PDA

View Full Version : Piersall on the Score

Nellie_Fox
04-05-2002, 11:30 AM
As I was driving home from teaching a night class last night, the Score was coming in loud and clear here in Minnesota. I haven't heard Jimmy Piersall in quite some time. He made an interesting comment: "This is a problem that fielders have, especially the infielders and outfielders." Gee, Jimmy, thanks for making it more specific.

I did enjoy his comment on Cubs broadcasters: "Caray was bad, but these two are real homers."

moochpuppy
04-05-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
As I was driving home from teaching a night class last night, the Score was coming in loud and clear here in Minnesota

I've never been able to pick it up here in the Twin Cities though. I think the furthest north I've picked up the score on a drive back was Tomah, WI.

Nellie_Fox
04-05-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
I've never been able to pick it up here in the Twin Cities though. I think the furthest north I've picked up the score on a drive back was Tomah, WI.
I've taught "extended campus" classes at Burnsville High School, and on some nights (not all) I've been able to listen to the Score all the way back to Mankato. Reception is always best shortly after dark and shortly before sunrise.

moochpuppy
04-05-2002, 01:03 PM

I've taught "extended campus" classes at Burnsville High School, and on some nights (not all) I've been able to listen to the Score all the way back to Mankato. Reception is always best shortly after dark and shortly before sunrise.

I'd say that's an "extended campus"!

That's still a bit further south from where I'm at (Edina). If I can make it up that late I'll have to give it a shot. We've got the Wife's niece and nephew for a sleep-over this Saturday night so I'm sure I'll be up most of the night in a Playstation tournament of some sort so I'll give it a shot then.

OfficerKarkovice
04-05-2002, 02:21 PM

I'd say that's an "extended campus"!

That's still a bit further south from where I'm at (Edina). If I can make it up that late I'll have to give it a shot. We've got the Wife's niece and nephew for a sleep-over this Saturday night so I'm sure I'll be up most of the night in a Playstation tournament of some sort so I'll give it a shot then.

Wow Mooch you're in Edina? That puts you all of 20 min if that away from me...I'm at the University of St. Thomas here in St. Paul.

cheeses_h_rice
04-05-2002, 02:26 PM
Wow, lots of Minnesotans here.

Jerry must feel right at home.

:D:

moochpuppy
04-05-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

Wow Mooch you're in Edina? That puts you all of 20 min if that away from me...I'm at the University of St. Thomas here in St. Paul.

Small world Kark. I'm currently going back to school part time to finish my degree at the U.

I can't believe we have to wait until late June before we can see our Sox live up here.

moochpuppy
04-05-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Ya, you betcha, don't ya know. Holy buckets!

I'm not a true Minnesotan though, as some of you know. Home grown in Chicago for my first 27 years.

OfficerKarkovice
04-05-2002, 06:31 PM

Small world Kark. I'm currently going back to school part time to finish my degree at the U.

I can't believe we have to wait until late June before we can see our Sox live up here.

I know it that sucks...I'm gonna be gone by mid May so I won't even get to see them up here at least.

Jerry_Manuel
04-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I do, it's like my 2nd family.

Nellie_Fox
04-06-2002, 01:22 AM
The family and I are going up to the Hump Dump in June for a game in the Sox series. It'd be fun to see how many WSI folks we can get together.

FarWestChicago
04-06-2002, 01:24 AM

The family and I are going up to the Hump Dump in June for a game in the Sox series. It'd be fun to see how many WSI folks we can get together. There should be a few of you. :smile:

moochpuppy
04-08-2002, 12:29 PM

The family and I are going up to the Hump Dump in June for a game in the Sox series. It'd be fun to see how many WSI folks we can get together.

What game are you going to see Nellie?

Nellie_Fox
04-08-2002, 12:54 PM
I don't know yet; it will depend on the work schedule of my daughter and her fiance. Based on her current schedule it will probably be either the 24th or the 25th. They are supposed to be taking care of getting the tickets. When I know more I'll post it.

moochpuppy
04-08-2002, 01:03 PM
I don't know yet; it will depend on the work schedule of my daughter and her fiance. Based on her current schedule it will probably be either the 24th or the 25th. They are supposed to be taking care of getting the tickets. When I know more I'll post it.

There are still plenty of good seats still available. You can still get Diamondview seats (between home and 1st/3rd, $27.00) as low as 29th row.