PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight....?

JermaineDye05
07-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Of all the baseball highlights, they decided to leave out the Blue Jays and White Sox game. I thought this show was meant for baseball highlights. Apparently a pitching duel that is 0-0 until the 8th, a game in which one of the pitchers faced the minimum up until the 8th isn't much of a highlight for BBTN.

Viva Medias B's
07-29-2007, 07:11 PM
They did show one of Cintron's plays as a webgem, FWIW. But you're right. It's just proof that the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network does not care for us.

Frater Perdurabo
07-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Before I began getting ESPN, I though the complaints of ESPN being East Coast-biased might be a least a bit overstated.

Now I see it for myself, and it's even worse than I thought it was.

I really hope that soon both the Yankees and the Red Sox suffer 4 or 5 consecutive 100-loss seasons.

Lip Man 1
07-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Jermaine:

Again I must ask why are you wasting your time watching them in the first place?

I mean you KNOW what's going to happen...you've read the message boards right?

Lip

Lip Man 1
07-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Frater:

I don't think that's going to happen in my lifetime or yours.

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
07-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Frater:

Lip

Probably not. But at least can we have a few postseasons without both of them?

VenturaFan23
07-29-2007, 08:06 PM
I really hope that soon both the Yankees and the Red Sox suffer 4 or 5 consecutive 100-loss seasons.

Sadly, I don't think that will matter for because they'll still be emphasizing on them no matter what.

Huisj
07-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Jermaine:

Again I must ask why are you wasting your time watching them in the first place?

Lip

It's a tough situation with that darned show, because as much as it infuriates me frequently when I watch it, I don't really have much of an alternative when it comes to getting league-wide highlights, so I still watch it. If all you can get for the TV is standard cable that doesn't include any other sports networks (besides Fox Sports, which mostly just shows crap), what else is there to watch? Local news shows nothing at all (they don't even get Tigers highlights right most of the time).

hose
07-29-2007, 08:59 PM
I gave up on BBT a while back.

Lip Man 1
07-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Huisj:

I don't know if you have a satellite but if so, you can get the regional sports network package offered by both Dish Network and DirecTV for five dollars per month.

It enables you to watch all of the regional sports channels (except pro games) including shows like Sports Tonight. (from Chicago on Comcast Sports Chicago)

That's what I watch. I just don't watch ESPN at all anymore.

Lip

oeo
07-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Jermaine:

Lip

Well, it's not like Comcast is much better lately. That's supposed to be a station dedicated to local sports. Well, SportsNite consists of 10-15 minutes of Cubs highlights/interviews, then whatever the Brewers did...then we might see a short highlight reel of the Sox game. I don't give a **** if they're not in it anymore; the reason for your show is to go in depth, and not give us the same bull**** we see on ESPN. I want to see full highlights and interviews from Ozzie and the players, just like the damn Cubs get.

This goes without mentioning the Cubbie-loving anchors, Gail Fischer and Mark Schanowski. :puking:

Patrick134
07-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Frater:

Lip

Right Lip...besides..that happening would get just as much coverage as their good seasons.

Huisj
07-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Huisj:

I don't know if you have a satellite but if so, you can get the regional sports network package offered by both Dish Network and DirecTV for five dollars per month.

It enables you to watch all of the regional sports channels (except pro games) including shows like Sports Tonight. (from Chicago on Comcast Sports Chicago)

That's what I watch. I just don't watch ESPN at all anymore.

Lip

Thanks for the info. I'll try to look into something like that, but I'm not super optimistic about it. I really love the apartment I live in right now (it's a loft in a converted historic wheel factory), but the downside is that the place contracts the cable and internet access to a local company, and I'd be shocked if they offer that sort of package. But it would be worth looking at if it meant no more Steve Phillips and Karl Ravech.

The Racehorse
07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
I used to hang on every word from BBTN, but I finally came to my senses during the 2005 season... ESPN is NOT the end-all-be-all of sports reporting.

seventyseven
07-30-2007, 04:11 PM
I gave up on BBT a while back.

Me too, in addition to Sportscenter.

To others looking for highlights, just hit up MLB.com the following day to get the "top plays" from each game. Its free, and they usually do a nice job putting it together.

Huisj
07-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Me too, in addition to Sportscenter.

How do you live if you don't know "Who's Now"?????

Railsplitter
07-31-2007, 09:18 PM
The Employs Stupid People Network ephasizes home runs- the bottom of the screen crawl mentioned the homers the Sox got in Mark's no-no BEFORE they mentioned the no-hitter.

pierzynski07
07-31-2007, 09:24 PM
The Employs Stupid People Network ephasizes home runs- the bottom of the screen crawl mentioned the homers the Sox got in Mark's no-no BEFORE they mentioned the no-hitter.
:?: That's news to me.