PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather?

Thome_Fan
08-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Who would you rather have been traded, if anyone? I felt like we could have safely gotten rid of Uribe. Does anyone know of a fella named Ben Zobrist? He's pretty well-known down around here in Central Illinois because he hails from Eureka and got called up to play shortstop for Tampa Bay last year. Word on the streets is he's a pretty darn good fielder and a fairly good batter too (although he was sent back down the AAA for a while this year because of a slump.) It seems that he could very well be the kind of young, potentially talented, and most importantly, cheap :tongue: player that we could be looking for. And I gotta say, I think it's time for Uribe to go.

soxfan13
08-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I would have loved if Williams could have done more, Contreras, Dye, Vazquez or Garland for some prospects whether ready to play or not. The way this year has snowballed I think it showed that there needed to be some changes made. Hopefully Williams has bigger and better moves to make in the off season and the reason he didnt do anything is that , he didnt want to trade just to make a trade. There is a reason we are here criticizing and he is a GM who hopefully knows ALOT more then us.

kittle42
08-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Really, who wouldn't have wanted Juan Uribe!?

Chicken Dinner
08-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Uribe kept us in the game last night until Contreras started pitching again.:mad:

Thome_Fan
08-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Uribe kept us in the game last night until Contreras started pitching again.:mad:
Oh, geez, don't even get me started on Contreras.

jabrch
08-01-2007, 11:23 AM
I felt like we could have safely gotten rid of Uribe.

Kenny's phone was probably ringing off the hook with people wanting Juan Uribe.

Does anyone know of a fella named Ben Zobrist? He's pretty well-known down around here in Central Illinois because he hails from Eureka and got called up to play shortstop for Tampa Bay last year. Word on the streets is he's a pretty darn good fielder and a fairly good batter too (although he was sent back down the AAA for a while this year because of a slump.) It seems that he could very well be the kind of young, potentially talented, and most importantly, cheap :tongue: player that we could be looking for. And I gotta say, I think it's time for Uribe to go.

I'm sure the Devil Rays are looking to trade away a guy who has hit .315/.427 in his 4 minor league seasons. That's the type of player that bad teams never want to keep.

Thome_Fan
08-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Kenny's phone was probably ringing off the hook with people wanting Juan Uribe.

I'm sure the Devil Rays are looking to trade away a guy who has hit .315/.427 in his 4 minor league seasons. That's the type of player that bad teams never want to keep.

Ah, very true.

kitekrazy
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
The deal that Boston declined for Dye would've been great but he's still valuable to the team. He could replace Thome at DH if Thome is hurt and Dye is healthy.

I think trading Garland would've been risky unless it was for someone like A-Rod. You just put a hole in what would be the Sox strength for 2008. I see Contreras as part of that hole. With Vasquez, Beurhle, and Danks that leaves 2 ? for starters. You'll pay $$$ through free agency for someone who's 5th starter material. Haeger doesn't impress me. Being a knuckle baller is always a red flag in my book. Garland looks very valuable right now. If you have a staff of those 4, you're going to be competitive.

I'm waiting for Uribe's average to dip under .200. His weaknesses are starting to out weigh his only strength. He probably wasn't tradeable. Hopefully this organization will upgrade at this position. Is there anyone in the minors? Would Cintron be an improvement if he got to play every day?