in play each time. I really think Danny will be a pretty good addition to this club for years to come (knock on wood).

kittle42
08-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I think we need a few more weeks to make any kind of real evaluation, though I'm sure some here were ready to annoint him the 2008 starting 2B after his infield hit on Saturday.

soxfan13
08-01-2007, 01:23 PM
I think we need a few more weeks to make any kind of real evaluation, though I'm sure some here were ready to annoint him the 2008 starting 2B after his infield hit on Saturday.

Anybody that starts 2-3 in his career off one of the leagues best pitcher is headed to the Hall, dont you know

JermaineDye05
08-01-2007, 01:25 PM

I'm not saying annoint him 2B for 2008, I'm just saying I like what I see so far.

The Critic
08-01-2007, 01:27 PM
I've been pretty impressed with his approach at the plate more often than not, but I was also impressed with Ryan Sweeney's plate demeanor when he first came up, so what do I know?
:D:

IlliniSox4Life
08-01-2007, 01:48 PM
The kid has shown some good stuff so far. Hopefully he keeps it up for a long time, but we need a couple of weeks if not more before we can really start to figure out who he is.

soxfan43
08-01-2007, 02:05 PM
It's a good start at least. From what I've read on this board and elsewhere, it doesn't seem like Richar could play shortstop. So if Richar si the 2008 2B, where does that leave the team at short? Uribe might be the worst everyday player in baseball right now, he's brutal. But there really isn't much out there for 2008 FA's, so any ideas on some trade possibilities?

IlliniSox4Life
08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
It's a good start at least. From what I've read on this board and elsewhere, it doesn't seem like Richar could play shortstop. So if Richar si the 2008 2B, where does that leave the team at short? Uribe might be the worst everyday player in baseball right now, he's brutal. But there really isn't much out there for 2008 FA's, so any ideas on some trade possibilities?

A-Rod

spawn
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Here's what's impressed me...he hasn't struck out yet!:D:

Domeshot17
08-01-2007, 03:38 PM
what impressed me about Richar was how smooth he is in the field. I was at his debut game and he turned a double play and his feed to uribe was so fluid, it was incredible. I loved Gooch, but he was never like that. Richar seems to be a lot like Orlando Hudson in my opinion.

soxinem1
08-01-2007, 04:17 PM
His quickness towards 2B on the DP looks very fluid, and it looked like he got to a couple balls a little quicker than Gooch or Cintron.

But we need 30-40 games to see what we have here.

Remember the D'Angelo Jimenez trial in 2002..............