PDA

View Full Version : Garland vs. Vazquez

Viva Medias B's
07-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Related to the other Garland poll, let's say KW decided to trade either Jon Garland or Javier Vazquez. Which one would you move?

Grzegorz
07-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Neither; I'll build an empire with both. :cool:

Frater Perdurabo
07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
None of the above. So shoot me.

fusillirob1983
07-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Initially I only saw the title of the thread thinking it was asking which one we prefer, not which we would trade. I wouldn't trade either because I think we have a solid top 3 with those 2 and Mark.

Viva Medias B's
07-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Initially I only saw the title of the thread thinking it was asking which one we prefer, not which we would trade. I wouldn't trade either because I think we have a solid top 3 with those 2 and Mark.

That is my stand, too. But I just posted this thread simply as a barometer on Garland and Vazquez. Meanwhile, it looks so far that 11 out of 12 WSIers (as of 8:53 p.m.) would move Garland.

oeo
07-29-2007, 11:28 PM
I'd like to keep them both, but if one had to go, I'd say Garland. This is because 1)Javy is already under contract for the next few years and 2)There's no guarantee Garland takes a hometown discount like Buehrle did...how do we know we can re-sign him? We don't, and it's more realistic to think that we will not. I don't think Garland is worth more than Buehrle. He doesn't have the track record, and he isn't as good...so if he wants more (or even the same, I think), bye-bye.

If Kenny can get a killing for Garland (which is what he wants if he trades him), then do it.

slavko
07-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Javy throws some nasty s-word up there doesn't he? Do I have to answer? Is this a cut off your right or left hand question? A Sophie's Choice? If the world were a meat market, I'd say Garland's expiration date is earlier, but the world isn't a meat market. You don't build a team by destroying its strength, unless you have parts ready to plug in. We don't.