PDA

View Full Version : Shammy K's...did everyone just get up and leave?

cheeses_h_rice
04-05-2002, 05:52 PM
After all, what point is there in staying now?

Pete_SSAC
04-05-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Well, in some people's defense, they can't leave because they are passed out drunk.

- Pete

Cheryl
04-05-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

God, I hope so. I'm having a long pointless conversation via email on where to go have a bite to eat and a :gulp: after work. We're trying to figure out where the best place for that would be and still not have to deal with post game drunken Cub fans. If they all leave now, maybe they'll be either passed out in a corner at High Tops or back in Deerfield by the time I get out of work.

HawkDJ
04-05-2002, 06:01 PM
I don't think Cubs fans have figured out yet that for every "Slammin' Sammy Dinger" they get 3.75 "Slammin' Sammy Strikeouts"

(By comparison, Frank Thomas has 2.44 K's per HR)

Chisox353014
04-05-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

God, I hope so. I'm having a long pointless conversation via email on where to go have a bite to eat and a :gulp: after work. We're trying to figure out where the best place for that would be and still not have to deal with post game drunken Cub fans. If they all leave now, maybe they'll be either passed out in a corner at High Tops or back in Deerfield by the time I get out of work.

God, I hate games that start at 2:20. I unfortunately have to catch my bus right at the Wrigley red line stop. 2:20 starts mean I'm usually arriving there right after the game ends. It's like living hell wading through a sea of drunken floppy hats and #21 jerseys. I do hear the occasional priceless idiotic quote however.

GASHWOUND
04-05-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Well, in some people's defense, they can't leave because they are passed out drunk.

- Pete
Heh, funny :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Cheryl
04-05-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

God, I hate games that start at 2:20. I unfortunately have to catch my bus right at the Wrigley red line stop. 2:20 starts mean I'm usually arriving there right after the game ends. It's like living hell wading through a sea of drunken floppy hats and #21 jerseys. I do hear the occasional priceless idiotic quote however.

That's gotta suck. I hate their friggin' night games, when I have to take the Ravenswood *south* from Chicago Av through the Loop and back north just so I can get on the train. The alternative is to wait for a northbound train that isn't stuffed full of people going to the game, or just to hang out in Wrigelyville during the game.

Chisox353014
04-05-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

That's gotta suck. I hate their friggin' night games, when I have to take the Ravenswood *south* from Chicago Av through the Loop and back north just so I can get on the train. The alternative is to wait for a northbound train that isn't stuffed full of people going to the game, or just to hang out in Wrigelyville during the game.

Yeah it does. The only alternative is either wait around for a while or take the red line back downtown and take the Blue line north, which usually adds about 35 minutes to my commute.

Cheryl
04-05-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

Yeah it does. The only alternative is either wait around for a while or take the red line back downtown and take the Blue line north, which usually adds about 35 minutes to my commute.

Okay, you win. That's worse than my night game commute. And it happens to you more often.

We must not live very far apart. Albany Park in the 'hood just to the west of me.

alohafri
04-05-2002, 09:09 PM
On his show this afternoon, Steve Dahl said, "If I'm a pitcher and Sammy Sosa does that hop thing after a home run, he would spend the next six months with his jaw wired shut because that is where the next pitch would be going."

Then, after a few minutes, he mumbled, "I hate the Cubs."

:nardi Please, fire me! I don't know what I am doing!

cheeses_h_rice
04-05-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
On his show this afternoon, Steve Dahl said, "If I'm a pitcher and Sammy Sosa does that hop thing after a home run, he would spend the next six months with his jaw wired shut because that is where the next pitch would be going."

Then, after a few minutes, he mumbled, "I hate the Cubs."

I think Dahl just keeps seesawing back & forth between the two teams depending on what's happening. He was a longtime Sox season ticket holder, but then gave them up, and then glommed onto the Flubbies in '98 (and even gave Sham-ME a car painted with "62" on it for his HR "record"). I figured he'd just as well stay with the Flubbies, since they will probably garner him more listeners.

Still, it's always good when a member of the "press" states the obvious!

:gulp: