PDA

View Full Version : Sosa Gets Away With One

RKMeibalane
04-05-2002, 05:05 PM
As if we needed more proof that Sammy Sosa is an agent of evil. He hit a ball off the front of the basket, and it was ruled a homerun. This is not correct, according to the ground rules of Wrigley Field.

:b&b

cheeses_h_rice
04-05-2002, 05:07 PM
You mean it bounced off the basket and back onto the field?

That surely is no home run!

RKMeibalane
04-05-2002, 05:08 PM
The ball hit the top of the basket, and bounced back onto the field. In order for it to be a homerun, the ball must actually be inside the basket at some point. This did not happen.

RichH55
04-05-2002, 05:09 PM
Definately not a Home Run....and of course Chip was already to call it a HR at first...he's truly awful that one....I saw the Cincy game the other day and he was calling a HBP a foul ball before a replay was even shown...ugh

cheeses_h_rice
04-05-2002, 05:11 PM
:barney&sham

What can I say, I have friends in high places!

HawkDJ
04-05-2002, 05:14 PM
Yeah bad call, but it was tough to judge. The ump should have stayed with his decision to say the ball is in play since it wasn't really clear. How did Baylor get him to change his mind?

Oh well, the Pirates tied it up anyways.

Procol Harum
04-05-2002, 05:14 PM
Hey Ronnie Santo was sure it was a homer--there's an upset.

RedPinStripes
04-05-2002, 05:21 PM
:chunks

doublem23
04-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Yeah bad call, but it was tough to judge. The ump should have stayed with his decision to say the ball is in play since it wasn't really clear.

How would it be tough to judge if it bounced back on the field when the rules say the ball has to be in the basket?

Sounds pretty dat'gum easy to me.

Cubs suck.

HawkDJ
04-05-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

How would it be tough to judge if it bounced back on the field when the rules say the ball has to be in the basket?

Sounds pretty dat'gum easy to me.

Cubs suck.

I thought the rules said if it is in the basket and than bounces out it is a home run. It would seem to tough to judge whether it actually went in or not.

Pete_SSAC
04-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Well, Pirates came back with 2, so the Karma Train came rolling in. Notice how badly the Flubs are struggleing with the Reds and Pirates? Sad sad sad. For them I mean. Make me a very happy little boy. :D:

- Pete

RKMeibalane
04-05-2002, 05:41 PM
...if the ball goes into the basket and comes out, it is a homerun. But the ball hit by Sosa never went into the basket. It hit the top of the basket and went back onto the field.

GASHWOUND
04-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Did Sosa reach some sort of miletone or something? He did afreakin curtain call when he went into the dugout after hitting the HR? I was like, ***!?
lol!

Pete_SSAC
04-05-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Did Sosa reach some sort of miletone or something? He did afreakin curtain call when he went into the dugout after hitting the HR? I was like, ***!?
lol!

He's a friggin' putz. He ALWAYS does that.

- Pete

cheeses_h_rice
04-05-2002, 05:50 PM
lol!

You're kidding, right? Tell me you're kidding.

What is today, April 5? What could possibly merit a curtain call from a dubious home run in the 6th inning of a 1-run game?

:shammy

My obnoxiously oversized ego, that's what.

GASHWOUND
04-05-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
...if the ball goes into the basket and comes out, it is a homerun. But the ball hit by Sosa never went into the basket. It hit the top of the basket and went back onto the field.

Yeah, Chippy and mumble mouth finally admitted it was abreak for the cubs, but I'm also listening to the radio guys and they keep saying its a HR. What, they don't have replay in the radio booth?

Pete_SSAC
04-05-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

What is today, April 5? What could possibly merit a curtain call from a dubious home run in the 6th inning of a 1-run game?

I think he really should take a curtian call when he does what he does best.

Wiffing when his team really needs it.

TAKE A BOW!

"Duuuhhh... OK!"

- Pete

GASHWOUND
04-05-2002, 05:57 PM

Yeah, I didn't see it live...when they showed the replay of him doing his stupid kissed to the camera he did a curtain call! Who else in baseball would do this in this circumstance?! Its freakin unbeliveable.

Chisox353014
04-05-2002, 06:11 PM

Yeah, I didn't see it live...when they showed the replay of him doing his stupid kissed to the camera he did a curtain call! Who else in baseball would do this in this circumstance?! Its freakin unbeliveable.

:moron
"Sammy has class and only does curtain calls when they are appropriate. Unlike that guy on the Smut Sox. What's his name? Jorge Valentine? Yeah, that's it."

DVG
04-06-2002, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chisox353014
[B]

"Sammy has class and only does curtain calls when they are appropriate. Unlike that guy on the Smut Sox. What's his name? Jorge Valentine? Yeah, that's it."

Excuse me!!!! I meant Josama bin Valentin!!! Blasphemous agent
of EVIL!!!!

Mathew
04-06-2002, 12:22 AM

This guy did three that I counted in games that they were losing by more than 10 runs....at least this game was close. Even though it was against the Bucckos.