PDA

View Full Version : Sox all '90s team

MattSharp
04-05-2002, 05:24 PM
I am bored so I threw together a team of the Sox for the '90s.
Let me know what you think

Minimun requirement: must have played at least 3 years w/Sox in the '90s

C Ron Karkovice - No other Sox cathcer played more than 2 seasons and despite no average Karko did have so power
1B Frank Thomas - Pretty much a no brainer.
2B Ray Durham - Ranks 6th all-time for Sox SB
3B Robin Ventura - One of the best defensive 3B of the '90s and an all-time fan favorite
SS Ozzie Guillen - Another fan fav who ranks in the top 10 in many Sox catergories
LF Tim Raines - The only one that qualifies. The Sox leadoff hitter for 6 straight years
CF Lance Johnson - Anothre fan fav with speed
RF Magglio Ordonez - Barely qualifies but the only RF that does anyway.

SP Jack McDowell - Brought home a Cy Young award and two of the best years from a starter the Sox have ahd in a long time
SP Alex Fernandez - 7 seasons as Sox starter, 4 of them better that recent starters

If you have three more starters who are worthy let me know...

Closer Roberto Hernandez - Qualiity seasons leave him 2nd on all-time saves list with Sox

Ok I was bored....

RedPinStripes
04-05-2002, 05:38 PM
If you wanna count 1 year, you can put thigpen in there. lol

WinningUgly!
04-05-2002, 06:22 PM
My 90's "ALL WASH UP" Team...
C-Tony Pena
1B-John Kruk
2B-Steve Sax
3B-Chris Sabo
SS-Scott Fletcher
CF-Mike Devereaux
RF-Danny Tartabull
LF-Ruben Sierra

SP-Doug Drabek
SP-Kirk McCaskill
SP-Dave Stieb
SP-Charlie Hough
Bullpen-Rob Dibble, Atlee Hammaker, Dave Righetti

:chunks
I need to go clean up vomit now.

DVG
04-05-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I am bored so I threw together a team of the Sox for the '90s.
Let me know what you think

Minimun requirement: must have played at least 3 years w/Sox in the '90s

C Ron Karkovice - No other Sox cathcer played more than 2 seasons and despite no average Karko did have so power
1B Frank Thomas - Pretty much a no brainer.
2B Ray Durham - Ranks 6th all-time for Sox SB
3B Robin Ventura - One of the best defensive 3B of the '90s and an all-time fan favorite
SS Ozzie Guillen - Another fan fav who ranks in the top 10 in many Sox catergories
LF Tim Raines - The only one that qualifies. The Sox leadoff hitter for 6 straight years
CF Lance Johnson - Anothre fan fav with speed
RF Magglio Ordonez - Barely qualifies but the only RF that does anyway.

SP Jack McDowell - Brought home a Cy Young award and two of the best years from a starter the Sox have ahd in a long time
SP Alex Fernandez - 7 seasons as Sox starter, 4 of them better that recent starters

If you have three more starters who are worthy let me know...

Closer Roberto Hernandez - Qualiity seasons leave him 2nd on all-time saves list with Sox

Ok I was bored....

I nominate Terry Bevington for White Sox Boob of the '90's. One
of the great moments in the '90's had to be when that clown
walked into Gibson's and carried on a fight with an umpire that
had begun during that night's game.

Mathew
04-05-2002, 11:13 PM
Sadly that team isn't that great, considering the 90's were a good decade in CWS baseball.

voodoochile
04-06-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Mathew
Sadly that team isn't that great, considering the 90's were a good decade in CWS baseball.

Yeah, by the end of 2005, the team of the '00's will probably be better all around.

Nellie_Fox
04-06-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Mathew
I don't know, I think I'd go to war with these guys in their primes.

Tragg
04-06-2002, 09:35 PM
I've got to put Ivan Calderon on my all 1990s team. He was only with us a year or two, but he was on the first team that got good and was a major cog on that team. I still remember him throwing out a runner at the plate in the bottom of the 9th in Anaheim to save a game.

Mathew
04-07-2002, 12:07 AM
Well then just go with the 94' team with Julio Franco and co. they were slated to play the 'spos in the W S