PDA

View Full Version : Richar= your everyday 2nd baseman this season

OG4LIFE
07-28-2007, 04:31 PM
From the STATS game preview:

"Chicago will purchase the contract of Danny Richar from Triple-A Charlotte on Saturday, and he'll become the regular second baseman. "I wanted to make sure that we had a good read on what we had on Danny Richar before September, before the offseason came around," Chicago general manager Kenny Williams told the team's official Web site. "I wanted to make sure they have adequately answered some questions before going into the offseason.""

Anyone seen this kid playing in Charlotte? hitting .356, 400 obp, .956 ops this year for the knights. Traded from ARI to CHW in exchange for Aaron Cunningham this past June. Anybody have anything on him?

ilsox7
07-28-2007, 04:33 PM
El searcho.

letsgosox1592
07-28-2007, 05:11 PM
he looks like he has some offensive potential and he is a pretty good defender. For sure cant have a weaker arm than Gooch. I miss Gooch:whiner:

soxfanreggie
07-28-2007, 05:27 PM
If he can get the job done, I'm all for it. However, I hope to see him playing winter ball.

santo=dorf
07-28-2007, 05:36 PM
http://markramsey.com/wp-content/captain.obvious.jpg

RowanDye
07-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Tada-who-ti Iguchi?

Frontman
07-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Tada-who-ti Iguchi?

Now now, we'll always have Iguchi and his Matrix like moves in our hearts, but I'm thinking this Richar might have a chance if he can translate those numbers from AAA to a decent performance at the MLB level.

lostfan
07-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I don't want to get too excited, but suffice it to say I could live with Richar if he keeps this up.

Then again on the other hand, a dark cloud would point out that Brian Anderson's MLB debut was equally impressive IIRC.

Thome25
07-28-2007, 09:17 PM
How exactly is Richar's last name pronounced?

lostfan
07-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Considering he's Hispanic I would guess "Ree-CAR" or "REE-car". Those names tend to be a little simpler since the vowel sounds in Spanish don't have multiple sounds like in English.

cws05champ
07-28-2007, 09:36 PM

You can just call him " THE Rick-er"

Sockinchisox
07-28-2007, 09:44 PM

Well Farmer, Singleton and Rongey all pronounced it "Ree-shar" sounds french to me haha.

FedEx227
07-28-2007, 09:57 PM
It's REE-shar

FarWestChicago
07-28-2007, 10:01 PM
It's REE-sharI'm just hoping for CAN-hit. :D:

Sockinchisox
07-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Anyone think the 1-2-3 TADAHITO! Chant would work for this guy?

(If you dunno what I'm talking about, theres a guy that has season tix in like section 151 or 152 that whenever he's there he got everyone to chant 1-2-3 TADAHITO!)

I mean, it kinda rhymes, but I dunno if he'd want a chant about him starting with 1-2-3 haha.

MCHSoxFan
07-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Anyone think the 1-2-3 TADAHIDO! Chant would work for this guy?

(If you dunno what I'm talking about, theres a guy that has season tix in like section 151 or 152 that whenever he's there he got everyone to chant 1-2-3 TADAHIDO!)

I mean, it kinda rhymes, but I dunno if he'd want a chant about him starting with 1-2-3 haha.

Yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. My Season Tickets are in 145. I ALWAY heard those guys saying: 1-2-3-TADAHITDO! It was fun and funny.

No more, though. :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

OG4LIFE
07-28-2007, 11:15 PM
I missed the game. Saw the box score he went 2-3 against 'Doc Holiday'. What were his hits like? A couple gorks/seeing eye singles or frozen ropes? How did he look? Overmatched or somewhat comfortable?

letsgosox1592
07-28-2007, 11:21 PM
I missed the game. Saw the box score he went 2-3 against 'Doc Holiday'. What were his hits like? A couple gorks/seeing eye singles or frozen ropes? How did he look? Overmatched or somewhat comfortable?
He hit one of the middle but the shortstop made a nice diving play and threw to 3rd and got Pods in a pickel and then the 2nd hit he hit a ball pass the 3rd basemen and shortstop

GAsoxfan
07-28-2007, 11:29 PM

I thought he looked pretty comfortable up there, especially considering who he was facing.

McDonald had some great plays tonight. He saved a run twice with great plays.

MeteorsSox4367
07-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Two hits against a quality pitcher like Halladay and the kid looks like he can turn it around second base a little bit, too.

As much as I liked Iguchi (and hearing Gene Honda belt out his name as though it were one word), I could be very content with Richar as the second baseman.

lostfan
07-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Looks to me like Richar has blazing Pods/Owens type speed. Which is great. More speed in a lineup is beautiful, there's really no answer for it when everything is clicking.

SpartanSoxFan
07-29-2007, 02:34 AM

Are you serious???? HE WENT 2-3 IN HIS MAJOR LEAGUE DEBUT AGAINST A CY YOUNG WINNER. Does it really matter what type of hits they were? Jeez. :rolleyes:

Chisox003
07-29-2007, 02:48 AM
I want to see Owens/Richar hitting 1-2 in August and September and absolutely running wild when they get on.

With those two, along with Fields and hopefully Sweeney, I'm actually looking more forward to watching the Sox play now than at any point in the past couple months. Granted the bullpen is still embarrassing, but a solid 1-4 in the rotation plus a bunch of young, fast guys in the lineup should be at least entertaining.

Grzegorz
07-29-2007, 05:43 AM
I want to see Owens/Richar hitting 1-2 in August and September and absolutely running wild when they get on.

With those two, along with Fields and hopefully Sweeney, I'm actually looking more forward to watching the Sox play now than at any point in the past couple months. Granted the bullpen is still embarrassing, but a solid 1-4 in the rotation plus a bunch of young, fast guys in the lineup should be at least entertaining.

I agree with you one hundred percent; Richar had a nice debut. Lets hope he plays well and continues to contribute.

It is so nice to see some guys that can run in this lineup. Hopefully Pods stays together, the Chicago White Sox sign him for next year, and the team benefits from the added speed component.

Sure the Chicago White Sox need the contributions of some rookies to help the team in the second half but the added experience will help them for 2008.

Screw those that painted the Chicago White Sox as being dead in the water; those folks, the sports radio clowns, have nothing to say of substance about the Chicago White Sox. To them the Chicago White Sox are second class citizens in this town.

Lillian
07-29-2007, 08:05 AM
That throw that he made, while turning the double play at second, really had something on it. Compared to what we have become accustomed to seeing from Iguchi, it was a missile!

He also made a nice feed to Uribe on another double play.

jabrch
07-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Are you serious???? HE WENT 2-3 IN HIS MAJOR LEAGUE DEBUT AGAINST A CY YOUNG WINNER. Does it really matter what type of hits they were? Jeez. :rolleyes:

Didn't you know that hits don't count so much if they aren't hit hard?

OG4LIFE
07-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Because 3 at bats into his big league career, his approach, confidence and comfort level are just as important as his results.

Bailing out and flipping a gork over the 2nd baseman's head is statistically better than a frozen rope hit right at an outfielder. However, hard ground balls, line drives, solid contact and quality at bats will, in general, produce better results.

So if he had gone 0-3, would it matter how his at bats played out? By what you are implying, apparently not.

soltrain21
07-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Because 3 at bats into his big league career, his approach, confidence and comfort level are just as important as his results.

3 ABs into his career? I think not. The kid was probably ****ting himself all game.

soxinem1
07-29-2007, 06:44 PM
You can just call him " THE Rick-er"

http://www.nndb.com/people/251/000024179/rick-schroeder-sized.jpg

'You rang?? That's my name!!!'

PatK
07-30-2007, 09:24 AM
To them the Chicago White Sox are second class citizens in this town.

Not just the White Sox, but the WhiteSox fans as well.

I've never seen a more elitist, self-entitled fanbase than that on the North Side.

KenBerryGrab
07-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Maybe Richar-Owens could be the second coming of the Julio Cruz-Rudy Law speedball 9-1 combo.