PDA

View Full Version : Sox Merchandise

Fisk72
04-05-2002, 04:35 PM
I thought I'd post to drown out all of the people here at work talking about opening day at Wrigley. In my book, opening day in Chicago for REAL major league baseball is next friday. Anywho, I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out. I've been wanting to get a 1959 replica Sox jersey. I've tried mlb.com (also the Sox homepage), and both espn and coopserstown websites, but I can't seem to find one. I'm not looking for the mega expensive kind, just something I can wear to the stadium and Wrigley (when I want to root against the Cubs and piss off all the stupid fans there). Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Cheryl
04-05-2002, 04:52 PM
I don't think everything that is on sale at the ballpark is listed for sale online. I'd call the gift shop at the park.

There's also the Grandstand, down 35th St from the ballpark. They usually have a pretty good selection.

moochpuppy
04-05-2002, 05:06 PM
Try here:

http://www.chicagosport.com (not to be confused with the Trib web site)

Two locations:

948 West Addison
(Across from Wrigley)
Chicago, IL 60613
773-281-3633

328 N. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60601
312-641-6106

Toll Free: 1-800-437-3686

duke of dorwood
04-05-2002, 11:41 PM
Grandstand works miracles in these areas. A great rec by Cheryl.

doublem23
04-06-2002, 01:18 AM
Hmmm... Do the Sox still have the Clubhouse Store in that mall on the South Side? Which one was it? Chicago Ridge? I should know that, but I don't.

Secondly, does ANYONE know where I can find a hooded Sox sweatshirt. I desperately need one, and all they sell around hers is Scrubbie crap.

Hell, I had to hike down to the South Side in 2000 to get my hands on any Division Champ stuff. But when the Cubs backdoor into the Wildcard, they were practically mailing the crap to me.

Gotta hate the Scrubs.

Anyways, this post really wasn't to helpful, looking at it in retrospect. :smile:

hsc1
04-06-2002, 02:18 AM
cheryl sent you in the right direction..in past dealings with grandstand i have found that if they dont have it in the store they are more than happy to order it for you....they are some of the best people around.....

Streets
04-06-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Hmmm... Do the Sox still have the Clubhouse Store in that mall on the South Side? Which one was it? Chicago Ridge? I should know that, but I don't.

Secondly, does ANYONE know where I can find a hooded Sox sweatshirt. I desperately need one, and all they sell around hers is Scrubbie crap.

retrospect. :smile:

There is a Sox store in Oakbrook Mall but they sell scrub crap in there to so it's not the best "clubhouse." Also, I noticed a hooded zip up sweatshirt that has WHITESOX arcoss the chest available on the Sox website. I'd get it if it weren't $50. (poor college student saving money to go to sox games in summer)

MarqSox
04-06-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Streets

There is a Sox store in Oakbrook Mall but they sell scrub crap in there to so it's not the best "clubhouse." Also, I noticed a hooded zip up sweatshirt that has WHITESOX arcoss the chest available on the Sox website. I'd get it if it weren't $50. (poor college student saving money to go to sox games in summer)

I worked at the Oakbrook Clubhouse for 2 years... sadly, it closed in January.

hsc1
04-07-2002, 11:20 PM
didnt the oakbrook store move further south like around palos???? that was the last word i heard when i was there in december xmas shopping.. the blonde behind the counter told me that they lost their lease in oakbrook and were planning to move it to another mall.....is it still around or a thing of the past????

MarqSox
04-07-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by hsc1
didnt the oakbrook store move further south like around palos???? that was the last word i heard when i was there in december xmas shopping.. the blonde behind the counter told me that they lost their lease in oakbrook and were planning to move it to another mall.....is it still around or a thing of the past????

They'd planned to move elsewhere, but as far as I know, they never actually did.

doublem23
04-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Streets
Also, I noticed a hooded zip up sweatshirt that has WHITESOX arcoss the chest available on the Sox website. I'd get it if it weren't $50. (poor college student saving money to go to sox games in summer)

Yeah, I know, I saw that too, and realized that I'd rather spend my money at the stadium...