PDA

View Full Version : Dotel to the Braves

getonbckthr
07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
I know reliabilty is a concern but MLBtraderumors.com is reporting Dotel is about to go to Atlanta.

munchman33
07-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow. In Dotel and probably also Texiera, the Braves just picked up the two best options for trade.

chisoxmike
07-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Wow. In Dotel and probably also Texiera, the Braves just picked up the two best options for trade.

And keeps him off the Indians and Tigers.

kittle42
07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
And keeps him off the Indians and Tigers.

Which greatly increases the Sox' playoff chances.

chisoxmike
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Which greatly increases the Sox' playoff chances.

Come on, you know I think the Sox don't have a prayer this season, but whatever keeps others teams in the division from getting better is fine with me.

Unlike some Sox fans around here, I'm not going to pick a division rival and root for them in the playoffs.

spawn
07-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Unlike some Sox fans around here, I'm not going to pick a division rival and root for them in the playoffs.
Word.

oeo
I know reliabilty is a concern but MLBtraderumors.com is reporting Dotel is about to go to Atlanta.

You're a little premature, IMO. The article he links to is this one (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7074020) and the headline is, "Braves take lead in bidding for Dotel." I've seen a lot of 'close' deals.

ilsox7
Come on, you know I think the Sox don't have a prayer this season, but whatever keeps others teams in the division from getting better is fine with me.

Actually, I'd love to see the division rivals give up a piece of their future for a run this year.

RCWHITESOX
07-30-2007, 05:00 PM

That's why the Braves are winners; they know how to roll the dice and come up winners. Their just not a bunch of smoke and mirror what ifs.

oeo
07-30-2007, 05:12 PM
That's why the Braves are winners; they know how to roll the dice and come up winners. Their just not a bunch of smoke and mirror what ifs.

What are you even trying to say here? :?:

Tragg
07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Dotel is such a gascan.

Enjoy, Braves.

I wish we had a middle reliever to trade them.
If they'r getting Davies, one of the Braves' best (remaining) prospects for him, then the price is mighty high for pitching.
I'd think Garland could bring a boatload of young talent.

RowanDye
07-30-2007, 05:25 PM

My memory or analytical ability may be failing me, but I think part of the Braves "problem" has been unwillingness to "roll the dice".

They put together a lot of division winners and only got one WS ring. Personally, I'd trade about 4-5 division championships for a WS championship. If you have to trade away some of your future to win now, then so be it.

I think the Twins have the same problem.

RCWHITESOX
07-30-2007, 05:26 PM
What are you even trying to say here? :?:

I'm saying that the Braves GM knows how to get deals done. Everytime at around the trade deadline he gets who everyone else just talks about getting. In other words he knows how to get a deal done. Just look at the LAA GM Stoneman he couldn't get a deal done if it fell on him. In other words you have to give up something to get something.

soxfanreggie
07-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Whether or not they work out is to be seen in the future, but it is a definite fact that they are trying to make an impact at the deadline.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-30-2007, 06:41 PM
The Braves should ask KW how well it works out when you look to KC to get reliever.

greenpeach
07-30-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm saying that the Braves GM knows how to get deals done. Everytime at around the trade deadline he gets who everyone else just talks about getting. In other words he knows how to get a deal done. Just look at the LAA GM Stoneman he couldn't get a deal done if it fell on him. In other words you have to give up something to get something.

John Schuerholz, the Braves GM, always seems to get deals done because of the Braves great farm system. They always seem to have minor league prospects that other teams covet. Or they can trade high priced underperforming veterans because they know they have great talent down on the farm ready to be called up.

It all starts with one of the best farm systems in major league baseball. It gives the Braves great leverage in trade talks.

DSpivack
07-31-2007, 01:39 AM
Dotel is such a gascan.

Enjoy, Braves.

I wish we had a middle reliever to trade them.
If they'r getting Davies, one of the Braves' best (remaining) prospects for him, then the price is mighty high for pitching.
I'd think Garland could bring a boatload of young talent.

I'm not sure I'd call Davies a prospect anymore. He's had his chances the last three years, and looked awful.