PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about

Rockabilly
07-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Reports out of Boston that the Red Sox are scouting Eckstein.. Could this mean maybe Lugo and Pena to the Sox for Dye...

Lugo would give us alot more speed in the lineup to go along with Richar and Owens its a nice start to bring this team back into the playoffs next year

letsgosox1592
07-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Reports out of Boston that the Red Sox are scouting Eckstein.. Could this mean maybe Lugo and Pena to the Sox for Dye...

I wouldnt want either one and plus Lugo has a huge contract. If you think Lugo is a good choice then we would be better off with Uribe.

oeo
07-28-2007, 10:55 PM

Lugo would give us alot more speed in the lineup to go along with Richar and Owens its a nice start to bring this team back into the playoffs next year

I'd rather have a slow SS, that is a good defender, than Lugo who is fast, but also not very good over there. SS is a defensive position...we don't need a butcher over there.

letsgosox1592
07-28-2007, 10:56 PM
I'd rather have a slow SS, that is a good defender, than Lugo who is fast, but also not very good over there.
Dont foreget hes expensive

Rockabilly
07-28-2007, 10:58 PM
I still have my hopes that Dye is traded to the Angels for Brandon Wood or I hope that KW signs Castillo than move Richar to SS next year.

letsgosox1592
07-28-2007, 11:00 PM
I still have my hopes that Dye is traded to the Angels for Brandon Wood or I hope that KW signs Castillo than move Richar to SS next year.
Well than if the Sox trade for Brandon Wood nad sign Castillo and have Richar and Castillo up the middle where does Wood play...bench???

Rockabilly
07-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Well than if the Sox trade for Brandon Wood nad sign Castillo and have Richar and Castillo up the middle where does Wood play...bench???

I meant to say I hope for either situaton to come true but I wouldn't mind platooning Wood and Richar in case one of them doesnt work out

letsgosox1592
07-28-2007, 11:06 PM
I meant to say I hope for either situaton to come true but I wouldn't mind platooning Wood and Richar in case one of them doesnt work out
I would just rather have Wood at short and Richar at 2nd and no Castillo...he's aging and not as fast as he once was. not worth spending couple million on him if we got Wood for Dye.

GAsoxfan
07-28-2007, 11:36 PM
I don't think anyone should want Richar at SS, he's a butcher over there.

This write-up talks about his skills at short (written Jan. 2006):

http://diamondbacks.scout.com/2/494556.html

At one point in the season he led all the minor leagues in errors, and his 32 put him among the leaders overall at the end of the year. Richar has a cannon for an arm, but his footwork has been a thorn in the Diamondbacks side from day one. He tends to throw flat footed far more often than he needs to, and is the type of player that will make a spectacular play, and the muff the routine grounder

Tragg
07-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I certainly hope not. Lugo would bring a severely overpriced SS who is poor defensively and who, last year, had a career offensive year. Poor SS defense is a real bad idea.

Please, no more stale veterans, and don't make the mistakes and problems of our competitors our problems. Why do we want other teams' bad players?

And if Boston has a place for Lugo if they're getting Eckstein; where are we sending Uribe.

letsgosox1592
07-28-2007, 11:39 PM
I certainly hope not. Lugo would bring a severely overpriced SS who is poor defensively and who, last year, had a career offensive year.

Please, no more stale veterans, and don't make the mistakes and problems of our competitors our problems.
Thank you, Julio Lugo sucks!!!!!

sullythered
07-28-2007, 11:48 PM

If Richar moves to SS, I'd rather the Sox sign Iguchi. :D:

letsgosox1592
07-28-2007, 11:50 PM
If Richar moves to SS, I'd rather the Sox sign Iguchi. :D:
No, much rather have Richar and Wood, than Richar and Iguchi

jabrch
07-28-2007, 11:56 PM
No, much rather have Richar and Wood, than Richar and Iguchi

Me too - but Dye isn't getting us Wood. No way.

California Sox
07-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Given the fact that Wood has struggled with a really long swing this year and is playing mostly 3b, I'd rather have Aybar. But I'm afraid Dye's not getting us Wood and he's not getting us Aybar. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim would probably hold out for Paulie and I don't see KW doing that.

Mr. White Sox
07-29-2007, 01:08 AM
I don't think anyone should want Richar at SS, he's a butcher over there.

This write-up talks about his skills at short (written Jan. 2006):

http://diamondbacks.scout.com/2/494556.html

*cough* JULIO LUGO *cough*
The comparisons are uncanny.

We definitely don't need two Julio Lugos on this team, either.